• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Who is she?

Marjorie Taylor Greene: QAnon Supporter Who Made Bigoted Videos Wins Ga. Primary : NPR
A Georgia Republican who has said that Muslims do not belong in government and expressed her belief in the baseless conspiracy theory called QAnon has won her primary runoff and is all but certain to win a seat in the House of Representatives in November.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, a construction executive, won 57% of the vote in Georgia's heavily-Republican 14th Congressional District, handily defeating neurosurgeon John Cowan, who had pitched himself as, "All of the conservative, none of the embarrassment."
Guess who likes her.
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Congratulations to future Republican Star Marjorie Taylor Greene on a big Congressional primary win in Georgia against a very tough and smart opponent. Marjorie is strong on everything and never gives up - a real WINNER!" / Twitter

We have a thread on her:
Crazy ass white woman wins Georgia Runoff

Like so many other right-wingers and Republicans, she made a big mistake in tangling with AOC.

I was comparing the conservatives who ran in the Democratic primaries for NYC's Congressional seats this year, and I came to the conclusion that Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, one of AOC's challengers for NY-14, is much like Ayn Rand: a hard-line pro-capitalist ideologue who is at least somewhat liberal on social issues.

CNBC's Caruso-Cabrera: Eliminate Departments Of Labor, Commerce, Education And Privatize Social Security | Crooks and Liars - back in 2010
CNBC anchor Michelle Caruso-Cabrera visited the set of Morning Joe to push her new book You Know I'm Right and apparently we've got another Ayn Rand fan working for CNBC. After saying that the auto companies should have been allowed to fail, presumably to get rid of those pesky over paid union workers, Mike Barnicle asks her if she thinks we're going to have to raise taxes to pay our deficit.
She says that we should cut spending rather than raise taxes. Lesley Stahl asked where.
Easy stuff; you get rid of the Department of Labor, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Education. You can get rid of all of those. They're not necessary. You don't need that stuff done at the federal level.

But the real issue, let's talk about it – Social Security and Medicare, right? We have over promised so much that someday if we don't do something, we're going to be Greece. We're on the path to that. So what you do right now is you tell young people instead of saving that Social Security and giving it to the government, you're going to have a personal account, and that's going to be your retirement. And in the mean time, as you get closer to retirement, you're going to have to live on that money instead, because...
LS asked what happens if the markets crash again.
Well, this is the choice, okay? So you're saying the choice is I can have the government pay me in the future guaranteed, or I can have this uncertainty of the market. I see it differently. I see the uncertainty of the markets or the uncertainty of some future Congress, some future bunch of people who are... can at any day decide you've got to retire later. You've got to put up more money.
The article concludes "Cabrera would fit right in at the Tea Party rallies."

Glad that AOC defeated her by a large margin.

Checking on New York's 14th Congressional District election, 2020 - Ballotpedia

those in the race are AOC (Democratic), John Cummings (Republican, Conservative), MCC (Serve America Movement), and Antoine Tucker (Republican write-in)

Miguel Hernandez has dropped out.

Serve America Movement had not only MCC but also AOC as primary candidates. Neither of them made the ballot and the party chose MCC.

Antoine Tucker is seemingly sympathetic to the Q-Anon conspiracy theory, if not a believer in it. He has called himself a "Q supporter".
According to the TPM article, published last spring,
In the video, Tucker claims to provide “proof that it’s never been about Donald Trump,” saying that the President has “never been a racist” and “never been wrong for the country” by accusing Democrats of blocking a coronavirus relief bill.

“This stimulus package would have helped every last one of us,” Tucker said. “But the Democrats don’t give a fuck.”

Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day:
His “politics” amount to promoting the Anon conspiray theory and swearing about Democrats and the media. But bizarrely campaigning on the same issues that party supports.
Also, his campaign contributions end up in some mysterious company called "Jeld Productions", a company that only seems to have a street address in an apartment complex.

Fox's Mark Levin says Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would have been a "terrific executioner in Stalin's regime" | Media Matters for America
MARK LEVIN (HOST): So you remove a President and an Attorney General with whom you disagree by just saying you believe they've committed crimes. She would have made a terrific executioner in Stalin's regime -- don't you think, Mr. Producer? Would have been great. First she'd pour them some drinks, and then off with their heads.

