• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another $250k Theft by Trump

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

... but let's talk about EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS!!!

Everything said about Clinton can be shown to worse by Trump.

What bothers me is that this probably won't make a difference (except to the donors to the Trump Foundation who very well may sue him). The only thing that will put Trump back down where he belongs in an election will be an awful debate or saying crazy things again... but now his manager has his son saying the crazy stuff and making Trump stay on script.

Why in the world didn't this charity stuff come up a while ago, say during the Republican Primary.

What bothers me is that this probably won't make a difference (except to the donors to the Trump Foundation who very well may sue him). The only thing that will put Trump back down where he belongs in an election will be an awful debate or saying crazy things again... but now his manager has his son saying the crazy stuff and making Trump stay on script.

Why in the world didn't this charity stuff come up a while ago, say during the Republican Primary.

Because Trump was funny back then. Nobody vets a circus clown.

it took this long to forge all the necessary documents to make it appear as though some crooked dealings were done. It ain't easy fabricating these things... give the Dems more time. Spin doctoring and forgery are an ART. Be patent.

it took this long to forge all the necessary documents to make it appear as though some crooked dealings were done. It ain't easy fabricating these things... give the Dems more time. Spin doctoring and forgery are an ART. Be patent.

Do you have any EVIDENCE that anything was forged, or is this just another Trump-fart smokescreening attempt?

It would be an awfully big conspiracy with many innocent people involved. Let's not use Occam's razor.

Do you have any EVIDENCE that anything was forged, or is this just another Trump-fart smokescreening attempt?

I assumed it was sarcasm.

It would be an awfully big conspiracy with many innocent people involved. Let's not use Occam's razor.

Hey, we're talking about the same people who managed to hide a faked 50 year old birth certificate in a Hawaii records' office and replace all the archived newspapers surviving from that time with fabricated copies which included a faked birth announcement.

These are dedicated professionals who know their shit. It's just that this time around, they're up against Trump who's an absolute genius - I mean, seriously, his brain is just fantastic.

Everything said about Clinton can be shown to worse by Trump.

I have a hard time believing Trump is more of a woman than Clinton.

Likewise, I have a hard time believing Trump is more of a Democrat than Clinton.

I think one thing that would bring him down is if he is NOT a billionaire. Tax returns showing that not only is he not a Billionaire, but that he is so far in debt he is _already_ bought. I think that would crush his whole "sell".

I would like to see a natiowide (worldwide?) campaign to call him chicken, coward, scared bunny - with images and memes - at every opportunity in comments, tweets to him, editorials, signs at rallies and ask for his tax returns again in the same breath.

Donald Trump - the coward who is scared to show his tax returns. Bwaaaak bwaaak bwaaak!

I think one thing that would bring him down is if he is NOT a billionaire. Tax returns showing that not only is he not a Billionaire, but that he is so far in debt he is _already_ bought. I think that would crush his whole "sell".
In the real business world, it would, but not the political world. At this point, Trump could say he wants to make federal dollars on abortions legal, his followers would agree.

Donald Trump - the coward who is scared to show his tax returns. Bwaaaak bwaaak bwaaak!
I approve this yuuuugggggeeee message.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Hillary could use it during debates.
Nope. Hillary has baggage, notable baggage, so it would be a mistake to throw tit for tat. I think Clinton will need to expose what a lightweight Trump is, have him fumble on some easy facts about American diplomacy, show the non-Flavoraid potential Trump voters what an idiot he is when it comes to global politics.

Though the fact that he said Ukraine hadn't been invaded by Russia, should have been enough already.

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

The Washington Post is of course Anti Trump, but looking at the evidence (whether it is right or wrong it states

QUOTE: Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.UNQUOTE

May have isn't strong enough where the reply could be May not have.

The Washington Post is of course Anti Trump, but looking at the evidence (whether it is right or wrong it states

QUOTE: Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.UNQUOTE

It is unethical to use your Foundation you don't even donate to in order to pay off fines with a City or to bank roll a conservative "advocacy" group that is suing a NY AG who was investigating your "University".

Shouldn't that TF money he used to pay his personal expenses be counted as income on his tax returns?

Shouldn't that TF money he used to pay his personal expenses be counted as income on his tax returns?

WHAT tax returns? I don' see no steenkin' tax returns!

Just like it's not fair to say he is hiding something in his tax returns while he may not be hiding anything in his tax returns, right?
Maybe Xenu took the Foundation's money too?

Back
Top Bottom