• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Am I the only one who caught this?

Bronzeage

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Pragmatic
On January 8, 2020, Iranian missiles hit the Ain al-Asad air base in Iraq. There were no reported casualties. Seven days later, the President appears at a campaign rally in Milwaukee, where he talks about the raid and says, "And an hour later or so, we get a call back. I said, how many killed? Nobody, sir. I said, how many hurt? They said, nobody, sir."

So the President directly quotes the person who briefed him on the attack on US personnel. However, there were casualties and the President was told there were none, by an unidentified person. Seven days later, he had still not been told the truth.

As far as I know, not a single Senator or Congressman has questioned how this happened, or asked if any other information supplied by the military can be trusted.

But it wasn't Trump who lied. It was his poorly informed imaginary friend who calls him Sir. Now, we have more than a few choices here. Maybe the President knew there were casualties and lied for an unknown reason. Maybe the President had no idea what happened and lied about being told there were no casualties. Maybe a military officer lied to the President, for unknown reasons.

One will notice there have been no calls to investigate imaginary friend, the person who misinformed the President and caused the President to give false information to the American public. This is really what it comes down to. If any President in history had gone before cameras and recited information given to him in a military briefing, which later turned out to be false, heads would roll. Congress would demand to know how this happened and if the military had distributed other false information to the civilian government.

None of this has happened for one simple reason. No one expects Donald Trump to speak the truth. It's no surprise when he fabricates stories to suit the moment. This is known to his supporters and opponents, alike.

The best lies are plausible lies. Don't say,"The dog ate my homework," when the teacher knows you don't have a dog. There's the rub. Maybe Soleimani was a clear and present danger to American citizens, maybe not. The problem is, the only justification for the killing of Soleimani comes from a President who claims the man was reported to be doing bad things. We know Trump does not read reports, so these reports had to be personal briefings. However, Trump lies about what he is told in briefings.

It fun to dance around and sing, "Ding dong, the wicked terrorist is dead," and it certainly deflects attention away from the real issue. We have an incompetent President who can't keep his shit straight.

I don't think it's politically smart for the Democrats to attack him for this. Instead, I am hoping soldiers and families will speak up. Then, the top brass will say something or obstruct him/resign. Think of it like this: families became aware of casualties. It's out. They have no reason to keep it secret and may be pissed off. Conspiracies are hard to keep quiet. A bottom up truth to power looks better than Democrats forcing the issue top-down at people who might not be ready to resist or speak up.

In case you can't tell, I am going with him lying. I was suspicious of this when he made a televised statement on this. There were brass in the back. A general to the right looked shocked when Trump said this and kept looking around paranoid.* Not to mention the usual claims that are hard to believe...

* play video at link. Watch the officer to our right of Trump. He should be still. Either watching Trump or eyes front. When Trump says something off, he reacts with his eyes:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...nds-decision-to-take-out-qassem-soleimani.amp

Last edited:
It's what you said, people are used to hearing these lies repeatedly. It's also that Trump is surrounded by equally adept liars and cheats and political supporters.

Maybe once the Parnas material is digested we can add on a few more charges, like perjury.

It is by the fascist playbook, lie about everything that is inconvenient.

The only thing that we, who feel that reality is a better basis for policy than ideology and conspiracy theories, have going in our favor is the sheer incompetence of Trump and the syncopates he surrounds himself with.

There was a story the other day about soldiers who were injured being moved to hospitals outside Iraq.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/us-...symptoms-after-iranian-military-strike-2020-1

The injuries must have been significant to be so long termed as this many days and need special care. Someone asked Trump today about it and he said they have "headaches."

Trump downplays service members' concussions: I heard they had headachesPresident Donald Trump said he does not consider potential brain injuries to be as serious as physical combat wounds, downplaying the severity of US service members being treated for concussion symptoms from an Iranian attack as "headaches."
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/poli...-member-head-injuries-concussions-sot-vpx.cnn

Just to go back to that video I linked to...
Trump: "...no Americans were harmed..."

Yeah, this is a scandal. He'll claim national security though. Can't let the enemy know you can wound them.

Last edited:
He said today he does not think traumatic head injuries are really injuries.

By now we all know it is modus operandi. He will use and destroy anybody and anything to maintain his self image.