Or she would have been great during the French Revolution, running one of those guillotines that work day and night and day and night against those with whom she would disagree. Perfect.
How totally absurd. She seems like a very kind sort of person.

Media coverage of high-profile progressive incumbents’ primary races has often favored drama over accuracy | Media Matters for America - like calling them races for "survival" even after some of them won blowout victories: AOC 56.4%, Rashida Tlaib 32.6%, Ilhan Omar 19.7%. AOC's one is especially significant, since her biggest opponent, MCC, was very well-funded.

Kyle Griffin on Twitter: ".@AOC has repurposed $1 million from her campaign operation to spread the word about the census, using digital ads, flyers and phone banks to encourage people in her district, half of whom are immigrants, to participate. https://t.co/wNkkrlPg8q" / Twitter - "With a little more than a week left before the deadline to complete the census, so-called counters have been knocking on doors across the country in order to boost the number of people included. In New York City, their work has been supplemented by a million-dollar effort from Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez."

Inside the New York Republican campaign trying its hardest to oust AOC | The Independent - ‘We have got to get rid of her lies. We’ve got to get rid of AOC and the rest of the swamp’
On an assuming street corner in the east Bronx, people slowly started crowding around a storefront turned political HQ, The Bronx Republican Party Headquarters. Over the sounds of old rock songs blasting through speakers, people talked like old friends — rarely using masks — and signed up for phone-banking and door-knocking at foldable card tables which had been set up right outside the doors of the building. Volunteers handed out “Cummings for Congress” window and yard signs and neon yellow shirts that read “Defund AOC” to an excited group of people with Trump 2020 memorabilia. This was the volunteer kick-off for the John Cummings campaign.
I've seen John Cummings's campaign page, and he does not mention in it that he is a Republican, as far as I can tell. I'm sure that he knows that NY-14 has lots of yellow-dog Democrats, and I think that he wants to get ahead by hiding his Republicanness.

In late summer 2018, a few months after her first primary victory, she tweeted about Israeli troops attacking and killing some Palestinian demostrators that it was a massacre. She was asked about that not long afterward by a PBS Firing Line interviewer, and she fumbled for a response and she conceded that she is not very expert on Middle Eastern politics.

AOC withdraws from Yitzhak Rabin commemoration after criticism | US & Canada | Al Jazeera
Rabin, who served as Israel’s prime minister from 1974-1977 and from 1992 until his assassination in 1995, is upheld by liberal Israelis as a peacemaker and remembered for signing the Oslo Accords between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).

On November 4, 1995, he was shot at a peace rally by Yigal Amir, who was motivated by his opposition to the negotiations.

However, Palestinians remember Rabin for harshly cracking down on the First Intifada uprising that began in the late 1980s against the Israeli occupation.

Serving as defence minister at the time, Rabin is believed to have instructed Israeli soldiers to “break the bones” of Palestinian demonstrators involved in the uprising. He was known to Palestinians as the “bone crusher“.
Alex Kane on Twitter: "So @AOC is doing a memorial event for Yitzhak Rabin. In the US Rabin is viewed as a liberal peacemaker but Palestinians remember him for his brutal rule suppressing Palestinian protest during the First Intifada, as someone who reportedly ordered the breaking of Palestinian bones" / Twitter

Alex Kane on Twitter: "As for his peacemaking—Oslo was an achievement for the Palestinian and Israeli authorities who negotiated it, but in practice gave Israel cover to build more settlements" / Twitter

Alex Kane on Twitter: "What @YousefMunayyer wrote: “In 1948, the Israeli brigade commander Yitzhak Rabin helped expel Lydda’s Palestinian population. Some 19,000 of the town’s 20,000 native Palestinian inhabitants were forced out. My grandparents were among the 1,000 to remain.” https://t.co/PbhmajxLr2" / Twitter
noting
Opinion | Not All Israeli Citizens Are Equal - The New York Times

Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black started out wearing white robes and scaring black people and moved to wearing black robes and scaring white people. Doesn't seem like Yitzhak Rabin had quite done that. But I find it significant that he was assassinated as a traitor to his side. As Anwar Sadat was.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "@alexbkane Hey there - this event and my involvement was presented to my team differently from how it’s now being promoted.

