• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are you racist?

It's the restrictive definition of 'power', solely along racial lines, that many posters have trouble with.

For example, a black magistrate could be systematically harsher to white defendants versus black defendants. Many people would say that her action is racially bigoted but not racism, because the judicial system and Washington is not run by black people.

Similarly, a city can have black people in all the major positions of power but nothing they can do is 'racist' because they don't have real power.

Similarly, a black HR manager could systematically be prejudiced against Asian applicants but because black people don't run all companies in America, what she's doing isn't 'racist'.

The social justice warriors don't want to let go of the rhetorical power of the word 'racism' as a weapon that can only be wielded against white people. But if the sentiment on this board is any indicator, they've lost that battle in the court of public opinion.

(Not the court of undergraduate campus opinion, obviously, where saying black people should not be excluded from having their actions described as racist, is a racist thing to say. And a microaggression).

Oh get off it. What you fear is that a black person in power would treat you as bad as you would treat a black person if you were in power. It is pure protection of your own wish to discriminate. Of course a non-white racist in power could abuse their power to discriminate whites. But... if that is bad thing why is not a bad thing the other way around? And although I can perceive such a thing possible I doubt there are serious real life examples. If there is one thing the implicit racist bias tests have learned is is that even black cops are more likely to shoot a black person than a white person.

Try to realize that losing privileges may feel like being discriminated against because indeed you are losing something you feel is a right. But it never was your right and blacks standing up for their rights and their voices to be heard are not discriminating you, they are not even addressing you unless you stand against justice.

If you wield the term "social justice warrior" as an insult that what the eff does that make you?

Oh get off it. What you fear is that a black person in power would treat you as bad as you would treat a black person if you were in power.

You don't know anything about me, and yet you're willing to proclaim I'd mistreat people based on their race?

It is pure protection of your own wish to discriminate.

So, I think people shouldn't discriminate by race and people who do discriminate by race should be called racists so I can discriminate?

Of course a non-white racist in power could abuse their power to discriminate whites. But... if that is bad thing why is not a bad thing the other way around?

Whoever imagined it wasn't?

And although I can perceive such a thing possible I doubt there are serious real life examples. If there is one thing the implicit racist bias tests have learned is is that even black cops are more likely to shoot a black person than a white person.

They're not 'implicit bias' tests. They are implicit association tests (IAT) and implicit association is not the same thing as bias.

Try to realize that losing privileges may feel like being discriminated against because indeed you are losing something you feel is a right. But it never was your right

Not being discriminated against by race is everybody's right.

and blacks standing up for their rights and their voices to be heard are not discriminating you, they are not even addressing you unless you stand against justice.

Once again you don't know anything about me or my beliefs and ideals.

If you wield the term "social justice warrior" as an insult that what the eff does that make you?

It makes me somebody with a functioning brain who refuses to accept unhinged echo chamber madness as discourse.

It makes me somebody who refuses to accept that my identity, rather than my arguments, is what determines how much attention I should be paid.

It makes me a man who can think for herself.

Why do obvious racists always rush to tell us we know nothing about them? It's those jackboots they wear, I expect.

It's the restrictive definition of 'power', solely along racial lines, that many posters have trouble with.

For example, a black magistrate could be systematically harsher to white defendants versus black defendants. Many people would say that her action is racially bigoted but not racism, because the judicial system and Washington is not run by black people.

Similarly, a city can have black people in all the major positions of power but nothing they can do is 'racist' because they don't have real power.

Similarly, a black HR manager could systematically be prejudiced against Asian applicants but because black people don't run all companies in America, what she's doing isn't 'racist'.

The social justice warriors don't want to let go of the rhetorical power of the word 'racism' as a weapon that can only be wielded against white people. But if the sentiment on this board is any indicator, they've lost that battle in the court of public opinion.

(Not the court of undergraduate campus opinion, obviously, where saying black people should not be excluded from having their actions described as racist, is a racist thing to say. And a microaggression).

Oh get off it.

The only thing you "get" is completely blinded by your dogmatic faith.

Of course a non-white racist in power could abuse their power to discriminate whites. But... if that is bad thing why is not a bad thing the other way around?
???? It is a bad thing the other way around, and none of the critics of the OP have implied otherwise. You are the only one advocating a hypocritical position of trumpeting or dismissing the harm of the same actions, depending on the skin color of the individual performing them.

And although I can perceive such a thing possible I doubt there are serious real life examples.

Thanks for so glaring proving my above point. Metaphor gave you several real life examples, and to deny that such situations exist requires a young-earth-creation level denial of fact and reason.

