• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Angela Merkel wants to ban the burka?

LordKiran

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
In a single statement? Pff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4gPMAU4Bs

So apparantly this is now happening. Not sure what the purpose of this is!

It may play to a certain demographic but it wont solve your migrant problem born completely of your decision to invite them all in without any sort of plan or thought for how to handle them all. If anything this will just piss them off even more.

If anything this will just piss them off even more.
Islamists are free to go home to their Shitstainistans. In fact, it would be better for all involved if they do.

Y'know Derec I can't help but notice that ever since the election, you've become much more open about your contempt for these people.

Y'know Derec I can't help but notice that ever since the election, you've become much more open about your contempt for these people.
If by "those people" you mean Islamists who want to turn Europe into an Islamic society, I have never hidden my contempt for them nor for those Europeans who are allowing them to flood Europe.
People like this should not be allowed to immigrate into any Western society, and should be deported to whatever Crapsackistan they came from.

They are not even trying to hide their intentions any more.

What I don't understand is the irrational Islamophilia of people like you and many Europeans, including European politicians.
quote-i-think-that-s-what-makes-many-swedes-jealous-of-immigrant-groups-you-have-a-culture-an-identity-mona-sahlin-263999.jpg

quote-the-swedes-must-be-integrated-into-the-new-sweden-the-old-sweden-will-not-return-mona-sahlin-89-69-68.jpg

Her nickname is "Mona Muslim" by the way, for obvious reasons.

P.S.: Speaking of elections, did it ever occur to you that rank Islamophilia by the Left is what is driving support for the likes of Trump in the US or LePen in France? Without Muslims flooding Europe, Marie LePen would not even warrant a footnote in French politics.

If by "those people" you mean Islamists who want to turn Europe into an Islamic society, I have never hidden my contempt for them nor for those Europeans who are allowing them to flood Europe.
People like this should not be allowed to immigrate into any Western society, and should be deported to whatever Crapsackistan they came from.

They are not even trying to hide their intentions any more.

What I don't understand is the irrational Islamophilia of people like you and many Europeans, including European politicians.
quote-i-think-that-s-what-makes-many-swedes-jealous-of-immigrant-groups-you-have-a-culture-an-identity-mona-sahlin-263999.jpg

quote-the-swedes-must-be-integrated-into-the-new-sweden-the-old-sweden-will-not-return-mona-sahlin-89-69-68.jpg

Her nickname is "Mona Muslim" by the way, for obvious reasons.

P.S.: Speaking of elections, did it ever occur to you that rank Islamophilia by the Left is what is driving support for the likes of Trump in the US or LePen in France? Without Muslims flooding Europe, Marie LePen would not even warrant a footnote in French politics.

So people who wear Burkas are automatically islamists?

It may play to a certain demographic but it wont solve your migrant problem born completely of your decision to invite them all in without any sort of plan or thought for how to handle them all. If anything this will just piss them off even more.

The purpose is obvious: there is an election she needs to win. Her advisors are saying she needs to appear tougher on immigration or she may lose to the far right.

The purpose is obvious: there is an election she needs to win. Her advisors are saying she needs to appear tougher on immigration or she may lose to the far right.

She's kind of schizophrenic. She made headlines several years ago by observing that multiculturalism was a failed idea. But later she opened up Germany's boarders to mass migration by non-Europeans. Now she's back to noticing that multiculturalism is a bad idea. Don't think her flip flops will save her.

She's kind of schizophrenic. She made headlines several years ago by observing that multiculturalism was a failed idea. But later she opened up Germany's boarders to mass migration by non-Europeans. Now she's back to noticing that multiculturalism is a bad idea. Don't think her flip flops will save her.

Trump has made flip-flopping an acceptable and effective means of pandering to groups of voters with conflicting interests. Who is to say that it won't work for Angela? I think it might not work for her because she is not full enough of loud inflammatory bluster, and not as well practiced in shouting down dissenting voices as is teh Donald. But it's worth a try for her, if she senses that she needs more support from the racist right.

Trump has made flip-flopping an acceptable and effective means of pandering to groups of voters with conflicting interests. Who is to say that it won't work for Angela? I think it might not work for her because she is not full enough of loud inflammatory bluster, and not as well practiced in shouting down dissenting voices as is teh Donald. But it's worth a try for her, if she senses that she needs more support from the racist right.

Trump have never been in charge of national policy. He's not had an opportunity to flip flop like Merkel. In four years time, you may have an argument.

Trump have never been in charge of national policy. He's not had an opportunity to flip flop like Merkel. In four years time, you may have an argument.

Have to go by whatever track record is available. In Trump's case, the window is small but the trend is clear. He doesn't mind contradicting what he said five minutes ago, let alone what he said yesterday or last year.

Have to go by whatever track record is available. In Trump's case, the window is small but the trend is clear. He doesn't mind contradicting what he said five minutes ago, let alone what he said yesterday or last year.

When as President he reverses policy positions, then you'd have a point. Let's wait. Inauguration is on January 20th. Though I'd be remiss not to chuckle that your obsession over Trump is so great that a discussion over Merkel's potential ban of the burka has been transformed by you to being about Trump. Is it his sex appeal that's got you?

dshhMHm.jpg

When as President he reverses policy positions, then you'd have a point. Let's wait. Inauguration is on January 20th.

You mean positions that he got elected on, or positions he is espousing on Jan 20? I guess you're right - we'll have to wait until he says something on 1/20, and disregards anything he has said by 1/19 or before.

Is it his sex appeal that's got you?
dshhMHm.jpg

Nice legs, tits... but that FACE! She's ugly as sin. :D

What else? Ninjas with bad fashion sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, how did this become about Trump? Aren't there enough Trump threads already? And that wrecking ball image is really disturbing.

If anything this will just piss them off even more.
Islamists are free to go home to their Shitstainistans. In fact, it would be better for all involved if they do.
How would you feel if someone wrote "Naturalized citizens are free to go home to their Shitstainistans. In fact, it would be better for all involved if they do."?

How would you feel if someone wrote "Naturalized citizens are free to go home to their Shitstainistans. In fact, it would be better for all involved if they do."?
The recent migrants are not citizens yet. That should make them easier to deport.

Wait, how did this become about Trump? Aren't there enough Trump threads already? And that wrecking ball image is really disturbing.

It started when Angie started flip-flopping. Trausti posited that flip-flopping would not serve her well, and I pointed out that Trump has made flip-flopping and even outright self-contradiction not only acceptable, but has elevated it to an effective means of pandering. Trausti then pointed out the Angie is an incumbent head of state, while Trump is not yet in that position, saying that will make a difference. He may have a point, but in both the cases of Merkel and Trump, it's their form outreach to voters beyond their core supporters.

The recent migrants are not citizens yet. That should make them easier to deport.
That is non responsive to what I wrote. Please answer the question.

- - - Updated - - -

But they have more right to be in Germany than Germans, apparently.
What are you babbling about now?

Also not that this applies to Germany but from a purely ideological perspective: Why is it acceptable to infringe upon someone's religious freedoms? You can argue that Islamists are bad but not all Muslims are automatically Islamists. Further, what sense does it make to punish Islamists by infringing upon the religious freedoms of Muslims who are otherwise fully integrated into your society, and have nothing to do with Islamism and just want to live and let live?

No. They're just religious people hiding their identities under cover of religion. Reasonable people agree that knowing identity is important to public safety. Masks and such are usually reserved for venues and times of community permissiveness and festivity on such as "who are you".

Back
Top Bottom