• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alien in the Dark?

connick

Basic Beliefs
Empirical Atheist
There's a guy at work who has a penchant for woo. Water memory is one of his latest interests but, that's a different topic. Anyway, today he asked me to look at a picture. Some relative of his was camping and they took this picture:

alienblur.jpg

I only altered the image to pixelate the person's face and to add a red arrow where there appears to be an alien creature. I must admit, it does fit your typical tiny green guy description. Of course, there is no reason to think that it is in fact an extraterrestrial being so I have been trying to identify it.

This is the same picture again but I messed with the color levels to bring out the supposed alien:

alienblurlevels.jpg

If you look closely you will see that the "eyes" aren't closed on the outside edges and one or more wispy bits coming from the top of its "head". I suspect that what was actually captured is a flowering plant. I hypothesize that the top of the "head" is comprised of petals and that the bottom of the "head" is either sepals or leaves on the plant's stem. The dark gap between them creates the "eyes" and the rest of the "body" I suspect to be grassy brush mixed with lousy resolution and jpg compression (note, I'm not sure if there is a better original image with better resolution).

I'm thinking it's something from the genus Centaurea, possibly Centaurea jacea.

7560775356_064bfeec0c_n.jpg

Anybody else care to speculate on the nature of this "alien"?

There are species of thistle around here that are considered alien... if it makes your friend feel any better. :thinking:

I hope you never see any artichoke, because thistle get you into asphyxiation.

Surprising how the aliens generally confuse the Earth with a nudist camp. That's probably why they quickly go away, realizing they have come without proper attire--any attire.

Back
Top Bottom