• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

After Christian Burns LGBTQ Library Books, Atheist Raises $1,000 to Replace Them

I haven't checked for a while. Are atheists still the most hated and distrusted group identity in America? Have things changed? I may be showing my age here.

I think white men may be an identifiable group that is rapidly moving up in the groups that are hated.

It wrong to hate,
Agreed.
but obviously many people do hate.
Agreed.
Who do you think hates "white men" the most? Second and third most?
I wouldn't even try to group people. But the fact is that I hear more and more people blaming any "evil" they perceive on "white men". It is apparently a handy catch-all for them.

I wouldn't even try to group people. But the fact is that I hear more and more people blaming any "evil" they perceive on "white men". It is apparently a handy catch-all for them.

I don't doubt what you heard, but I suspect all such people are on the backside of the IQ Bell Curve. Same goes for any group that hates others.

And Dorr's cunning plan to raise $950 for the local library comes to fruition.

That guy's playing 3D chess while the stupid atheists are sitting the sandbox eating playdoh.

LOL Funny, although I'm not sure if that was his plan. It is sad that people broad brush entire groups for the actions of a single asshole. If everyone did this, then should all atheists/anarchists be broad brushed as terrorists and attempted murderers?

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/07/terrorist_plot_foiled_by_fbi_w_1.html
View attachment 18537

Oh boo fucking hoo.

Conservative Christians (which are the majority of Christians) are constantly telling us that we must judge entire populations by their worst, and that I'm a very bad person because I don't think it's right to judge entire populations by their worst. Therefore, by their own arguments, we should not only judge all Christians not by this guy, but by those African Evangelicals who burn children alive.

If you think it's wrong to judge entire populations by their worst, then you are a a bad person and you should feel bad for existing.

And Dorr's cunning plan to raise $950 for the local library comes to fruition.

That guy's playing 3D chess while the stupid atheists are sitting the sandbox eating playdoh.

LOL Funny, although I'm not sure if that was his plan. It is sad that people broad brush entire groups for the actions of a single asshole. If everyone did this, then should all atheists/anarchists be broad brushed as terrorists and attempted murderers?

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/07/terrorist_plot_foiled_by_fbi_w_1.html
View attachment 18537

Oh boo fucking hoo.

Conservative Christians (which are the majority of Christians) are constantly telling us that we must judge entire populations by their worst, and that I'm a very bad person because I don't think it's right to judge entire populations by their worst. Therefore, by their own arguments, we should not only judge all Christians not by this guy, but by those African Evangelicals who burn children alive.

If you think it's wrong to judge entire populations by their worst, then you are a a bad person and you should feel bad for existing.

Sorry dude, but if you are judging all Christians by the handful of RWNJ racist Lip-service Christians you see on forums, I respectfully suggest you get out of your house and into the real world more often.

Yes, I do think it's bad to judge an entire population by their worst, be they atheist or theist.
reed: ""

Yes, I do think it's bad to judge an entire population by their worst, be they atheist or theist.
reed: ""

Judging by a few of your posts that I've read, you and I probably don't agree on much, but I totally agree with that sentiment.

I have Christian friends and I live in a town where the majority of the charity provided is done by Christians. My black Christian friends are remarkable people in that, despite many of them growing up in the Jim Crow era, they are among the most loving, tolerant people I've ever known in my life. I realize the importance of their church community. I'm amazed at their positive outlook when it comes to how they perceive their lives. If their Christian beliefs help them cope, why in the world would I judge them negatively?

I hate it when some Christians judge atheists simply because we don't believe in their god, and I also hate it when some of my atheist friends judge all Christians in a similar way. We all need to become more tolerant and enlightened when it comes to how we perceive others. I would prefer to judge an individual's character, but since I'm not a fan of the concept of freewill, I try not to judge others. We are all products of our genetics and environmental influences is how I see it. No. I'm not going to argue about that. It simply makes the most sense to me based on my life experiences, my limited knowledge of how the brain works and my reading on other subjects that involve humans.

So, I won't judge you either Max. I imagine that you've been influenced by different things than I have.

I haven't checked for a while. Are atheists still the most hated and distrusted group identity in America? Have things changed? I may be showing my age here.

I think white men may be an identifiable group that is rapidly moving up in the groups that are hated.

It wrong to hate, but obviously many people do hate. Who do you think hates "white men" the most? Second and third most?

Their victims?

Back
Top Bottom