Thanks for pointing it out. Taking a look into this now." / Twitter

Alex Kane on Twitter: "Some news on what @AOC meant in her tweet: Source told me that @PeaceNowUS framed event as focusing on Oslo and Rabin, and APN wanted her to speak on her Congressional work on the issue. It wasn't framed to her as a Rabin memorial. That's why she canceled. https://t.co/a8jEvDjuUb" / Twitter

Justice Democrats on Instagram: “#GrowTheSquad” - with some pictures of AOC, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Jamaal Bowman near the Capitol building. All four must be confident of general-election victory this upcoming November, even though only AP is running unopposed. AP was wearing pants, something that I don't often see her do.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - YouTube - has her videos on various sorts of activism.

I'd already discussed
Housing is a Human Right: Eviction Defense Workshop w/ Jamaal Bowman and Housing Justice For All - YouTube
Back to School: How to Organize a Childcare Collective with Jabari Brisport - YouTube

#AbolishICE: Know Your Rights & Resisting ICE - YouTube
Know your rights when it comes to ICE. Learn how to share this information with your community, even if you’re a citizen. Learn how to organize networks of solidarity to resist ICE. Learn how to protect yourself and your neighbors. This workshop is for everyone, both documented and undocumented.
Also in Spanish and Bengali. By Jessica Gonzalez-Rojas, NY State Assembly candidate for a district in the Queens part of NY-14. AOC couldn't show up for it. JGR's father is from Paraguay, South America, and her mother is Puerto Rican.

Genia Blaser of the Immigrant Defense Project claims that ICE agents will often lie about their identity to get access to people's homes to look for suspects. She listed various ruses that they use, like showing up early in the morning, driving unmarked cars, and posing as local cops. Also where they show up - lots of places. Also, know your rights, like ask if one is under arrest, and be silent unless one has a lawyer present. Don't lie or show anything fake.

Luba Cortes of Make the Road NY then described what emergency planning to do, like getting one's personal documents and seeing a lawyer. Also mentioned Resist ICE at AOC's Site with documents one can download about one's rights and being prepared. Warns against spreading false reports of ICE raids, like misunderstanding local police raids.

Instagram photo by David Blaine • Sep 30, 2020 at 11:29 PM quoting AOC in the image:
"I don't think people who are taking money from pharmaceutical companies should be drafting health care legislation. don't think people who are taking money from oil and gas companies should be drafting climate legislation.'

-Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Some of AOC's friends:

Rashida Tlaib on Instagram: “Walking up the Capitol steps and who do I see? My newest colleague, the amazing Cori Bush.

Our country will be better because of the work she will do in the halls of Congress.

I can't wait to call you Congresswoman @coribush.”

-

Ayanna Pressley on Instagram: “2 years ago today. Fighting for a country where the highest court sees our humanity.

I remember this day & moment vividly. Survivors and supporters stood in solidarity.

I invited @AOC to join us at this Stop Kavanaugh Rally on Boston's City Hall Plaza, she immediately & enthusiastically said yes. We were only weeks from our Primary wins, not knowing what the future would hold for our country, only sure that we would do our part to build a world that was more just.

On this day, the air was thick with our collective trauma, pain, resilience & determination. Today, we find ourselves in a moment that feels deeply similar. Old fights but a new day. Still determined to keep organizing, fighting, speaking out. We the people are powerful. Still.

As Audre Lorde reminds us, "Your silence will not protect you." So we raise our voices, together.

Whose courts? OUR courts.”

-

Ilhan Omar on Instagram: “The occupant of the White House has mocked his wife for wanting to go to Africa and characterized African countries as “shitholes.”

He has never hidden his hatred toward not only me but people like me. He has always shown who he is: a racist, who is now destroying our country.”

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Instagram: “What’s it like to be protested?

I was walking up to the Capitol to vote when I encountered these protestors from @realnatladapt. So I decided to walk up and see what was up - and engaged on #disabilityjustice along the way ♿️”

The had the slogan "Homes not Institutions!" They wanted to lead approximately normal lives, including having their own children.

Some of them claimed that nursing homes would get payments for each COVID-19 patient death, and AOC said that she would check that out. She knew that some nursing homes get payments per patient, but per death is another story.

