• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Angela Merkel wants to ban the burka?

Oh but it is.

Almost nobody here has the patience to resist the scent of the latest red herring we get slapped in the face with. Burkas are hideous. I think Merkel should make space to accomodate burka wearers...and only require that if a person insists on wearing a burka, they have to cover it up in public. Sorry burka wearers...burkas are obscene...utterly without redeeming social benefits. They could wear burka but over that make them cover the ugly thing up. Far easier just drop the fucking burka. They should only be appropriate on Halloween. Its really not a matter of assimilation. It is a matter of not scaring the kids.;)
red herring.JPG

Notice I said law AND religion. Law is not the only compulsion. Islam in practice does compel women to cover up. And in some Muslim nations the law does as well.

I find it amusing that you're speaking of giving woman the freedom to wear what they want as a justification for taking away their freedom to wear what they want. (Because again, religion and the optional rules within are a choice.)

I am? I am saying they should have as much legal right as anyone else about what they wear. I am also saying their religion is wrong for forcing them to wear the coverings. Are you having difficulty in criticizing religion?

A book doesn't force anyone to do anything, and as others have pointed out, doesn't mandate that women wear the full regalia.

Notice, I said "Islam in practice." It doesn't matter what anybody thinks any book says, it matters how the religion is practiced.

And you even agreed later in the thread: "So who's to say what is and is not a religion? Me? You? Is there a committee? How about the president? Or is it the say of the people who practice? (Here's a hint: Its the last one.)"

If your problem is with a family pushing their beliefs on one of their children then that's a completely separate issue and shouldn't be conflated with the faith such as it is.

If the coverings are part of the religion, then yes it is an issue of the religion. If you are entrenched against admitting that it is related to religion, even when it involves in your own words "pushing their beliefs," then you can call it a "cultural" issue instead. But it doesn't change anything real about the issues but the semantics. And it's not just parents exerting control on children, it's entire families and husbands and communities. There are onerous social sanctions up to violence for not following the dress code. It's not a free choice for women in those religious cultures.

That aside, I misunderstood your position and apologize for that. I also apologize for being overly flippant in my response.

Thanks.

That picture is taken in Malaysia, not Sweden.

Yet they are burning Swedish flags. A wake up call for Zoidberg, Juma and other Swedish islamophiles.
Yes, the people in the photo are fucking idiots for protesting a cartoon. But it does not follow that the same people are moving to Sweden in droves. The problems with immigration are more nuanced than "Islam = BAD".

Yet they are burning Swedish flags. A wake up call for Zoidberg, Juma and other Swedish islamophiles.
Yes, the people in the photo are fucking idiots for protesting a cartoon. But it does not follow that the same people are moving to Sweden in droves. The problems with immigration are more nuanced than "Islam = BAD".

Well that's Derec for you. Consistently failing to hurdle over the same logical pitfall each and every time he tries.

Yes there is a way to stop terrorist attacks! Don't allow Islamics to immigrate to Western countries!

You'd have to stop tourists as well. And any cross-country trade. You didn't think of that, did you? Do you really think it's a good idea to shut down every countries borders because, perhaps, it might prevent terrorist attacks. If you thought it was bad in the Dark Ages, just wait until we do this.

Most Western countries do very little trade with Arabic countries anyway. If only the West could become self sufficient on oil supplies, the Arab countries could go to hell!

- - - Updated - - -

You'd have to stop tourists as well. And any cross-country trade. You didn't think of that, did you? Do you really think it's a good idea to shut down every countries borders because, perhaps, it might prevent terrorist attacks. If you thought it was bad in the Dark Ages, just wait until we do this.

Most Western countries do very little trade with Arabic countries anyway. If only the West could become self sufficient on oil supplies, the Arab countries could go to hell!

The Arabs will need us more than we need them if that ever comes about!

Islam is a religion of peace. If only stinky Islamophobes accepted that Western liberals understand Islam better than practicing Muslims. Gosh.

C0N6TMHVEAAotmb.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_and_other_violent_events_by_death_toll

Oh, come on.

Are you seriously going to believe that Irish Republicans have only carried out 8 terrorist attacks?

Your graph is a joke - it's so obviously not an accurate portrayal of reality that the only way it could possibly be taken seriously is if someone had absolutely zero knowledge of the subject.

Shit, even the pathetic post IRA splinter group that calls itself the 'Real IRA' has committed more than eight attacks.

This kind of shit is unworthy, even by the pathetic standards of modern neo-fascist, post-factual debate. It's an outright, bare-faced and bleeding obvious lie.

Your naivity is the reason One Nation will gain at least ten or more seats in a future state election in Queensland, and WA!

Oh but it is.

Almost nobody here has the patience to resist the scent of the latest red herring we get slapped in the face with. Burkas are hideous. I think Merkel should make space to accomodate burka wearers...and only require that if a person insists on wearing a burka, they have to cover it up in public. Sorry burka wearers...burkas are obscene...utterly without redeeming social benefits. They could wear burka but over that make them cover the ugly thing up. Far easier just drop the fucking burka. They should only be appropriate on Halloween. Its really not a matter of assimilation. It is a matter of not scaring the kids.;)
View attachment 9173

It must be the Xmas spirit that makes me agree with you 110%.

Trump have never been in charge of national policy. He's not had an opportunity to flip flop like Merkel. In four years time, you may have an argument.

Have to go by whatever track record is available. In Trump's case, the window is small but the trend is clear. He doesn't mind contradicting what he said five minutes ago, let alone what he said yesterday or last year.

So what is being said is that Trump can score points by remaining the asshole he has been all along, and if he takes a turn for the better...he will be branded a flip flopper! Trump is ridiculous no matter what he does...and he is also very destructive on the environment...just like Clinton and Obama.

If Trump can stop American dependency on Arab oil, he will be halfway to making America Great again as he said in his slogans.

This is error on the scale of flat-earthism. It's not just wrong, it's so wrong as to severely damage your credibility. And yet you have not retracted nor apologized for it. Why not?

Because, like most of the chicken little Islamophobes who have been increasingly shitting up this board, especially since Trump got elected, he doesn't have any credibility to begin with, and worse, doesn't seem to care.

I wish the choice for people like Trausti were as simple as "provide evidence or STFU." But sadly, he, like several others here, have no qualms about choosing a third option - repeating the same moronic shit over and over and never attempting to back any of it up.

Back
Top Bottom