• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Approval Jumps for the Be-wigged Orange Ape

Opoponax

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Apathetic Atheist
http://www.salon.com/2017/04/10/don...s-are-up-because-he-bombed-a-foreign-country/

Essentially, the article talks about how Trump's approval ratings are up because he bombed Syria. It's a solid jump into the 40s. Surely the thinking will be that if he get 7-10 points out of this limp show of strength, then a real war could get easily get him over 50%. North Korea or Bust. Or maybe Iran. Whatever boogeyman that haunts the closets of conservatives will work.

"A man of action" is what he's being called. Nevermind the mountain of shit he's in the process of creating that will not be undone with most of our lifetimes. He lobbed some missiles at a fucking airfield that was back up and running within hours, and dropping bombs on the place that had just been attacked with the chemical weapons. Therefore, decisive man of action with a big jump in approval ratings. It's naive to think, "Wait until Trump's shitstorm falls on his voters. Then they'll see the light." They absolutely will not see the light. Whatever bad happens to them will be either the sacrifice a good American must make and/or Obama/Pelosi/Schumer did it. Facts? Hypocrisy? Please.

I really thought Americans were slapped out of their stupor permanently following Bush and Cheney. Stupid me. Christ, what an easily duped group of people Americans are.

I really thought Americans were slapped out of their stupor permanently following Bush and Cheney. Stupid me. Christ, what an easily duped group of people Americans are.

Yes, this was the problem with your analysis. It's the same as if you have a conclusion which includes the phrase "... and people will have learned something from the Trump presidency".

The "liberal" media were acting like they were after the Congressional Address by Trump. The non-nation builders out there are supporting the action because... well... Obummer!

My trouble is less with the 59 tomahawk missiles, it is the clearly undefined foreign policy regarding Syria where random acts like this can't possibly help, unless foreign powers start desperately fixing things themselves out of fear of what Trump may escalate next.

In general, the moderates will support actions like this, especially when children are murdered. It is the American response.

It, the strategy, isn't posted because everybody knows 'mericans can't keep a secret nor can the free press resist publishing stuff. The only way for Trump's authoritarian impulse strategy to work is to do things from the top down and we, the citizens, should just shut up and pay for it.

Yes, this was the problem with your analysis. It's the same as if you have a conclusion which includes the phrase "... and people will have learned something from the Trump presidency".

Short of mass death or a second Great Depression coming to American shores, an overly large portion of Americans won't learn jackshit. At least not for very long anyway.

The "liberal" media were acting like they were after the Congressional Address by Trump.

You mean that whole insufferable fucking "Tonight, Trump became President" horseshit? As if giving the go ahead for a completely ineffective strike in a situation the U.S. can't fix somehow confers legitimacy on this orangey-faced fuckstick. I have to think the normal press is dying to be able to say something not bad about Trump because once a month, when he does something that isn't completely fucked up, they heap praise on him.

My trouble is less with the 59 tomahawk missiles, it is the clearly undefined foreign policy regarding Syria where random acts like this can't possibly help, unless foreign powers start desperately fixing things themselves out of fear of what Trump may escalate next.

This was either a) a one-off fart in the wind, or b) Trump's realization that he can get approval ratings by taking military action, which will then lead us into troops on the ground fun.

Short of mass death or a second Great Depression coming to American shores, an overly large portion of Americans won't learn jackshit. At least not for very long anyway.

I have absolutely no confidence that those would enable Americans to learn anything either.

I have absolutely no confidence that those would enable Americans to learn anything either.
George W. Bush and Obama oversaw efforts to help prevent the Second Great Depression. And the right-wing hated every moment of it, from W signing TARP completely against his party in Congress to stimulus efforts through Obama.

And those assholes had the dangling balls that reach the floor to say the economy was worse in '16 than in '08.

So learn? Fuck, they can't even perceive!

Probably true.

What I want to know is what kind of fucking nitwit can say, "I disapprove of the job Trump is doing" to "I approve of the job Trump is doing" just because he gave the go ahead to lob some missiles onto a largely empty airfield.

Probably true.

What I want to know is what kind of fucking nitwit can say, "I disapprove of the job Trump is doing" to "I approve of the job Trump is doing" just because he gave the go ahead to lob some missiles onto a largely empty airfield.

The American kind of nitwit. I gave up even trying to analyze what's behind your people's behavior last November.

http://www.salon.com/2017/04/10/don...s-are-up-because-he-bombed-a-foreign-country/

Essentially, the article talks about how Trump's approval ratings are up because he bombed Syria. It's a solid jump into the 40s. Surely the thinking will be that if he get 7-10 points out of this limp show of strength, then a real war could get easily get him over 50%. North Korea or Bust. Or maybe Iran. Whatever boogeyman that haunts the closets of conservatives will work.

