• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A study of the single biggest motivation for the 1/6 rioters

SimpleDon

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Social Justice
An academic study of the participants by the University of Chicago in the 1/6 riot at the US Capital is turning up an interesting result.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dskVval50AE[/youtube]

A New Study Shows Us the Single Biggest Motivation for the Jan. 6 Rioters

A new study on the January 6 Capitol insurrection finds that of the nearly 400 rioters arrested or charged, 93% are white and 86% are male. Michel Martin speaks to the study’s principal investigator, Professor Robert Pape, to discuss these findings and some surprising revelations about the attackers and their motives.​

Unlike the portrait painted by the news, the rioters weren't young white supremacists like at Charlottesville, the "fine people on both sides," or the unemployed or underemployed rural single males. Most were 35 to 50 year old, suburban family men, employed including a lot of professionals. The single motivating force for them was what we see here with our white male grievance warriors (WMGW™), that the government is conspiring to replace them in the social order with blacks, browns, immigrants, and women.

And why do they believe this? It makes no sense, the economy isn't a zero-sum game, it expands as more people become successful. It absorbs immigrants. It adapts. This is the strength of capitalism.

Interesting. I would not have forseen the middle age employed man.

Yeah, the world is definitely not a zero sum game, especially where straight, white, politically neutral -to - right wing males are concerned.

If you are a white male, you better get your intensely left wing bona fides stocked up.

Any white guy for whom having a "fuck it, leave me alone" political attitude known is career suicide just has to fake it until he makes it.

"Fuck it, leave me alone" translates to "I want to enjoy the benefits of a society but not pay anything for them".

So only straight white males have to be left wing political activists to have job security?

Being ignorant is not left or right.

If you tell your boss that you want the day off because you want to protest the election because it was fraudulent they will fire you for being ignorant.

Why? to participate in that riot one would have to book a flight and a hotel. How many unemployed would think it would be a good idea?

Yeah, the world is definitely not a zero sum game, especially where straight, white, politically neutral -to - right wing males are concerned.

If you are a white male, you better get your intensely left wing bona fides stocked up.

Any white guy for whom having a "fuck it, leave me alone" political attitude known is career suicide just has to fake it until he makes it.

Yes, the oppression of straight white males is lamentable. So many have been reduced to painting their skin black or pretending to be queer in order to survive in modern America. What a shame.

One is reminded of our precious billionaires, another favorite target of AOC and the other Commies. These job creators have been ruined by Obama's taxes, and most of them are now standing in line at soup kitchens so they don't go hungry.

One of the most common misperceptions held by the general public is that since most white men are successful, they must also be smart. This is simply not a fact in reality.

Why? to participate in that riot one would have to book a flight and a hotel. How many unemployed would think it would be a good idea?

I was thinking a lot of them could just drive there in the morning, so it doesn’t require a plane ticket or a hotel.

Back
Top Bottom