• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

60% of Algerian women think a husband has the right to beat his wife?

Not on YT?

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/WtvON3Aifbk[/YOUTUBE]

I also saw it on FB.

Is Putin filtering your internet for you?

And in what world does 'not on YouTube' = 'censored'?

The new Beauty and the Beast movie is not on YouTube, must have been censored. Seriously, WTF?

Private companies can censor now without government approval. The New York Times will not publish my letter to my first girlfriend telling her I am sorry and still love her.

HOW CAN THEY DO THIS!!!!!

In Islamic countries, the question "Do you still beat you wife?" is not a leading question asked by the prosecution to entrap the defendant, but a question asked by the defense to gain sympathy for the accused by showing he either does or at least used to beat his wife as any good man should.

Of course that just a joke and cannot be true, because the accused are not allowed to defend themselves in most Islamic countries.

IIRC, the first child-abuse trial in the US was actually prosecuted under a law about beating livestock. The idea that maybe people have a right to feel safe in their own homes is relatively progressive...

I don't know why such a statistic would be should be shocking. Cultural norms are what they are.

Even in western countries, this same thing is seen. A child who grows up in a household where corporal punishment was inflicted on the adult women of the house, will see this as a "normal" thing. This norm comes with its inherent boundaries. There is a slap so slight, it is ineffective, and there is a punch which inflicts too much injury. Everything in between is fair. This kind of behavior is transferred from generation to generation, whether it's the whole society, or just a few families in the society.

To a person who finds any kind of violence outside the norm, all of it is abhorrent, but it's not a line that separates any group from another.

Yeah, so? And this is wrong? Maybe in your culture.
If you're born in to a culture where this is the accepted norm, does it not follow that even many of the abused will see it as such?

I don't know why such a statistic would be should be shocking. Cultural norms are what they are.

Even in western countries, this same thing is seen. A child who grows up in a household where corporal punishment was inflicted on the adult women of the house, will see this as a "normal" thing. This norm comes with its inherent boundaries. There is a slap so slight, it is ineffective, and there is a punch which inflicts too much injury. Everything in between is fair. This kind of behavior is transferred from generation to generation, whether it's the whole society, or just a few families in the society.

To a person who finds any kind of violence outside the norm, all of it is abhorrent, but it's not a line that separates any group from another.

Actually, I would say in most Western countries, any and all domestic violence is taboo. Of course, this wasn't the case even a generation or two ago, but it has changed rapidly in the past 50 years.

Of course, that isn't to say that domestic violence doesn't exist in Western countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, so? And this is wrong? Maybe in your culture.
If you're born in to a culture where this is the accepted norm, does it not follow that even many of the abused will see it as such?

Yes, it is wrong.

Wait, Will? Are you a conservative or libertarian?

If so, I apologize for using the word conspiracy. I know that with right wing people, we are supposed to use the word "agenda" instead. Can you forgive me for using the politically incorrect term?

And people like laughing dog believe that Europe (and US) are under legal obligation to take in millions of such people ...

According to this. Video is not on youtube. Is it censored?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=882_1490871951

The Honour Diaries which involves Muslim human rights groups is banned from campus's due to objections from the Muslim Students Association and the Council on American Islamic Relations

http://www.honordiaries.com/blog/linda-sarsour-tries-silence-women-like/

Up until last week, I had never heard of Linda Sarsour, the controversial co-chair of the global women’s march. But then supporters of my charity (Karma Nirvana) shared their shock and outrage over Ms. Sarsour’s attacks on the film Honor Diaries, a film in which I feature and support wholeheartedly. When Honor Diaries was released in March 2014, Ms. Sarsour worked to discredit the film. She disseminated the hashtag #DisHonorDiaries and made disparaging comments about the film. Why would a women’s rights activist work to silence a film on women’s rights?

I took part in Honor Diaries to break the silence of “honor abuse” I endured. I was born in Britain and my life experiences were rooted in an honor system which subjugated women, deemed us less than men, and justified why we were not allowed freedom, independence and democracy. A woman was to be seen and not heard; a woman was not to bring shame on her family; a woman did not have the right to an education, or the right to choose her spouse.

Then we have C.A.I.R. The Commission on American Islamic Relations

See
https://www.facebook.com/CAIRNational/posts/10152162847772695

and

http://thearabdailynews.com/2014/05/20/white-house-rumana-ahmed-leaving-post-new-assignment/

White House Rumana Ahmed leaving post for new assignment
By Ray Hanania

Rumana Ahmed, who was named as the head of a new White House initiative to reach out to American Arabs and American Muslims, will be leaving her post at the Office of Public Engagement, headed by Valerie Jarrett.

A statement released by Ahmed offered few details raising concerns among American Arabs and American Muslims about her fate and also the fate of the initiative which was only launched last March. (Click here to read the original story.) Ahmed was an executive assistant to Jarrett.
Ahmed’s statement read:

“It’s been an honor serving in the interim role as the liaison to the Muslim American and Arab American communities in my official capacity within the Office of Public Engagement (OPE). Today is my last day with OPE before I return in a month in a different capacity with another office here at the White House.”

CAIR is instrumental on suppressing the Honour Diaries Film

See interview here
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3419916749001/?#sp=show-clips

See debate here. The excuse was that it was the Clarion Project was behind it though this is just one of the groups behind this.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/5758/the-inside-story-of-how-john-kerry-secretly#

The Inside Story of How John Kerry Secretly Lobbied to Get CAIR Removed From UAE's Terrorist Organization List

On Nov. 16, 2014, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) took the unusual step of designating the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), and the Muslim American Society (MAS) – as terrorist organizations.

They were among 83 groups named for their connections to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood.

This outraged CAIR officials, who immediately began efforts to get their organization removed from the list. They found a powerful ally in Secretary of State John Kerry, who authorized State Department officials to meet regularly with UAE officials to lobby on behalf of CAIR and MAS.

Anyway, if you go through the agenda of the last women's march you will not nothing related to this.

Re the debate on Fox News you will see CAIR objected to the Clarion Project supporting this.
What is the (Right Wing) Clarion project. See the trailer on this program.

Its Mission is
To expose the dangers of Islamic extremism while providing a platform for the voices of moderation and to promote grass roots activism. It is critisized by CAIR and The Southern Poverty Law Centre.

So there are reformers in the Middle East and Africa but the Honour Diaries has upset a few Jihadis.
You won't see any of the Feminists from this project invited to speak at any Women's March events.

If so, I apologize for using the word conspiracy. I know that with right wing people, we are supposed to use the word "agenda" instead. Can you forgive me for using the politically incorrect term?

Will is a leftist of some sort, AFAICT.

A guy I used to know did some work in Thailand.

He shocked the locals by wanting to converse with the women there as much as the men.

In mixed groups of men and women, the women readily agreed that their job was to please their husbands. Their husbands were shocked when the American asked if the husband's job was to please his wife.

Without their men or husbands nearby, the women had different thoughts they confided to the American.

What I learned from the Right at FRDB is that if a victim says something, it's true.

Will is a leftist of some sort, AFAICT.

Just not the correct sort of leftist for the trolls on this forum. :D

Back
Top Bottom