• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

And here we go again ...

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Protesters damage driver's car, no charges yet

KOIN said:
The incident at SW 4th and Salmon happened during a protest for Patrick Kimmons, a man shot to death by Portland police September 30. Kimmons, 27, was shot and rushed to a nearby hospital, where he later died. "A gun was recovered near Mr. Kimmons, and multiple firearms were recovered in the area of the crime scene," officials said October 1.
So we have an armed perp shot by police and these idiots are protesting anyway.
During that demonstration, a man driving a silver Lexus drove through the crowd. He had a green light to make the turn but the walk sign was on for the crosswalk. Protesters began hitting his car and someone got in front of the Lexus.Video captured by Brandon Farley shows the driver inching forward, getting clear and driving away quickly. He stopped less than a block away, got out, looked at the damage to his car quickly, then got back in as protesters arrived and again began hitting his car.
Peaceful protests.
PPB Sgt. Chris Burley said officers were monitoring the protest. Asked why police didn't step in when protesters went into the streets and affected traffic, Burley said the bureau "weighs the ability for people to gather to practice their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and assembly, as well as the impact it places on the rest of the Portland community. Throughout this event the police bureau was monitoring the crowd."
Portland is giving too much leeway to these idiots. That's how you encourage them to attack people.

Let's see who this latest dindu nuffins is, shall we?
patrick-kimmons-20jpg-a26ac69ac707e2c6.jpg

Portland police fired at man who turned toward them with gun, new details indicate
Oregon Live said:
Two Portland police officers pulled up to a shootout in downtown after hearing gunfire early Sunday, saw muzzle flashes and fired multiple times at a man who they say turned toward them holding a gun in a parking lot, according to new details obtained Monday by The Oregonian/OregonLive.
So basically we have a banger involved in a shooting who gets shot by police. And yet, police are seen as the bad guys by the #BLM mob.
Two other men showed up shortly after the shooting at Legacy, suffering from gunshot wounds believed to have happened before police arrived at the parking lot. Their wounds were serious but not life-threatening, police said.
It's unclear if that altercation stemmed from a particular argument or simply because older rival gang members from the Rolling 60s Crips and the Bloods happened to see one another in the parking lot after leaving separate clubs nearby, police said. The parking lot stretches the entire block, on the north side of Harvey Milk Street; the Hi-Lo Hotel is on the south side of the street.
Four-and-a-half hours after the shooting, Kimmons' mother posted on her Facebook page that her "baby was gone'' and "police killed my son.''
Her 27 year old "baby" was a banger with Rolling 60 Crips.
She asked why police had to shoot her son instead of arresting him.
"As people get desensitized as if a life was not taken, as if my son didn't have kids. As if my son didn't deserve to live," she said. "There's nothing that can explain or be justified that my son is dead, or never coming back, never to hug me or tell me, 'I love you.' Realities such as this make it hard to believe in justice.''
They shot him because he turned at them with a gun. Duh!
And why should him having had unprotected sex mean that his life is worth more than lives of those of us who do not?
Kimmons, a father of three young children, was well-known in the Portland community.
Being a Crip banger, I bet he was!

Once again, we see poor choice of causes to get protesting about.

Here we go again?

Another victim of violent US slums and the for-profit prison system?

I can't help it that scum capitalists are using poverty and a phony drug war to feed a for-profit prison system.

Why is marijuana a Class I drug?

Science?

Peaceful protests.

Don't drive into pedestrians who have the right of way. A green light still means you must yield for pedestrians who have a walk signal in every state in the Union.

I cant believe this took place in Portland. I always thought Portland was close enough to San Francisco to be a paradise of liberalism and prosperity. High property values and everyone wanting to live there.

I cant believe this took place in Portland. I always thought Portland was close enough to San Francisco to be a paradise of liberalism and prosperity. High property values and everyone wanting to live there.

You are using ignorance of something as an argument for something.

Not very smart.

Why are you so emotional about this?

Not any more emotional than any other thread OP on here, and quite a bit less emotional than some.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again?

Another victim of violent US slums and the for-profit prison system?

Everything except acknowledging that the perp was responsible for his own actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the drug war.
I have not seen any indication that the drug war had to do with this. They did not mention any drug deals.

- - - Updated - - -

It is what feeds the for profit prison system.
Any evidence that PK was guest at any private prisons rather than just old fashioned ones?
And even if he was, how did that force him to shoot a couple of gang rivals and point a gun at police?

The scum capitalists in the US have figured out how to make enforced poverty and lack of opportunity profitable.
:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I think you meant "new slavery"
Slavery? Do explain how custodial sentences are akin to slavery.

And is it only slavery if you like the perp?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't help it that scum capitalists are using poverty and a phony drug war to feed a for-profit prison system.

Why is marijuana a Class I drug?

Science?

What does marijuana have to do with this case? He didn't smoke a joint, he shot some people and pointed a gun at police.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't drive into pedestrians who have the right of way. A green light still means you must yield for pedestrians who have a walk signal in every state in the Union.
They were not pedestrians crossing the street. They were deliberately blocking the roadway and then attacked the vehicle, causing $3000 in damages.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you so emotional about this?

Derec is a Blood, and hates to see a Crip being supported by the community.

I strongly dislike all bangers.

They were not pedestrians crossing the street. They were deliberately blocking the roadway and then attacked the vehicle, causing $3000 in damages.

Of course they are - to suggest otherwise is violence to the English language. And when they have the walk signal they have every right to be in the crosswalk and the driver can't simply make an ad-hoc decision that he should be able to drive through. Hell even if the little red man was on the display he can't just decide to push through a crowd with his car because he was inconvenienced. He could have shut off his engine and called the cops, he could have backed away or taken a turn and have gone through an alternate route, he could have parked the car and gone to a coffee shop and waited the protesters out, among other options.

He drove his car through the crowd then his vehicle was attacked, not the reverse. You can't take the law into your own hands then complain you suffered a loss. If he tries to take anyone to court here he'll be laughed out quicker than it takes to file the complaint. It's no different than throwing haymakers while trying to move through a crowd on foot.

You are using ignorance of something as an argument for something.

Not very smart.

No; but considering the source, typical.

And there it is: Derec fails to "get" the connection between forcing the sale of goods to happen without the protection and arbitration of laws, and the violence that arises when the structures of law refuse to arbitrate.

When legal channels refuse a market, the market is consumed by anarchy and Darwinism, and all prestige and activity among the segments of the population that are forced into operating in those channels will itself devolve into rank displays of Darwinism... as has happened with the African American communities in america's cities.

Also, forced labor is slavery. Prisoners undergo forced labor. Ergo, those "custodial sentences" which involve forced labor are slavery. Period.

Oregon was explicitly founded as a white state, and two genocidal acts were endorsed by the government to "clear" it of its indigenous population. Portland itself on at least three occasions committed illegal acts to shut down non-white districts of the city; if you go downtown now, you see a lot of cheery history signs explaining where the black quarter was, where chinatown was, where japantown was, and in all cases are no longer. Liberal and prosperous Portland may be in many respects, but it is by no means a paradise of racial equality.

I strongly dislike all bangers.

Then you haven't tried these:

I'm surprised he hasn't spoken out about this one, then: IMG_0176.JPG. After all, he already jumps to the conclusion that this guy is a gang banger without an investigation or trial or hearing, I can't imagine him rejecting that standard of accusation elsewhere...

Hey, stop clogging up threads with scary pictures of dangerous looking white guys. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom