• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Democratic congressman ate KFC at today's hearing: "Chicken Barr should have showed up"

I don't think you would ever make anyone squirm using that type of argument.

Wow, way to make it about race and take it out of context when it's not actually about race.

First, he offered chicken to a white lady and she took some. Then, he offers to others. Then, he offers to her, the black woman who is a representative. She declines and starts commenting, just happens to find the whole fiasco in poor taste, not finding it racist, just the scenario of eating chicken because Barr is a chicken. If you want to call him a "dumbass" for offending people's sensibilities maybe next time you should look at the whole video and critically think about why it's not actually racist and why the black woman isn't so simple that she can only see life through the lens of racism.

She was just trying to be above it all and remain professional:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/441894-dems-go-after-barrs-head

Dude, chill out. I don't think its racist. I was making a joke out of the media's tendency to see just about every god damn mindless interaction between a white person and a black person as some sort of racism dog whistle. Note how TMZ specifically noted she was African American, implying that there's some racial undertones here. What other point would there be to publish such a mundane situation?
You are trying to comment on how TMZ is blowing the mundane out of proportion?

Is your next comment going to be about water and how you really think it is wet?

Wow, way to make it about race and take it out of context when it's not actually about race.

First, he offered chicken to a white lady and she took some. Then, he offers to others. Then, he offers to her, the black woman who is a representative. She declines and starts commenting, just happens to find the whole fiasco in poor taste, not finding it racist, just the scenario of eating chicken because Barr is a chicken. If you want to call him a "dumbass" for offending people's sensibilities maybe next time you should look at the whole video and critically think about why it's not actually racist and why the black woman isn't so simple that she can only see life through the lens of racism.

She was just trying to be above it all and remain professional:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/441894-dems-go-after-barrs-head

Dude, chill out. I don't think its racist. I was making a joke out of the media's tendency to see just about every god damn mindless interaction between a white person and a black person as some sort of racism dog whistle. Note how TMZ specifically noted she was African American, implying that there's some racial undertones here. What other point would there be to publish such a mundane situation?

:rotfl: Yeah, that's the ticket. You didn't call him a dumbass for giving chicken to a black lady or point out that she wasn't amused because you were agreeing with TMZ, but because you were calling out TMZ for overreacting. Got it. ;)

It's not specifically about racism, but rather the news media's obsession with finding controversy whether it really exists or not. Eyeballs are more important than not being deceptive.

It's not specifically about racism, but rather the news media's obsession with finding controversy whether it really exists or not. Eyeballs are more important than not being deceptive.

In the case of this thread, it shows how people accept and spread what the media feeds them.

Well, just because prop comics get ridiculed these days doesn't mean you can't increase the dignity of congress with prop congressmen.

It's hard to lower it anyway.

Well, some time in the congressman's calendar had been freed up by chicken Barr, so why not make the (absent) spirit flesh, a sweet communion?
I thought it was very funny and appropriate, and punched Trump in his junk-lovin' gut.

Back
Top Bottom