• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anti-Vaxx, Level of Knowledge

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
We used to play this game during Radiation training. From the list of four basic types of radiation associated with nuclear weapons, "Eat one, hold one in your hand, put one in your pocket, and throw one away" to try to take the least amount of damage. Alpha won't penetrate skin, so hold that, beta won't penetrate clothes, etc. Then grade their choices to see if they'd paid attention during the lecture.

Anti-Vaxxers keep saying they read the list of ingredients of a vaccine and find objectionable materials.

Maybe we should offer them the (unlabeled) chemical breakdowns of things like a popsicle, suntan creme, battery acid, and a suppository.
Task them to play "Eat one, smear one on your skin, put one in your car engine, and shove one up your ass." Just from the chemicals contained in each.
See how they do.

There's one floating around--guy posts a list of chemicals and asks which of them would be bad.

Vaxidiot says all of them. Guy points out it's a list of ingredients of an apple. (Although it's actually incomplete.)

We used to play this game during Radiation training. From the list of four basic types of radiation associated with nuclear weapons, "Eat one, hold one in your hand, put one in your pocket, and throw one away" to try to take the least amount of damage. Alpha won't penetrate skin, so hold that, beta won't penetrate clothes, etc. Then grade their choices to see if they'd paid attention during the lecture.

I thought beta normally can't penetrate deep enough into the skin to reach the permanent layers--surface burn only. (Of course, if you have enough power behind it everything's dangerous. You wouldn't want to be in the beam of the LHC throwing alphas.)

There's one floating around--guy posts a list of chemicals and asks which of them would be bad.

Vaxidiot says all of them. Guy points out it's a list of ingredients of an apple. (Although it's actually incomplete.)

Yeah, seen that meme.
I want a bit more than good/bad, i want them making choices. And either admitting or making it fucking obvious that they're doing it at random cuz they know fuck all about the chemicals listed...

I thought beta normally can't penetrate deep enough into the skin to reach the permanent layers--surface burn only. (Of course, if you have enough power behind it everything's dangerous. You wouldn't want to be in the beam of the LHC throwing alphas.)

It's Navy training. We're not making them physicists, just trying to get them not to shit their pants when we report "background X is (or isn't) less than 1 times ten to the minus ninth micro micro curies per cubic meter."

Also, most α and β emitters also emit γ. Per unit energy absorbed, γ is less dangerous than others, but it is quite penetrating.

Maybe we should offer them the (unlabeled) chemical breakdowns of things like a popsicle, suntan creme, battery acid, and a suppository.
Task them to play "Eat one, smear one on your skin, put one in your car engine, and shove one up your ass." Just from the chemicals contained in each.
See how they do.
An engine would not do too well with battery acid in it, but, to be fair, I'd rather ruin an engine than my ass.

A questionnaire like this surely has to include something about the dangers of oxidane, right?

Those same people probably wouldn’t think twice about mouth-siphoning gasoline.

I would like that list please.

None of those are natural fruits or coffee beans.

They have undergone change directed by human intelligence.

They are artificial.

There doesn't need to be a list of ingredients, because whatever they specifically are, we don't know the "long-term health consequences" of injecting that sort of stuff. See... even when you supply them the info, that will be their answer. I mean sure, their MAGA leader suggested looking into injecting bleach (with the presence of a doctor) to deal with a COVID-19 infection, and we know that was a bad idea. But that isn't important. We simply don't know the "long-term health consequences". It has become a as dogmatic as a Catholic Mass.

I would like that list please.

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-chemicals-are-in-an-all-natural-banana-2017-6

Bunch more here: https://jameskennedymonash.wordpress.com/category/infographics/all-natural-banana-and-other-fruits/

Don't be put off by the page appearing to be in bird tracks, there's English down below.

There doesn't need to be a list of ingredients, because whatever they specifically are, we don't know the "long-term health consequences" of injecting that sort of stuff. See... even when you supply them the info, that will be their answer. I mean sure, their MAGA leader suggested looking into injecting bleach (with the presence of a doctor) to deal with a COVID-19 infection, and we know that was a bad idea. But that isn't important. We simply don't know the "long-term health consequences". It has become a as dogmatic as a Catholic Mass.

A vaccine is only in your body a short time.

There are no long term health consequences.

We have been using vaccines wide spread since polio.

There can be short term consequences, even death.

But merely giving the immune system the ability to see things has no long term health consequences.

Sometimes the immune system degrades and can't detect the foreign invader. That is the worst case scenario.

Auto-immune diseases are not related to vaccines.

Some forms of psoriasis are related to poison ivy exposure.

A vaccine is only in your body a short time.

There are no long term health consequences.

We have been using vaccines wide spread since polio.

There can be short term consequences, even death.

But merely giving the immune system the ability to see things has no long term health consequences.

Sometimes the immune system degrades and can't detect the foreign invader. That is the worst case scenario.

Auto-immune diseases are not related to vaccines.

Some forms of psoriasis are related to poison ivy exposure.

There can be long-term consequences to vaccines. Always a risk to consider.

Back
Top Bottom