• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alex Jones did WHAaaAAAaattT????

300 GB is just the personal data, not including the operating system.

I still haven't used that much total on my Windows 10 machine, including the OS.
I've got way more than 300 GB just in downloaded videos. Any back episodes of Twilight Zone or The Wire you need?

Well, that answers the question of whether it was consentual.
It appears that the Jones's are a "really fun couple".
Tom
I didn't know that Roger Stone's balls weighed five pounds each. Welcome to Conservative cucksville.

TyT interviewed the attorney in this case

I clicked and watched. Kudos to TYT. And kudos to the lawyer for giving TYT the first exclusive interview. I watch very little of the Lame Stream Media; I suppose they're too busy talking about the latest change to the price of gas or an incident in the Kardashian family to report real news.

Apparently Infowars was presenting pictures of the trial's judge on fire while the trial was in progress! :eek: :eeka:

The TYT video has been up for 2 days and only has 105,000 views. How many minutes does it take the latest K-Pop video to get to a million views?

I don't think the medical files were on Infowars employees but on some of the kids that were killed.
Either way it makes me a little sad the full contents can never be released publicly.
I'd like to know how he got ahold of PMI.
Discovery--for establishing the future earnings. It doesn't surprise me that they had such records.
That is how the Plaintiffs lawyers (accidently) got that information (and allegedly immediately destroyed it)... The question is HOW DID JONES GET THAT HIPAA PROTECTED MATERIAL. The only LEGAL way to have gotten it is to have a HIPAA release form (like the kind you sign at a doctors office on your first visit to allow them to leave voice messages for you and contact your emergency contact if need be), that was signed by a legal guardian. The question is, "Did the parents of the murdered children sign a HIPAA release for Alex Jones to receive those records? I think no fucking way.

The question is, "Did the parents of the murdered children sign a HIPAA release for Alex Jones to receive those records? I think no fucking way.

I asked that question upthread.
The answer was plausible. They got it from discovery, people delivering the info voluntarily to establish the value of the lives lost.

I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it was a plausible explanation.
Tom

On Monday, Judge Julie Manning made it clear that Alex Jones can try all of the legal shenanigans that he wants, but the families suing Jones will have their day in court. Manning ruled that “The plaintiffs’ rights to have that process continue in the Connecticut Superior Court should not be disturbed,” and therefore could continue forward with their lawsuit of Jones separated from Jones’ company Free Speech Systems, which had also been named in the defamation lawsuit.

Earlier this month, the embattled host of Infowars and his lawyers were able to stall jury selection in one of his Sandy Hook Elementary school defamation cases. They did this in a motion to have the case transferred from Connecticut state court to federal bankruptcy court. This came one week after Jones’ Free Speech Systems filed for bankruptcy.

Attorney for the plaintiffs in the case Chris Mattei told the Associated Press: “We’re grateful the bankruptcy court saw through Alex Jones’s brazen effort to block a jury from being empaneled and holding him accountable. We look forward to trial.”

Tucker Carlson is “shitting himself” over the possibility that texts between him and far-right conspiracy loon Alex Jones will leak, a source close to the Fox News star told Confider.

Carlson and the raving Infowars ranter trade text messages on a daily basis, according to two people familiar with their relationship. If made public, these sources said, the text messages would be “highly embarrassing” for Carlson.

Just saw this and the first question that came to mind was, how does shit shit itself?

Tucker Carlson is “shitting himself” over the possibility that texts between him and far-right conspiracy loon Alex Jones will leak, a source close to the Fox News star told Confider.

Carlson and the raving Infowars ranter trade text messages on a daily basis, according to two people familiar with their relationship. If made public, these sources said, the text messages would be “highly embarrassing” for Carlson.

Just saw this and the first question that came to mind was, how does shit shit itself?
That's so zen...

David Pakman interviews Parents Against Jones Lawyer.

BTW, he's got a very cool Pink Floyd poster behind him.

One of the lawyers for Infowars host Alex Jones has himself lawyered up, and his counsel on Friday notified a Connecticut Superior Court judge that he fears a potential criminal prosecution in connection with an attorney ethics probe.

Wesley R. Mead, an attorney who represents Norm Pattis, said that Pattis would steadfastly assert his Fifth Amendment rights in a discipline proceeding surrounding the private medical records of one or several Sandy Hook plaintiffs. The reason for the continued assertion of those constitutional rights, Mead said, was because Pattis fears that answering questions in a discipline probe might expose him to criminal liability under analogous other state statutes.
It is not uncommon for the medical and psychiatric records of plaintiffs in tort lawsuits to become issues in litigation. Plaintiffs who allege that they have been harmed to a degree that warrants compensation via a court proceeding must prove the degree of the harm suffered. However, those records are oftentimes subject to confidentiality laws, and here, the judge who launched the ethics probe suspects the material may have been improperly stored, transferred, or released.

So Jones has defaulted in another defamation case. This time in Connecticut, because ignoring his discovery obligations worked sooo well in the Texas case.

That's so zen...
Reminds me of something a comic said that cracked me up... smells like a puke took a shit.

New YorkCNN Business —
Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones tangled Thursday in an explosive courtroom exchange with an attorney for families of Sandy Hook victims who have sued him in Connecticut, prompting an admonishment from the judge and warning that they could be held in contempt if they violate court rules moving forward.

The warning from a frustrated Judge Barbara Bellis came during the trial that will determine how much Jones must pay the families of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims for his lies about the massacre.

Christopher Mattei, an attorney for the families, questioned the far-right media personality about his false claim that the 2012 shooting in which 26 people were killed was a “hoax,” prompting Jones to grow angry and attack him.

Jones accused Mattei of being disingenuous and said he was guilty of “ambulance chasing” before descending into a rant in court about “liberals.”

Bellis, who had previously warned Jones that some of his outbursts were a violation of court rules, reminded the Infowars founder that he was in a “court of law” and is required to follow her instructions.

“This is clearly not your show and you have to respect the process,” Bellis told Jones. “Whether you like it or not you have to respect the rules.”

Bellis also instructed counsel for both parties to behave orderly.

Bellis warned that anyone who violates court rules moving forward will be subject to a contempt hearing, which she stressed she would like to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom