• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Allah told ISIS to smash relics

If a caliphate like this got their way, what would such a world look like? Not a world I would like to live in, I think. Bacon would have to show up and remind everyone how to dance.

Not to derail the thread (he says as he derails the thread), but Kevin Bacon never actually reminded anyone how to dance. They were all dancing in the streets quite regularly before he got there. He tried to convince the elders of the town to not get all bent out of shape over the dancing but he failed and then just rented a hall in the next town over where dancing had been permitted all along.

He's not actually the legendary hero that everyone makes him out to be. He really did nothing.

Bacon? That reminds me of the New York Times article about religious police in Muslim countries seizing and destroying Miss Piggy toys because pigs are not halal.

You know you have traveled through the looking glass when you are in a land where Miss Piggy is seen as the very embodiment of evil.

burqa-piggy1.jpg

Obvious, but if Allah didn't want statues, he would smash them himself?
This argument is so old that a variant of it and its - fallacious - response shows up in the Quran: God could make the unbelievers simply disappear but he insists believers do away with them because he wants to test their faith. Probably the same applies for statues.
Where in the quran is this?

Bacon? That reminds me of the New York Times article about religious police in Muslim countries seizing and destroying Miss Piggy toys because pigs are not halal.

You know you have traveled through the looking glass when you are in a land where Miss Piggy is seen as the very embodiment of evil.

View attachment 2464

Conservochristians rail against the "evil" of characters from children's TV shows all the time.

Conservochristians rail against the "evil" of characters from children's TV shows all the time.
I remember a Care Bear Scare....one had a five-point star on his belly, that clearly taught children to draw pentagrams and sacrifice to Satan.

Captain Planet's teen with the power of 'heart' was a subtle clue to rip the hearts out of sacrifices to the Earth Goddess (Satan in a dress).

There were ten 'evolution' related jokes in the beginning of Ice Age, clearly it was a direct attack on Genesis....

This argument is so old that a variant of it and its - fallacious - response shows up in the Quran: God could make the unbelievers simply disappear but he insists believers do away with them because he wants to test their faith. Probably the same applies for statues.
Where in the quran is this?
Sorry, I've missed this reply until now. It's Sura 47, verse 4: "...if it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you ...".

I remember a Care Bear Scare....one had a five-point star on his belly, that clearly taught children to draw pentagrams and sacrifice to Satan.

Captain Planet's teen with the power of 'heart' was a subtle clue to rip the hearts out of sacrifices to the Earth Goddess (Satan in a dress).

There were ten 'evolution' related jokes in the beginning of Ice Age, clearly it was a direct attack on Genesis....

You forgot the Teletubbies. How could you forget the Teletubbies? One of them had a triangle, was pink, and had a purse, so that is proof that the gubment is shooting gay beams out of the televisions to tarn our chilluns inta homosekshools!

Back
Top Bottom