• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A 'Rogue Account' Is Tweeting Insider Information On Trump From The White House

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
Someone claiming to be Whitehouse insider is tweeting insider information.

http://www.theladbible.com/now/interesting-a-rogue-account-is-twitter-insider-info-on-trumps-presidency-20170131

I'm quite skeptical about this, especially considering the source. If they tweet out something that turns out to be true, I might be more convinced.

I'm not a twitter user and don't know much about it and don't plan to start now.

I will follow for you :lol:

Whether it is a true insider or not, it is devious. #45 will be going absolutely crazy trying to figure out who it is. :hysterical:

http://www.theladbible.com/now/interesting-a-rogue-account-is-twitter-insider-info-on-trumps-presidency-20170131

I'm quite skeptical about this, especially considering the source. If they tweet out something that turns out to be true, I might be more convinced.

I'm not a twitter user and don't know much about it and don't plan to start now.

They accurately predicted the supreme court nominee 5 hours before it was officially announced. While this may have been luck (a lot of analysts were thinking it was likely to go to Gorsuch), it wasn't a sure thing. Call me intrigued.

Saw it a few days ago. I'm very skeptical for now, simply because it's, by nature, impossible to verify whether or not it's actually the account of anyone in the White House.

(And that goes for all of the "rogue" accounts as well, actually. Seen enough fake accounts to be cautious.)

They accurately predicted the supreme court nominee 5 hours before it was officially announced. While this may have been luck (a lot of analysts were thinking it was likely to go to Gorsuch), it wasn't a sure thing. Call me intrigued.

Hi, Intrigued. ;) I had not heard that. That does seem to add some weight to idea it really is an insider.

Some of the content in the Tweets is very particular, and has information that is likely to be available to a small circle of people. If they Tweet this, and it is real, the Admin would learn pretty quick who the Tweeter was. But on the other hand, a decent amount of the information isn't too far out with what we'd expect from Trump, though a couple things do have red flags. This one makes me think it is fake.
tweet said:
POTUS asking around about people's Photoshop skills. Says inauguration photos need to be "touched up."
I don't believe Trump would be asking people to do this, someone else would.

http://www.theladbible.com/now/inte...er-insider-info-on-trumps-presidency-20170131

That was a 50/50 call.

What does it matter whether or not it's an actual insider? Trump will call it fake in any event and those who place weight upon it will do so regardless.

What does it matter whether or not it's an actual insider?
If it is fake, it should be ignored and discouraged. If it is true, it has valuable weight. It matters very much if it is authentic.

I will follow for you :lol:

Whether it is a true insider or not, it is devious. #45 will be going absolutely crazy trying to figure out who it is. :hysterical:

It's pretty easy to locate where a tweeter or anyone with a mobile phone or laptop is nowadays.

What does it matter whether or not it's an actual insider?
If it is fake, it should be ignored and discouraged. If it is true, it has valuable weight. It matters very much if it is authentic.

My cynical self says yes, it WOULD matter - if it made any difference. No amount of "proof" would suffice for those who wish to deny it, and no amount of disproof will dissuade those who want to accept it as what it purports to be.

Evidence, not proof. The claim of what Bannon said is one of those, "I never would have thought to say it" sort of things, and it is subtle enough to possibly be true. But then again, would Steve Bannon even know of such a custom to begin with? I'm surprised he knows of the Supreme Court at all.

He'll have the NSA figure out who it is, toot sweet.

Oh, like he believes the NSA... :rolleyes:
If it's an outsider and they tell him that and he doesn't believe it... what then? Start firing people at random until it stops? :D

Oh, like he believes the NSA... :rolleyes:
If it's an outsider and they tell him that and he doesn't believe it... what then? Start firing people at random until it stops? :D

White House Whack-A-Mole!

Wouldn't surprise me. Most petty despots are paranoid to the point where their staff has significant attrition, due to forced resignations, firings and disappearance. Trump admires Saddam Hussein... fires are burning in Berkeley - wonder if he'll call out the Guard now.

As this dreadful man begins to wreak havoc within government, I wonder what results we might expect.
If I understand correctly, the Second Amendment allows Americans to have the power to remove a rogue administration through making the possession of guns a right.
From where I'm standing, this seems somewhat optimistic.
I don't have an opinion on arms control, but I wonder if the case for bearing arms is weakened by the apparent futility of the original intention?
I know there are many reasons for owning a gun, and used to represent RAF Maintenance Command with my Browning 9mm, so I'm hardly anti-gun, but the constitutional reasoning behind owning one in America seems outdated.
So will Trump (or hatred of him) bring some alteration to one of America's problems?

Back
Top Bottom