Something like her response to the modest-proposal troll of last year.

She was impressed at their willingness to be out in the rain at night during a pandemic, when they could be immunocompromised.

Her mask had on it "Maskin' for Raskin", presumably Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-MD-08, fellow Oversight Committee member.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Instagram: “What’s it like to be protested?

I was walking up to the Capitol to vote when I encountered these protestors from @realnatladapt. So I decided to walk up and see what was up - and engaged on #disabilityjustice along the way ♿️”

The had the slogan "Homes not Institutions!" They wanted to lead approximately normal lives, including having their own children.

Some of them claimed that nursing homes would get payments for each COVID-19 patient death, and AOC said that she would check that out. She knew that some nursing homes get payments per patient, but per death is another story.

Something like her response to the modest-proposal troll of last year.

She was impressed at their willingness to be out in the rain at night during a pandemic, when they could be immunocompromised.

Her mask had on it "Maskin' for Raskin", presumably Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-MD-08, fellow Oversight Committee member.

Another very positive trait about AOC is that she has courage. Not many politicians would engage a group opposed to them and just listen to their concerns with respect.

Generation Green New Deal on Twitter: "Episode 1 of our brand new podcast is LIVE! Listen to the backstory of the sit-in at Nancy Pelosi's office, why @aoc ended up there, and how it catapulted the #GreenNewDeal into mainstream politics.

SUBSCRIBE and listen here: (links)" / Twitter

linking to
Generation Green New Deal Podcast
Has some video of that event: someone talking about a crazy idea: have a sit-in in the office of the most powerful Democrat in the nation nearly a week after the Democrats got a majority in the House in 2018. Also the demonstrators gathering in a church the night before. Varshini Prakash and AOC spoke to them, AOC standing on a table and calling the effort "a fight for our fucking lives."

Justice Democrats on Twitter: "Catch @alexandrasiera on @GenerationGND podcast this week sharing how she felt heading into @AOC’s primary election day in 2018. (links)" / Twitter

A year before that sit-in, AOC was almost unknown, running for office and bartending. Brand New Congress's founders got the idea of recruiting a candidate for every Congressional seat. "A Presidential candidate with 400 heads" was how BNC would run the campaign. BNC put online a recruiting form, wanting "extraordinary ordinary people".

AOC's brother nominated her. "I'm actually killing time in the rain. I nominate my sister. I think I probably made my sister sound like, like she could probably part the sea. You better call her. Give her five minutes."

Alexandra Rojas: "It stood out that he was, like, 'Just one conversation, I promise you.'"

Then after her trip to Standing Rock, someone from BNC called her about BNC's nomination, and she accepted.

Generation Green New Deal on Twitter: "In Episode 3 of our Pod, listen to @alexandrasiera (Founder & ED, @justicedems) tell us how she felt heading into @AOC's 2018 primary!

And today is #InternationalPodcastDay! We hope you'll come party with #GenGND.

LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE: (links)" / Twitter

On the days before the election. AOC's campaign commissioned a poll a week before the election and discovered that she was about 20% behind her rival Joe Crowley. Alexandra Rojas was despondent. But then she noticed that people were coming from far outside of NY-14 to help AOC's campaign, some from other nations, like Japan. That gave her some confidence.

Nate Birnbaum on Twitter: ""Things arent perfect of course btwn mutating viruses & our warming🌎 theres always new storms headed our way. But when they come were ready w/ our networks of nurses & neighbors, our small farms&big forests, our systems of care&repair, no one is sacrificed everyone is essential"" / Twitter
noting
Naomi Klein on Twitter: "We made a film about the future we deserve, forged in the fires in the streets, the forests, and the pandemic: A Message From the Future II: The Years of Repair, with @GaelGarciaB, @opalayo, @NnimmoB. Artwork: @mollycrabapple. #MessageFromTheFutureII https://t.co/Koe25xAQlA" / Twitter

A Message From the Future II: The Years of Repair - "Can we imagine a better future? If we stop talking about what winning actually looks like, isn’t that the same as giving up?"

A sequel to the video that AOC, Naomi Klein, and Molly Crabapple had made: A Message From the Future With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - "What if we actually pulled off a Green New Deal? What would the future look like? The Intercept presents a film narrated by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez."

