• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Allah told ISIS to smash relics

This is the kind of crap that makes me have no sympathy for ISIS, they need to be exterminated.

If a caliphate like this got their way, what would such a world look like? Not a world I would like to live in, I think. Bacon would have to show up and remind everyone how to dance.

This is the kind of crap that makes me have no sympathy for ISIS, they need to be exterminated.
Odd. I was off on ISIS over the whole senseless barbaric murder of civilians.

If a caliphate like this got their way, what would such a world look like? Not a world I would like to live in, I think. Bacon would have to show up and remind everyone how to dance.

Someone wrote a book about that, Hatred of the Angels, by Jane Ahlam: http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2...showComment=1141792320000#c114179232018086608

I can't say much about it as I only read a chapter or two years ago, but it claims to be "fully consistent with Islam."

I often wonder why the omnipotent God of the Abrahamic religions needs to have books and statues destroyed.

The reasoning I heard is that statues, books, touching your body, being creative, and not memorizing the Quran and Hadith take away from the time necessary to worship Allah.

The reasoning I heard is that statues, books, touching your body, being creative, and not memorizing the Quran and Hadith take away from the time necessary to worship Allah.

Well then, they and I agree (albeit for different reasons) that they should spend zero time smashing statues or destroying artefacts.

Haven't these morons got some praying to get on with?

Well then, they and I agree (albeit for different reasons) that they should spend zero time smashing statues or destroying artefacts.

They learn that emulating Muhammad by killing those that are in opposition to Islam, destroying cultural artifacts, and thinking and behaving like 6th century turds is sanctioned by Allah and holy; killing, destruction, and anti-intellectualism is an expression of faith to Muslims and the Muslims who don't agree aren't good Muslims.

They learn ...

OK, I'm gonna have to stop you there, because this premise is not supported.

They learn ...

OK, I'm gonna have to stop you there, because this premise is not supported.
They are indoctrinated might have been a better choice word.
They are indoctrinated that emulating Muhammad by killing, destroying cultural artifacts, and thinking and behaving like 6th century turds is sanctioned by Allah and holy; killing, destruction, and anti-intellectualism is an expression of faith to Muslims and the Muslims who don't agree aren't good Muslims.

View attachment 2378

...Actually, they might just demolish that statue too, come to think of it.
Bearded men with sledgehammers destroying the Statue of Liberty... Seems kinda like fooling the intelligent computer into calculating pi to the last digit. A lot of resources tied up in no immediate results....

Obvious, but if Allah didn't want statues, he would smash them himself?
This argument is so old that a variant of it and its - fallacious - response shows up in the Quran: God could make the unbelievers simply disappear but he insists believers do away with them because he wants to test their faith. Probably the same applies for statues.

Back
Top Bottom