• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another "scientific method proving" god

funinspace

Don't Panic
Basic Beliefs
functional atheist; theoretical agnostic
Colorado Republican state Rep. Gordon Kilngenschmitt thinks he has a proof of god for Richard Dawkins:
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conte...tt-has-scientific-method-proves-existence-god
Now this is a scientific method. I'm giving you step A: you repent; step B: you believe; step C: you invite Jesus Christ to come into your heart as Lord and Savior. Follow that scientific method and I guarantee you will see Jesus Christ."

I'm not sure if he left out the part where you need to click your heels together 3 times or not....hum....

that word... I don't think it means what you think it means.

those 3 steps would better be described as a 12-step process.

tep A: you repent; step B: you believe; step C: you invite Jesus Christ to come into your heart as Lord and Savior. Follow that scientific method and I guarantee you will see Jesus Christ. -
Dude, NO ONE disputes that you and many other people believe in Jesus. Talking someone into self-hypnosis to also believe in Jesus is not the same as providing evidence FOR Jesus.

Lots of people believe in Buddha. And Allah. And lots of short, very short people believe in Santa Claus. A couple of nights ago, there were people on my doorstep that believe in ghosts and vampires and Spiderman and Ultron.

Can't be serious...then again, I have seen claims that are just as silly or sillier, yet the poster was being serious.

Colorado Republican state Rep. Gordon Kilngenschmitt thinks he has a proof of god for Richard Dawkins:
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conte...tt-has-scientific-method-proves-existence-god
Now this is a scientific method. I'm giving you step A: you repent; step B: you believe; step C: you invite Jesus Christ to come into your heart as Lord and Savior. Follow that scientific method and I guarantee you will see Jesus Christ."

I'm not sure if he left out the part where you need to click your heels together 3 times or not....hum....

In the words of Wolfgang Pauli, the hypothesis is not even wrong.

This is just more evidence that the popular understanding of what science is, how it works, and why it works, is very poor.

I bet that old-timey bit of yokel-ism got some solid cheers from the 80 and over crowd.

That's the kind of shit you hear from really old people.

Hey, you young whippersnappers aren't immune to that sort of thing. Idiocy knows no age boundaries.

:)

I'm 46. That's why when I read the OP, it took me back to my childhood when I would actually hear people my grandparent's age say things like that. If my grandparents were still alive they'd be around 100 years old now. It's in the same ballpark as needing a "Dose of Jesus" and "Don't get sassy boy, or I'll hit ya' where the Good Lord split ya."

Hey, you young whippersnappers aren't immune to that sort of thing. Idiocy knows no age boundaries.

:)

I'm 46. That's why when I read the OP, it took me back to my childhood when I would actually hear people my grandparent's age say things like that. If my grandparents were still alive they'd be around 100 years old now. It's in the same ballpark as needing a "Dose of Jesus" and "Don't get sassy boy, or I'll hit ya' where the Good Lord split ya."
Yeah, I'm sure many of the very old crowd are like you say.

However, Gordon Klingenschmitt is 47ish and his kind of evangelical crowd eat this shit up as well. And they have lots of 40+ year old whites in their evangelical groups including a large helping of my in-laws. I feel bad for their children as they have grown up in a rightwing, bigoted evangelical myopic world and so far seem to really believe their parents views as younger adults. They will have a tough time reconciling their views with where America is heading over the next 10-15 years; and they are already very angry young men with librals, immigrants, and lazy welfare people for messing up what should have been their privileged white life.

Dunno about Jebus, but if Gordon (I refuse to learn to spell his last name -- shit, it's as bad as Galifianakis), looks into his mirror and says Candyman 5 times, he'll learn more science than he'll like.

Just think Klingon-shit, and the spelling is close enough ;)

Back
Top Bottom