The 2nd one was produced with the help of The Leap | Caring for the Earth and One Another - it has four narrators, and it doesn't feature any politicians as heroes, only the activists that do all that repairing.

Listening to Generation Green New Deal podcast #3, about AOC, it's interesting how AOC's recruiter got started.

In early 2016, it became evident that Bernie Sanders wasn't going to win, and some of his campaigners noticed how much trouble Congress was causing for President Obama. So they got the idea of supporting the election of like-minded people to Congress, and they founded Brand New Congress. How to recruit candidates? BNC created a site with a form where people could submit nominations. One of them was AOC. The BNC people found her an excellent candidate.

Early in 2017, some BNC people split off as Justice Democrats, and JD tried a similar thing, but inside the Democratic Party.

Neither was successful in having a candidate for every Congressional race. BNC ran 30 candidates, including 1 Republican and 1 Independent, and 28 Reps and 2 Senators. JD ran 78 candidates, including 68 Reps, 4 Senators, 5 Governors, and 1 Lt. Governor. Among the Reps were 3 incumbents.

Neither BNC nor JD won very big, and that started becoming evident in their primary losses early in 2018. So JD's leaders made a very controversial choice. Instead of having nothing but losses in its efforts to unseat Democratic incumbents, JD would focus its resources on one candidate who seemed like a very good one, and that was AOC. That provoked a lot of hard feelings, but JD had overextended itself, and it was necessary to cut back.

So they did a big push for AOC. It succeeded.

AOC was BNC's only general-election success, though JD was more successful, with 7 general wins. These were the 3 incumbents and the 4 "Squad" members: AOC, Ayanna Pressley, who also unseated an incumbent, and Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar, who won open-seat primaries.

-

This year, BNC ran 46 candidates, all Democrats this time, 6 Senators and 40 Reps. Of these, 4 withdrew and 32 lost in the primaries, leaving 10 wins. These were 1 Senator and 9 Reps, the latter including 2 incumbents, one of them AOC herself.

Also this year, JD scaled back to 17 candidates, 1 President (Bernie Sanders), 1 Senator, and 15 Reps. Of these, 12 of the latter won in the primaries, including 7 incumbents, the earlier three and "The Squad".

Francis Chung on Instagram: “Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) arriving at the U.S. Capitol for a House vote today.” - AOC wearing a light cyan pantsuit and white sneakers. A bit unusual because she likes to wear high heels whenever she wants to look presentable.

Referring to Ayanna Pressley,
Cori Bush on Instagram: “This endorsement is special for me. AP, thank you for being a fearless leader, a mentor, a siSTAR, and a friend.

I cannot wait to work alongside you in January.”

Cori Bush on Instagram: “Squad up.” - with AOC and Rashida Tlaib.

Seems like CB and AOC are letting bygones be bygones about AOC not endorsing her this time around.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Today in my IG story:

How the Black Panthers’ People’s Free Food Program led to Free & Reduced School meal policies nationwide (and inspired #TeamAOC’s COVID food relief operation in 2020) 🥗 https://t.co/tfjNq3kiZ8" / Twitter

How the Black Panthers’ Breakfast Program Both Inspired and Threatened the Government - HISTORY
Like breakfasts of chocolate milk, eggs, meat, cereal and fresh oranges.

“The children, many of whom had never eaten breakfast before the Panthers started their program,” the Sun Reporterwrote, “think the Panthers are ‘groovy’ and ‘very nice’ for doing this for them.”

The program may have been groovy, but its purpose was to fuel revolution by encouraging black people’s survival. From 1969 through the early 1970s, the Black Panthers’ Free Breakfast for School Children Program fed tens of thousands of hungry kids. It was just one facet of a wealth of social programs created by the party—and it helped contribute to the existence of federal free breakfast programs today.
The Black Panthers started out as opponents of police brutality, and they became armed vigilantes with the help of open-carry laws. But they expanded their activities into other forms of assistance.
Free Breakfast For School Children was one of the most effective. It began in January 1969 at an Episcopal church in Oakland, and within weeks it went from feeding a handful of kids to hundreds. The program was simple: party members and volunteers went to local grocery stores to solicit donations, consulted with nutritionists on healthful breakfast options for children, and prepared and served the food free of charge.

