• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Trump on Federal workers who are not getting paid. "But many of those workers have said to me and communicated, stay out until you get the funding for the wall." https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/28/politics/shutdown-second-week/index.html

Right... I'm sure Trump is lying again. I would guess only one in a thousand people would support not getting paid for their job until Trump gets his wann money.

It is impossible to conceive that anyone, knowing that the shutdown only hurts Trump, would send him a message of support for the shutdown.

Trump on Federal workers who are not getting paid. "But many of those workers have said to me and communicated, stay out until you get the funding for the wall." https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/28/politics/shutdown-second-week/index.html

Right... I'm sure Trump is lying again. I would guess only one in a thousand people would support not getting paid for their job until Trump gets his wann money.

Lying would imply that he knows reality. That I doubt.

I doubt that one federal employee who is not getting paid has personally told Trump that they support the shut down until he gets his wall money. So if that's true, then trump is lying.

Trump has zero credibility for anything he says so it's prudent to assume that anything that he says is a lie until shown to be true.

I doubt that one federal employee who is not getting paid has personally told Trump that they support the shut down until he gets his wall money. So if that's true, then trump is lying.

Trump has zero credibility for anything he says so it's prudent to assume that anything that he says is a lie until shown to be true.
I don't know, if Trump is known for one thing, it is his desire to hang around the proles.

Of course he has zero credibility.

I'm saying that "lying" implies he knows the truth, which implies he has a reasonable contact with reality.

Yeah, when a little kid says a man came in thru the window and broke tge cookie jar, he is not lying. He knows reality does not serve his best interests, so his mind searches for an alternate to reality, and substitutes that as the new, improved, not my fault reality.

But then the adults in the room have to say, 'sweetie, no one affected by the shutdown has a chance to talk to you, right? Or, you know, has access to your cookie jar.'

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-obama-home-wall-20181231-story.html

In one of his most recent arguments for a southern border wall, President Donald Trump on Sunday falsely claimed that Barack and Michelle Obama's home here is surrounded by a 10-foot wall.

Trump's tweet comes in the midst of a partial government shutdown, which was spurred Dec. 22 by Trump's demand for $5 billion in funding for a U.S.-Mexico border wall. He alleged that the "wall" around the Obamas' mansion was necessary for the former first couple's "safety and security," adding that the United States needs a "slightly larger version!"

I think I've officially reached Numb. This is one of those stupid, outrageous statements that anyone with any sense of decency would've been aghast at prior to ~2001.

Sure, it's stupid as fuck, but I'm kind of like, Of course he said something that stupid; why is this news?

Unfortunately it is not news that Trump said something else stupid, or a lie. But it is hard to ignore in a sick kind of way.

Part of my qualifications process in the Navy included these mind-stretching questions that were posed, ones that answering them required intimate knowledge of several systems and how they worked together.

Chief would point to a computer module in fire control, and say, " you are a drop of water in the ocean. Cool that module." And i would have to explain water taken on board, distilled, chilled, pumped forward, thru the MCC ventilation heat exchangers... all the ins and outs of the water drop into the sub, through the sub, tasks performed, pumped overboard...

I think of that every time FFvC says "MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL through the many billions of dollars a year that the U.S.A. is saving through the new Trade Deal."

Because i need to see that path. The travel of the dollar.

Say that this trade deal saves me $1 on corn over the next 6 months. Show me how this ollar, the one I am NOT SPENDING travels here from Mexico, is taxed, added to the Federal treasury, alloted by the budget, to be spended on his fucking wall.

Rather makes, "You didn't build that" seem like small beer, doesn't it.

Rather makes, "You didn't build that" seem like small beer, doesn't it.

Which was taken so wholly out of context, that even someone who disliked Obama should've smelled the accusation as bullshit. But nope.

I worry sometimes that I'm not paying attention to the whole text of what Trump says. But then I listen to the given rambling, nonsensical word salad, and I'm content that he is indeed a poorly spoken idiot who says and does horrible things.

I'm confused.

On one of FFvC's recent tweets, someone asked when Mexico is paying, and a Trumpette says:
He said that they were not going to write a check when he was running, he said they would pay for it by either saving money on new trade deals or taxes. There are multiple ways to get it back no one thought they would write a check

I don't remember anything like that during the campaign. Which is not to say he never said it. It's possible it just never made it to the media...during the year when the media faithfully reported about EVERY damned thing he said... But, hey, maybe he started this weird negative-zone math way back then.

Thing is, what I DO remember is a very pathetic phone call Trump made soon after he took office, directly asking the Mexican president to pay for the wall. Nothing then about 'we're going to tariff a wall out of you' or 'sign this treaty so I can build a wall out of the profits (magically).' But a pretty much straight-up 'I promised my people a check from Mexico, please gimmee one.'

So, are the trumpies backfilling yesterday with today's lies?
Or did Trump campaign on his current promise, just turning a couple of 180 turns in the middle, there?

Yeah, won't disagree with that. Of course, Trump has lowered the bar so low, it becomes a bit hard to remember what proper protocol and behavior actually was before he infected DC.

Reporter: Do you have in mind a safety net for [federal workers] who need their checks?

Trump: The safety net is going to be having a strong border because we're going to be safe.

stupid lying.

"This [magnificent, beautiful wall] should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me, and they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it."

Back
Top Bottom