"A man of action" is what he's being called. Nevermind the mountain of shit he's in the process of creating that will not be undone with most of our lifetimes. He lobbed some missiles at a fucking airfield that was back up and running within hours, and dropping bombs on the place that had just been attacked with the chemical weapons. Therefore, decisive man of action with a big jump in approval ratings. It's naive to think, "Wait until Trump's shitstorm falls on his voters. Then they'll see the light." They absolutely will not see the light. Whatever bad happens to them will be either the sacrifice a good American must make and/or Obama/Pelosi/Schumer did it. Facts? Hypocrisy? Please.

When ratings are low, just bomb someone. Your correct, the Americans were duped.
It would have been better to wait for the investigation into the gas attack while the US drags its poodle (UK) along and discusses the war with Russia.

When ratings are low, just bomb someone.

Cheato 101.
Again, we can only hope his ratings don't drop below 30% approval, or someone's gonna get vaporized.

Actually he's gone mainstream. If the US and Russia met and discussed this war, the peace talks would be in progress. I am willing to bet that the US is now driving more arms into the rebel forces (even if some of these are from Al Nusra).

Of course this is a chain reaction from the war which the US caused in the region. Now that there will be no peace talks so more people will be killed.

Meanwhile where is the investigation report into the Gas attack?
Why are the Americans not wanting to wait for this. Not a single report has been released yet.

I actually read the exact opposite. That approval was even lower because he was getting us further and further into a war that no one wants to be involved in and he was supposed to "put America first".

I actually read the exact opposite. That approval was even lower because he was getting us further and further into a war that no one wants to be involved in and he was supposed to "put America first".

No kidding, he's even making God bless the entire world now and not just America. That's not the Trump I voted against.

The war drums are beating pretty hard *on this very forum*, I mean, what did you expect from the typical American?

He's losing support among some of his ideologue followers, the sort that use the work "cuck" to describe "establishment" republicans. But that was always just a small, vocal group. Rather, the mass of his supporters are "normal", non-political people who for various reasons have felt increasingly desperate -- mostly because the economy has left them behind -- and those are the sorts who can be sold on almost any military action. Well, when Obama wanted to do something similar, the Republicans effectively messaged against it because, well, they opposed anything Obama wanted to do. The Dems are no-where near as effective at messaging, and besides, I think a lot of the Dems support it.

when Obama wanted to do something similar, the Republicans effectively messaged against it because, well, they opposed anything Obama wanted to do. The Dems are no-where near as effective at messaging, and besides, I think a lot of the Dems support it.

I think you are wrong. I think President Obama played the Republican congress on that one. The R's were screaming for President Obama to bomb Syria. They are always screaming for the US to bomb something. Trump, ironically, (he was a Dem at the time) was having a twitter storm saying NOT to bomb.

President Obama did, as he was supposed to do, put it before Congress, and those mealy-mouthed jackasses slunk away without voting on it because none of them wanted their names attached to the shit-mess of a third unwinnable war.

Trump, otoh, didn't take it before congress. He just did it.

when Obama wanted to do something similar, the Republicans effectively messaged against it because, well, they opposed anything Obama wanted to do. The Dems are no-where near as effective at messaging, and besides, I think a lot of the Dems support it.

I think you are wrong. I think President Obama played the Republican congress on that one. The R's were screaming for President Obama to bomb Syria. They are always screaming for the US to bomb something. Trump, ironically, (he was a Dem at the time) was having a twitter storm saying NOT to bomb.

President Obama did, as he was supposed to do, put it before Congress, and those mealy-mouthed jackasses slunk away without voting on it because none of them wanted their names attached to the shit-mess of a third unwinnable war.

True. I like to believe Obama did something like this, and indeed, he would have playing more than Republicans but also the hawks among the Dems. Indeed, it was his handling of Syria that led to the so-called "State Department Mutiny". A vindication of his policy in my eyes, because I think you could basically be safe by doing the opposite of what the State department wants.

I agree to a certain point. But the problem here is that the Republicans can't lose anymore. By that I mean that they can now officially deny reality without having to suffer blowback from it. Obama asked them permission to bomb Syria and they said no. Now they're saying that Obama was negligent in not taking military action. Without missing a beat, GOP voters say "Yep."

And I almost crashed my car last week while listening to Mitch McConnel on the radio excoriate the Democrats for being obstructionist on the Gorsuch nomination. The sheer scope, the balls, the gall, the shamelessness, the fucking everything of it all just about blew my head off. And within hours on conservative message boards, there it was, echoing like a rancid elephant fart, seemingly without any awareness of what had gone on with Merrick Garland (or the previous 8 years). And then the same shit is repeated on Limbaugh, Fox News, and all the other conservative media outlets.

When you don't have to be held to any standard except the one you create on a day to day basis, you can't lose.

Back
Top Bottom