This takes me back to the Vietnam era and the government lies.

If I were that General, I'd resign. People are going to be asking questions soon why he was moving his eyes at Trump like that.

By now we all know it is modus operandi. He will use and destroy anybody and anything to maintain his self image.

That's actually a symptom of a traumatic head injury.

I prefer wounded who were actually wounded, you know? Sucking chest wounds, or bone spurs, maybe a compound fracture.
What's a head wound? Really? When I played football, a head wound wouldn't even get you benched.

I have gotten to know a VN combat vet in my buildings. He carries the scars of multiple wounds. Almost lost his arm. Still has problems with PTSD.

He described what it was like seeing someone blown apart by a mine in front of him.

What is there to say, Trump is a pig who thinks nothing of using the wounded for political ends. A disgusting human being.

I feel sorry for the military leadership who has to put up with it.

I prefer wounded who were actually wounded, you know? Sucking chest wounds, or bone spurs, maybe a compound fracture.
What's a head wound? Really? When I played football, a head wound wouldn't even get you benched.

I prefer soldiers who don't get wounded. They're weak and need to keep quiet about it. National security. Yeah, that's the ticket. And these generals, they're all weak too. I'd never go to war with them on my team.

That's actually a symptom of a traumatic head injury.

Agent Orange is giving this nation one massive collective traumatic head injury.

Forget traumatic brain injuries, bone spurs are the ultimate pain.

On January 8, 2020, Iranian missiles hit the Ain al-Asad air base in Iraq. There were no reported casualties. Seven days later, the President appears at a campaign rally in Milwaukee, where he talks about the raid and says, "And an hour later or so, we get a call back. I said, how many killed? Nobody, sir. I said, how many hurt? They said, nobody, sir."

So the President directly quotes the person who briefed him on the attack on US personnel. However, there were casualties and the President was told there were none, by an unidentified person. Seven days later, he had still not been told the truth.

As far as I know, not a single Senator or Congressman has questioned how this happened, or asked if any other information supplied by the military can be trusted.

But it wasn't Trump who lied. It was his poorly informed imaginary friend who calls him Sir. Now, we have more than a few choices here. Maybe the President knew there were casualties and lied for an unknown reason. Maybe the President had no idea what happened and lied about being told there were no casualties. Maybe a military officer lied to the President, for unknown reasons.

One will notice there have been no calls to investigate imaginary friend, the person who misinformed the President and caused the President to give false information to the American public. This is really what it comes down to. If any President in history had gone before cameras and recited information given to him in a military briefing, which later turned out to be false, heads would roll. Congress would demand to know how this happened and if the military had distributed other false information to the civilian government.

None of this has happened for one simple reason. No one expects Donald Trump to speak the truth. It's no surprise when he fabricates stories to suit the moment. This is known to his supporters and opponents, alike.

The best lies are plausible lies. Don't say,"The dog ate my homework," when the teacher knows you don't have a dog. There's the rub. Maybe Soleimani was a clear and present danger to American citizens, maybe not. The problem is, the only justification for the killing of Soleimani comes from a President who claims the man was reported to be doing bad things. We know Trump does not read reports, so these reports had to be personal briefings. However, Trump lies about what he is told in briefings.

It fun to dance around and sing, "Ding dong, the wicked terrorist is dead," and it certainly deflects attention away from the real issue. We have an incompetent President who can't keep his shit straight.

I agree with everything you have here except for the part where you think that Trump is the only person who we don't expect for the truth. Actually we don't expect the government to tell us the truth. Because if we did expect that, there would have been a lot more said about the weapons of mass destruction lie that got us into the Iraq war which had nothing to do with 911. Compared to those kind of lies, what Trump has said and continues to lie about is nothing.

And it goes much further than that. We (as citizens of the US) expect our government to lie to us. We expect the media to lie to us. And we expect all of our politicians to lie to us. We expect the politicians to lie to us all the time so much and all the time, that when an outsider like Donald Trump gets a little bit sloppy on the campaign and says something that is actually the truth we become shocked in awe that someone told us the truth. It is very rare to actually hear the truth from anywhere these days. In a better world the media would try to discern truth, but in practice the media are a wholly owned oligopoly that is only interested in their own mostly fake narrative in order to further corporate profiteering.

