• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Democratic congressman ate KFC at today's hearing: "Chicken Barr should have showed up"

Well, just because prop comics get ridiculed these days doesn't mean you can't increase the dignity of congress with prop congressmen.

It's hard to lower it anyway.

Well, just because prop comics get ridiculed these days doesn't mean you can't increase the dignity of congress with prop congressmen.

It's hard to lower it anyway.

I first read the title as "A Dramatic Congressman Ate KFC" and still feel that my mistaken reading works better.

Yes, dismal is worried about the dignity of the US Congress. Poor soul.

No, actually I'm not. Reading at a 3rd grade reading level would have told you that.

As a small government supporter I'm in favor of government officials beclowning themselves.

This is one of the few areas where I am constantly rewarded.

No, actually I'm not. Reading at a 3rd grade reading level would have told you that.

As a small government supporter I'm in favor of government officials beclowning themselves.

Oh I see, so as a "small government supporter" it's your priority to make jokes about Democrats instead of caring about the traitor in the White House and entire Party covering for him.

Oh I see, so as a "small government supporter" it's your priority to make jokes about Democrats instead of caring about the traitor in the White House and entire Party covering for him.

If I frequented a forum where there were a bunch of idiotic Trump supporters I'd make jokes about Trump.

But you only got the idiots you got.

Looks like the dumbass offered some of his chicken to a black lady. :picardfacepalm:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/02/congress-steve-cohen-fried-chicken-william-barr-kfc-val-demings/

She does not seem amused.

Wow, way to make it about race and take it out of context when it's not actually about race.

First, he offered chicken to a white lady and she took some. Then, he offers to others. Then, he offers to her, the black woman who is a representative. She declines and starts commenting, just happens to find the whole fiasco in poor taste, not finding it racist, just the scenario of eating chicken because Barr is a chicken. If you want to call him a "dumbass" for offending people's sensibilities maybe next time you should look at the whole video and critically think about why it's not actually racist and why the black woman isn't so simple that she can only see life through the lens of racism.

She was just trying to be above it all and remain professional:
Another Judiciary Committee member, Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.), called for Barr to resign and endorsed the idea of holding him in contempt of Congress.

“He has proven incapable of obeying the oath of office to uphold the Constitution of the United States,” Demings said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/441894-dems-go-after-barrs-head

Looks like the dumbass offered some of his chicken to a black lady. :picardfacepalm:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/02/congress-steve-cohen-fried-chicken-william-barr-kfc-val-demings/

She does not seem amused.

Wow, way to make it about race and take it out of context when it's not actually about race.

First, he offered chicken to a white lady and she took some. Then, he offers to others. Then, he offers to her, the black woman who is a representative. She declines and starts commenting, just happens to find the whole fiasco in poor taste, not finding it racist, just the scenario of eating chicken because Barr is a chicken. If you want to call him a "dumbass" for offending people's sensibilities maybe next time you should look at the whole video and critically think about why it's not actually racist and why the black woman isn't so simple that she can only see life through the lens of racism.

Another Judiciary Committee member, Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.), called for Barr to resign and endorsed the idea of holding him in contempt of Congress.

“He has proven incapable of obeying the oath of office to uphold the Constitution of the United States,” Demings said.

Dude, chill out. I don't think its racist. I was making a joke out of the media's tendency to see just about every god damn mindless interaction between a white person and a black person as some sort of racism dog whistle. Note how TMZ specifically noted she was African American, implying that there's some racial undertones here. What other point would there be to publish such a mundane situation?

Yeah, she was probably just looking at him like he's an idiot because he's an idiot.
And yet, for all his 'idiocy' (it's really just showboating/grandstanding), he's still leaps and bounds more qualified for his position that both Barr and Trump. I don't buy your 'if this forum were full of trump supporters I'd be making fun of them' bullshit, either. You fall on the side of the authoritarians/fascists too consistently for that. You're just too chickenshit to own it.

Yeah, she was probably just looking at him like he's an idiot because he's an idiot.
And yet, for all his 'idiocy' (it's really just showboating/grandstanding), he's still leaps and bounds more qualified for his position that both Barr and Trump. I don't buy your 'if this forum were full of trump supporters I'd be making fun of them' bullshit, either. You fall on the side of the authoritarians/fascists too consistently for that. You're just too chickenshit to own it.

Show me one example were I took a fascist/authoritarian position.

Show me one example were I took a fascist/authoritarian position.

And do it now or he'll have his Brown Shirts beat you. :mad:

If I frequented a forum where there were a bunch of idiotic Trump supporters I'd make jokes about Trump.

But you only got the idiots you got.

You got only the idiots you choose to notice. Don't look now, but there are plenty of "I'm not a trumpsucker"s around here.

Dude, chill out. I don't think its racist. I was making a joke out of the media's tendency to see just about every god damn mindless interaction between a white person and a black person as some sort of racism dog whistle. Note how TMZ specifically noted she was African American, implying that there's some racial undertones here. What other point would there be to publish such a mundane situation?

What a good thing to focus on when we have a traitor in the White House and an entire party supporting him. Could we instead focus on real issues like Barr's absence?

I run into that a lot... over sensitivity and people making things out of nothing, etc...

This is how I tackle that...

First, I act as if I don't understand... so, in this case, "why is offering chicken to a black lady bad?". I make the person explain.... Once they explain ("The stereotype is that back people like chicken"), I become outraged.... "I never heard of that.... why do you think only black people eat chicken... that's ridiculous".... Now they are on the defense... "That's what other people think.... I don;t think it"... respond with "I don't know anyone that thinks that.. I never eheard of that... who do you hang around and what places should I be avoiding if that kind of silliness is going around now-a-days"... "you don;t really believe that do you"? "I suppose you also think that Jewish people have horns"...

Make them squirm.

Back
Top Bottom