• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
I took a few liberties on the latest school based atrocity... that oddly didn't actually involve CRT or LGBT shit.

Uvalde, TX -- More people are dead, including several children, after an "active shooter" incident at Robb Fucking Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

There are conflicting reports on whether fucking suspect is also dead or has been apprehended.

Uvalde Memorial Hospital has confirmed to ABC News that two children died from presumed gunshot injuries in the incident, and presumably those two families will be fucking scarred for decades.

Additionally, 13 students were being treated in the hospital's emergency department in the wake of the incident, the hospital said. Two patients were transferred to San Antonio for treatment, while a third was pending transfer, the hospital said. A 45-year-old was also hospitalized after getting grazed by a bullet, the hospital said. Countless children will be scarred for years to come.

The NRA couldn't be reached for an opinion because they are busy dealing with insolvency.

The mass shooting, has become a right of passage in America, where a growing number of teenagers feel that if they haven't experienced at least one by graduation, it leaves them feeling diminished.

It is currently unknown when the next fucking mass shooting will occur in America. But don't worry, it'll fucking happen. And children will fucking die. And nothing will fucking change.

Are we having fun yet?

Around here it is not a dozen at a time, it is two or three. Random shootings mostky by teens and young adults.

Recently a car with four teens on their way to get ice cream had their car riddled with bullets while stopped at a red light. An apparent random shooting.

This has become somewhat routine around here. Random shooting, assaults, and stabbings s of people walking down the street. We had our building hit by bullets in a drive by shooting. We are used to hearing gunshots at night.

We had drive by shooting last night here. Apparently two cars shooting at one another. Thank you NRA for the Wild West craziness.

It seems this guy was on the run for murder and happened upon the elementary school. Sucks.

Reports I read said the murderer was an 18 year old student at the same school. The BBC is reporting 14 students killed along with a teacher. Lots of crocodile tears being shed.

In high school in the 60s a kid had blow up with a teacher. The next day he went up on the roof with a gun. The classroom I was in had an window angle to the roof and we had to go into the hall.

The kid shot himself in the head.

Stamford Ct. At the time pretty peaceful and quiet bedroom community for NYC.

In the day I would yake that event as isolated. Guns were a lot easier to get back then. Mail order no quetions asked.

I think our current problem is mostly cultural. Across all ages we are awash in movies, music, and video games where violence and killing is associated with masculinity. They are designed to make a teenage male's pecker stand at attention.

Look at the Fast And Furious movies. Adverting 101, repeated images make a connection in the brain.

In pop culture there no longer seems to be a dividng line between adolescent and adult behavior.

Reports I read said the murderer was an 18 year old student at the same school. The BBC is reporting 14 students killed along with a teacher. Lots of crocodile tears being shed.
It is a grammar school. They are looking to see if he had been a student when younger.

I think our current problem is mostly cultural.

I think it's genetic - a product of overpopulation-meets-technology.
I know a lot of people who will start in on the vast theoretical "carrying capacity" of the earth at the first mention of overpopulation. But my definition has nothing to do with carrying capacity. It's about sustainable quality of life.

Maybe that is a good point. Too many peoplke in too small a plce.

There are rats who if put in a crowded environment will turn on each other when the population reaches a certain level.

But what about Japan?

This shooting will probably fade from public consciousness even more quickly than Sandy Hook, which made a big splash. However, Texas is one of the worst states for gun fetishism, so the gun lobby will be able to bat down calls for new gun control legislation fairly easily. Almost all the politicians there brag about how good they are with guns.

This shooting will probably fade from public consciousness even more quickly than Sandy Hook, which made a big splash. However, Texas is one of the worst states for gun fetishism, so the gun lobby will be able to bat down calls for new gun control legislation fairly easily. Almost all the politicians there brag about how good they are with guns.
What is the point of new laws if the old ones are not enforced? It’s a straw man that conservatives don’t want to get illegal guns off the streets. But if local judges and prosecutors are lenient on criminals using guns, what do you expect? ACAB! Abolish prisons! Bail reform! Okay.

We had drive by shooting last night here. Apparently two cars shooting at one another. Thank you NRA for the Wild West craziness.
Yeah. Those were certainly NRA members.
Thanks to the NRA, here in Texas, nobody needs a license to carry a gun. Any punk can carry, and many do. So we get lots of road rage shootings,gang bangers shooting each other, and stupid people who's kids find a gun in mommie's purse and shoot mommie's or themselves.

Maybe that is a good point. Too many peoplke in too small a plce.

There are rats who if put in a crowded environment will turn on each other when the population reaches a certain level.

But what about Japan?
Or Hong Kong?

Population: 7,413,070 (2021 census)
Density: 6,801/km2 (17,614.5/sq mi)
Intentional homicide victims per 100,000 inhabitants: 0.3 (2020)

There are dozens of these in Hong Kong

Highrise-Building-in-Hongkong.jpg

Hong Kong and other dense population centers are good arguments for cultural differences.

It did used to be much easier to obtain a gun in the U.S. back when I was a kid. Are there statistics for gun deaths per 1000 from 1950 to today? That might be interesting.

Information on gun deaths over time

Just looking at the graphs it appears gun deaths per 100,000 hasn't changed much over the years.

Of course schools and young kids aren't flushed out in the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom