• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Your message to the cosmos

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
What would you say to the cosmos?

YOUR MESSAGE TO THE COSMOS

You learned about the Golden Record in the first episode of COSMOS. What if you could send your own message into space to communicate the story of your world? Show us to enter for a chance to win a trip to a COSMOS event to meet Neil deGrasse Tyson and Ann Druyan!
Use the COSMOS app to submit your photo or drawing electronically. For app entry, you’ll need a Twitter account & you must follow @CosmosOnTV. Then, just follow the on-screen instructions. To enter without using the COSMOS app, click herefor instructions.

I'm not sure what my message would be, but I'm certain it would include a dwarf, a mankini, and a vat of chocolate pudding.

I think it's safe to say that no alien will get that joke.
How do you know aliens haven't already been here and implemented into our DNA a genetocognamemejokecode messaging system for the other aliens when they arrive? It might just be exactly what they would understand. How do you know? HHMMMMM? You don't, do you? That's what I thought.

"Hey, Cosmos! You're inanimate and no sentient, so you can't understand anything I say to you. I'm really just talking to myself here so the message is not to forget that the dog has a vet appointment in the morning."

Can I just put out warning buoys, like they do in Voyager? Crime tape, Do Not Cross.

"Hey, Cosmos! You're inanimate and no sentient, so you can't understand anything I say to you. I'm really just talking to myself here so the message is not to forget that the dog has a vet appointment in the morning."

ANSWER FROM THE COSMOS! "That'll be 250..." :p

Back
Top Bottom