• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Another step towards answering the question of life's origins - religion

To denote the thread has been moved
Meanwhile, Lion, please respond to this post, which oddly, you have not done so far.
I believe I am on his ignore list, so he probably hasn't seen it.

I guess it's easier to have faith in bad ideas, if you refuse to even look at any counterarguments for which you have no pre-prepared rebuttal.

Are you actually asserting, without evidence, that humans cause brain cancer in children?

Yes. There's plenty of evidence that human activity causes cancer.

Since you seem unfamiliar with the science, here; www.who.int

- Smoking. (Apparently God didn't make us smart enough to know that setting fire to tobacco and deliberately inhaling the smoke isn't natural.)

- Over eating. (Listed in the bible under gluttony)

- Alcohol and substance abuse. (Who would have guessed?)

- Physical inactivity (Listed in the bible under sloth)

God arranged nature so that certain types of sin would cause cancer? Is that the claim?

No. That's not the claim.

What about non-sinners who get cancer?

I'm looking for the causes of cancer.
I don't argue that sin causes cancer.

Secret sins? Collateral damage? Revenge against sinful parents who died before they could be properly punished?

I don't think that.
There might be someone here who does.
You'd have to argue that with them.

Most atheists I know think the bible isn't persuasive and they don't believe there's an afterlife. (Stop worrying. God isnt real. Enjoy whatever you want.)

Did atheists actually tell you that atheism freed them from moral behavior?

Some have yes.
But atheists are a very diverse group with a variety of views about morality.
My point was that most don't accept the bible as authoritative and most don't think hell exists.

Do you think Christians are significantly more moral than non-Christians?

No. Because there are other religions which also hold that God is the moral law giver and acting morally is a core value. (Love God. Love your neighbour.)

Meanwhile, Lion, please respond to this post, which oddly, you have not done so far.

I guess it's easier to have faith in bad ideas, if you refuse to even look at any counterarguments for which you have no pre-prepared rebuttal.

I don't have anyone on ignore.

You have our arguments and questions on ignore...in a manner of speaking.

I wreathed an interview with the pope.

Completely and utterly self assured in his belief he is a moral authority over the world.

True believers will never consider anything contrary.

You and bilby are on the same list Rhea
You can see how I would get the opposite impression.

It's a weird objection when atheists whine about God of the gaps.

What they are saying is God shouldn't be used as a placeholder explanation for stuff that can't otherwise be explained by the scientific method.

But these are the same atheists who say the only thing that would convince them God exists, is if...WAIT FOR IT....they experienced...

"something which couldnt be explained by the scientific method."

One could just as easily say that since RNA could be created without divine intervention then score one for the evolutionists.

Theres that word AGAIN
Created.

...not a win for evolutionists IMHO
If an asteroid hits the Earth, and the impact forms a crater, the crater is created. It doesn't mean someone personally created the crater. Do you know how words work?

Also, rain can create slippery roads which can contribute to car accidents. I guess that's gawd's fault.

Edited because I accidentally posted a draft.

Last edited:
Do you know how words work?
Are you kidding?
There is exactly ONE thing that creos know how to work, and it’s WORDS.
Unfortunately they use them to work lies.
The above misconstructions of “create” are a typical example. “There’s that word again!” the creo gleefully proclaims. As if the use of the word “create” magically confers truth upon their superstition.

I’m going to go ‘create’ a beautiful breakfast now, of eggs, potatoes and toast, none of which I can produce ex nihilo.

Back
Top Bottom