• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another black tells the truth

Just read the article and, wait, FOX news exists and you think this is a black thing? You missed the brainwashing of the entire Republican electorate that having woods-cred is more important than education?

Go watch another re-run of Duck Dynasty and get back to us.

Wait...there's a diversity of opinion among the black community?

Who knew?

Yeah, if dem fuckin' niggers just praised they Laffer Curve, they'd be blinging up Wall Street.

Jebus... quoting Charles fucking "I'm no a roll model" Barkley?

you know what, Barkley is right. All of us black men should stop listening to men who drop out of school to play basketball, who get into a series of fights on court, who throw someone through a window, who gamble compulsively, and who catch a DUI while speeding because they just can't wait for a blowjob.

And who are mush-mouthed.

...anyway, I'm still waiting for that list of black neighborhoods where everyone hates work and wants to be a thug, and call anyone who wants an education "too white".

People say this sort of thing all the time.

Barack Obama said:
Sometimes African-Americans, in communities where I’ve worked, there’s been the notion of ‘acting white’ … where, OK, if boys are reading too much, then, well, why are you doing that? Or why are you speaking so properly? And the notion that there’s some authentic way of being black … that has to go.

Bill Cosby said:
boys attacking other boys because the boys are studying, and they say, ‘You're acting white.’

Spike Lee said:
When I was growing up, we never, ever, never ridiculed someone because they were a good student. Your generation, they now equate intelligence with acting white and ignorance with acting black, and they wear it like a badge of honor.

Barack Obama in particular has been saying this exact thing for his entire national political career, which is just past a decade old now.
Barack Obama 2004 said:
They know that parents have to teach, that children can't achieve unless we raise their expectations and turn off the television sets and eradicate the slander that says a black youth with a book is acting white.

I wonder where black people might have picked up an aversion to schools.

you know what, Barkley is right. All of us black men should stop listening to men who drop out of school to play basketball, who get into a series of fights on court, who throw someone through a window, who gamble compulsively, and who catch a DUI while speeding because they just can't wait for a blowjob.

...anyway, I'm still waiting for that list of black neighborhoods where everyone hates work and wants to be a thug, and call anyone who wants an education "too white".

Oh no you didn't go to "mush mouth" ;)

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1997-10-27/sports/9710270306_1_jorge-lugo-lugo-s-attorney-barkley-s-group

the defenestration story is some funny stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------

However, I am sure that some whites and latino young men (who are in neglected areas) also get peer pressure when they start to do well. They can also have the bucket of crabs experience.

I would imagine that as a black professional athlete he has witnessed more of it than if he went into a different line of work. These guys make millions of dollars in their early/mid 20s and their childhood and school friends are probably in mediocre entry level career jobs at best. Why wouldn't their same age friends try to milk some fun hanger-on party times with them - whether they are black or white.

Too gratuitous?:D

Just saying, it doesn't make much sense to suggest Mr. "I'm not a role model" as a role model.

However, I am sure that some whites and latino young men (who are in neglected areas) also get peer pressure when they start to do well. They can also have the bucket of crabs experience.

I can assure you that kids of all races, and resources, get peer pressure in various stupid ways. There are differences in how it acts out (holy crap, the drugs I've seen rich white kids get their hands on), and the consequences - which get worse with less money, and more melanin.

char_71462_thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I can assure you that kids of all races, and resources, get peer pressure in various stupid ways. There are differences in how it acts out (holy crap, the drugs I've seen rich white kids get their hands on), and the consequences - which get worse with less money, and more melanin.
We'd get picked on for wanting office jobs. Very blue collar.

We'd get ostracized for having good marks.
Being the sexy rebel was the thing to be (unless you were a girl, when you could get a pass if you agreed to be the sexy rebel leaders sexy plaything).

In my parents' time, the girl who gave a correct answer after the class queen had failed would get ostracized. The boy who gave a correct answer after the class king failed would get a beating.

I fail to see how race factors in the equation.
There's pressure by leaders for noone to appear more intelligent than them, or to make intelligence uncool if they can't, and they have the dumb majority on their side. No one wants to be an outlier, because outliers are shunned. Basic social science.

You do realize that this was happening more than half a century ago and that not only were today's schoolkids not born then, but that for the most part their parents weren't born yet either?

And about your "race mixing" photo. Barkley's wife is white which irks black racists as well so he is now 0 for 2 with them.

A textbook example of ad hominem fallacy I think.

You do realize that this was happening more than half a century ago and that not only were today's schoolkids not born then, but that for the most part their parents weren't born yet either?

And about your "race mixing" photo. Barkley's wife is white which irks black racists as well so he is now 0 for 2 with them.

Which "black racists"? 4 times as many whites as blacks still disapprove of miscegenation, as of mid-2013:

Gallup said:
Blacks' approval of black-white marriage (96%) is now nearly universal, while whites' approval is 12 percentage points lower, at 84%. Blacks' approval has consistently been higher than whites' over the decades (source).

Which "black racists"?
For example the guy who was bitching about Barkley on the radio yesterday and was bringing up his white wife up all the time.
How do you imagine I knew that fact about him in the first place?

A textbook example of ad hominem fallacy I think.
No it isn't. Barkley himself said he isn't a role model. So why the heck is a guy who isn't a role model complaining about how kids should choose role models?

No it isn't. Barkley himself said he isn't a role model.
It's attacking his history rather than his arguments.

So why the heck is a guy who isn't a role model complaining about how kids should choose role models?
That is not a contradiction. People who do not see themselves as role models can still have valid opinions about who should be a role model.

Visit Detroit or E St. Louis. (Those are my two experiences) you will find exactly what is described.

Back
Top Bottom