School officials immediately reported results in kids who had free breakfast before school. “The school principal came down and told us how different the children were,” Ruth Beckford, a parishioner who helped with the program, said later. “They weren’t falling asleep in class, they weren’t crying with stomach cramps.”

Soon, the program had been embraced by party outposts nationwide. At its peak, the Black Panther Party fed thousands of children per day in at least 45 programs. (Food wasn’t the only part of the BPP’s social programs; they expanded to cover everything from free medical clinics to community ambulance services and legal clinics.)
It did a lot for the Black Panthers' image, but it got under the skin of a powerful enemy, FBI head J. Edgar Hoover. He declared war on it, calling it “potentially the greatest threat to efforts by authorities to neutralize the BPP and destroy what it stands for.”
... FBI agents went door-to-door in cities like Richmond, Virginia, telling parents that BPP members would teach their children racism. In San Francisco, writes historian Franziska Meister, parents were told the food was infected with venereal disease; sites in Oakland and Baltimore were raided by officers who harassed BPP members in front of terrified children, and participating children were photographed by Chicago police.

“The night before [the first breakfast program in Chicago] was supposed to open,” a female Panther told historian Nik Heynan, “the Chicago police broke into the church and mashed up all the food and urinated on it.”
Though these efforts to destroy the Black Panthers and their child-feeding efforts were ultimately successful, J. Edgar Hoover's victory had a certain Pyrrhic quality.
Though the USDA had piloted free breakfast efforts since the mid 1960s, the program only took off in the early 1970s—right around the time the Black Panthers’ programs were dismantled. In 1975, the School Breakfast Program was permanently authorized. Today, it helps feed over 14.57 million children before school—and without the radical actions of the Black Panthers, it may never have happened.

AOC Is Not Your Friend

Started off with Nina Turner, Tulsi Gabbard, and Briahna Joy Gray and how their careers suffered after they bucked the Democratic Party establishment and supported Bernie Sanders.
There was another group of people who's political stardom was largely contingent on their connection to Sanders's movement. These people were nowhere to be found in 2016. These people made none of the sacrifices the women above were bold enough to make when the country needed them the most. But, they reaped all of the political and financial benefits that subsequently followed for "Berniecrats" who were willing to ride the coattails of who eventually became the most popular politician in the country. And although I could rattle off a list of names that fit this description, no one fits this description more than the "progressive firebrand" Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY14).
Author Niko House asks "Who Is AOC Loyal To?"

AOC fights back against Republicans and against Nancy Pelosi, but NH claims that AOC never defended NT, TG, or BJG. After claiming that AOC once "left her friend Ilhan Omar hanging", NH continued with "We can even look at AOC's bizarre stint with the Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign for more examples of what can only be characterized as self-serving and selective loyalty." Like supporting Elizabeth Warren almost as much as she supported Bernie Sanders. "Warren wasn't a threat to beat Sanders. But, AOC legitimized Warren's formerly delegitimized "progressive bona-fides" and ensured that Warren was indeed a threat to make sure Sanders lost." NH also grumbled about AOC calling NP "Mama Bear".

About the first Democratic Party debate, NH grumbled that AOC didn't say a good word about the "only" progressive candidate, Tulsi Gabbard. But I doubt that AOC was very impressed by TG this time around -- TG ran on being opposed to military adventures, and just about nothing else.

NH concludes that "AOC wants the Democratic presidential nomination in 2024. Not only does she want the nomination, but she clearly wants to be the first female president, and the youngest and Tulsi Gabbard was the ONE significant obstacle standing the way of achieving that goal." He also discussed her moves on fossil fuels and COVID-19 aid, and he concludes "AOC is loyal to somebody, but it isn't progressives. I'm not quite sure she's loyal to the Democratic establishment either. She clearly isn't loyal to her allies. AOC only seems to fight unapologetically for one person, and that's AOC." Also how regressive Sen. Ed Markey supposedly is, and he continues "I ask you this: If AOC isn't held accountable by the establishment while being completely and totally protected by the progressive movement (the enemies of the establishment) despite a clear display of pathologically selfish and self-serving behavior, what's to stop her from becoming the next Barack Obama?"

Back
Top Bottom