I'm actually not sure why we (the public) like to be lied to. But we clearly do. And we clearly all (as a group) know that we are lied to on a daily basis.

Trump at this conference is just business as usual. Which is why you will hear nothing further about it as well.

Last edited:

I agree with everything you have here except for the part where you think that Trump is the only person who we don't expect for the truth. Actually we don't expect the government to tell us the truth. Because if we did expect that, there would have been a lot more said about the weapons of mass destruction lie that got us into the Iraq war which had nothing to do with 911. Compared to those kind of lies, what Trump has said and continues to lie about is nothing.

And it goes much further than that. We (as citizens of the US) expect our government to lie to us. We expect the media to lie to us. And we expect all of our politicians to lie to us. We expect the politicians to lie to us all the time so much and all the time, that when an outsider like Donald Trump gets a little bit sloppy on the campaign and says something that is actually the truth we become shocked in awe that someone told us the truth. It is very rare to actually hear the truth from anywhere these days. In a better world the media would try to discern truth, but in practice the media are a wholly owned oligopoly that is only interested in their own mostly fake narrative in order to further corporate profiteering.

I'm actually not sure why we (the public) like to be lied to. But we clearly do. And we clearly all (as a group) know that we are lied to on a daily basis.

Trump at this conference is just business as usual. Which is why you will hear nothing further about it as well.

:eek:

Who's this "we" you speak of?

I agree with everything you have here except for the part where you think that Trump is the only person who we don't expect for the truth.
I seem to have missed the part where he said this.
What i read was that no one expects Trump to EVER say the truth, as distinct from any claim that the rest of the government are Paladins.

As ZiprHead alluded, you are using "we" a lot, while putting forth your own personal opinion. I would like to know who this "we" is as well, because it doesn't describe anyone I know who has a fully functional brain.

I agree with everything you have here except for the part where you think that Trump is the only person who we don't expect for the truth. Actually we don't expect the government to tell us the truth. Because if we did expect that, there would have been a lot more said about the weapons of mass destruction lie that got us into the Iraq war which had nothing to do with 911.

Wrong. There was a lot said about weapons of mass destruction on this board, and many of us feel that prosecutions should have resulted because of it.

Compared to those kind of lies, what Trump has said and continues to lie about is nothing.

Wrong again. Trump continues to lie about everything. Whatever Trump says on any subject, chances are that the opposite is true.

And it goes much further than that. We (as citizens of the US) expect our government to lie to us.

Still wrong, but getting closer. I may not trust the CIA, and certain other intelligence services to tell me the truth, but I do not expect the government to lie to me. It would be very hard for me to even do my job if that were the case.

We expect the media to lie to us.

Wrong. I do not expect the news media to lie to me. I do expect Fox News to lie to me, but I do not count Fox News as an actual news media outlet. I do expect the non-Fox news media to occasionally get things wrong, and to more often than not correct or retract a story when they find out they have gotten it wrong.

And we expect all of our politicians to lie to us.

This is the closest you have come to getting it right, but probably not to the extent that you may think. When a politician makes a campaign promise, which is most often where they are characterized as lying, I don't necessarily think they are lying. They are often telling you what they hope to accomplish, and since no one can tell the future, when those promises do not come to fruition it does not mean they have lied. Otherwise, I often do not trust politicians to tell the truth, but that will depend on the politician in question.

We expect the politicians to lie to us all the time so much and all the time, that when an outsider like Donald Trump gets a little bit sloppy on the campaign and says something that is actually the truth we become shocked in awe that someone told us the truth.

Trump lies about everything, absolutely everything. I really can't think of another politician that I can trust to lie as often, and so egregiously as Trump.

It is very rare to actually hear the truth from anywhere these days. In a better world the media would try to discern truth, but in practice the media are a wholly owned oligopoly that is only interested in their own mostly fake narrative in order to further corporate profiteering.

I'm actually not sure why we (the public) like to be lied to. But we clearly do.

Since you are only speaking for yourself, and no one else, why don't you go ahead and tell us why you like to be lied to, because given your apparent love for Trump's lying ass, you are firmly in that camp.

The only reason why we are not hearing as much about it today is because the other shoe just dropped with regard to Bolton's testimony. Until then, it was talked about quite a lot over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom