• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

All Things Uranus

GBrOgHj.jpg

What's worse than lobsters on Mars?

Crabs on Uranus!

A radio DJ I listen to said his son told that joke to his class in kindergarten. Kids these days...

Social science has determined that the 8th planet in our local group has an unwarranted and highly exaggerated sense of self worth. Its snobbishness with regard to its peers has earned it the nickname "Stuck up Uranus."

Uranus, Missouri is the source of the photos in post 22 & 29. Somehow, I think Mississippi deserves Uranus as a town name. Regardless, Uranus is a tourist attraction on Route 66. Population 25, which makes it way smaller than Intercourse, Pennsylvania, which is actually a small town (with a bunch of touristy stuff.)
Uranus now has a promotional newspaper called the Uranus Examiner. Hmm, I'd-a called it The Discharge. The mayor of the nearby town of Waynesville was quoted as saying that the paper's name will only invite 'public ridicule'. Gee, what's the Missouri equivalent of No shit, Sherlock?

Evidently, there's a new paper in Uranus, Missouri: The Uranus Examiner.

The mayor is complaining that the name will make the city the butt of a lot of humor. I suspect he's talking out his ass to increase attention to and tourism in his town.

Back
Top Bottom