If there is one thing the implicit racist bias tests have learned is is that even black cops are more likely to shoot a black person than a white person.

The only thing that those "implicit racist bias tests" tell us is that they do not measure anything even correlated with actual racism. Also, you completely misrepresent the research of shooting studies your are referencing. The research shows no difference in cops tendency to shoot based on the race of the target, and this holds for both armed and unarmed targets.

From the research article:
[P]Police, however, showed no bias in their criteria. Moreover, they showed greater discriminability and a less trigger-happy orientation in general (i.e., for both
Black and White targets). These results seem to suggest that expertise improves the outcome of the decision process (increasing sensitivity and reducing the unwarranted tendency to shoot, particularly for Black targets)[/P]

In the field, black cops are more likely to shoot blacks because most those shootings have nothing to do with the race of the suspect, but rather whether the suspect is aggressive or armed, whether they resist detention, and whether the surrounding context is empirically associated with high levels of gun violence. This is why when these confounding factors are actually controlled for, such as in the linked research, the rates of being shot by cops is no different between blacks and whites.
But I'm sure that won't stop you from continuing to misrepresent this reality many times in the future.

Why do obvious racists always rush to tell us we know nothing about them? It's those jackboots they wear, I expect.

Please explain, for the audience at home, the evidence indicating I'm an 'obvious racist'.

:eating_popcorn:

In America, Blacks have never been treated worse than they deserved. The civil rights laws were imposed against the will of the majority. The ruling class despises and fears all other White people. Anti-racism has snob value; this degenerate movement has always been part of class warfare by the 1%.

The civil rights laws put things pretty much equal basis--of course the majority objected, they were benefiting from the inequality. Things have gone wrong since then because the anti-discrimination types can't accept that there was anything beyond discrimination going on.
You're running away from my main point, which is that this whole unrealistic equality movement is not the way it seems. The power elite who imposed it on us had only one purpose, the same purpose this oligarchy always had: to make the majority feel powerless in our own country. That will make us fatalistically submit to being powerless economically. Ever since Liberalism became anti-majority, the disparity in wealth between the ruling class and the ruled has increased tremendously. This has all been a puppet show in blackface. Realistic people know that racial equality is as silly as giving 10-year-olds the right to vote and drive a car. This whole Preppy Progressive agenda is chosen by how much it ignores majority opinion.

Only Those Who Believe in Birth-Class Supremacy Push the Absurdity of Racial Equality

Born-to-Rule snobs created this imaginary sin of "racism" in order to satisfy their desperate desire to feel superior to the majority of Whites. "Racism" should more accurately be called Realism or Adultism. The idea of natural racial equality is a sign of degeneracy and defies all evidence.

But it is not laughed as it would be in a free society. We are actually put on the defensive when stating the obvious. Therefore, those who believe in this fantasy must have unearned and overwhelming power to intimidate us from calling them out. Otherwise, we'd be allowed to treat them like the wackos they are and inhibit them from preaching such nonsense. Having gotten away with the biggest lie of modern times, they go on into further absurdities such as animal rights and perverts' rights.

We won't live free until the 1% live in fear. What would destroy their dominance most quickly would be if Whites blamed the whole upper class for turning loose Blacks on us. We have to quit being tricked by this united plutocratic scheme into only blaming the Limousine Liberals.

Oh get off it. What you fear is that a black person in power would treat you as bad as you would treat a black person if you were in power. It is pure protection of your own wish to discriminate. Of course a non-white racist in power could abuse their power to discriminate whites. But... if that is bad thing why is not a bad thing the other way around? And although I can perceive such a thing possible I doubt there are serious real life examples. If there is one thing the implicit racist bias tests have learned is is that even black cops are more likely to shoot a black person than a white person.

Try to realize that losing privileges may feel like being discriminated against because indeed you are losing something you feel is a right. But it never was your right and blacks standing up for their rights and their voices to be heard are not discriminating you, they are not even addressing you unless you stand against justice.

The thing is we have spent the last 40 years fighting white on black discrimination but we have been ignoring black on white--and now we have plenty of people who are actually encouraging it.

The civil rights laws put things pretty much equal basis--of course the majority objected, they were benefiting from the inequality. Things have gone wrong since then because the anti-discrimination types can't accept that there was anything beyond discrimination going on.
You're running away from my main point, which is that this whole unrealistic equality movement is not the way it seems. The power elite who imposed it on us had only one purpose, the same purpose this oligarchy always had: to make the majority feel powerless in our own country. That will make us fatalistically submit to being powerless economically. Ever since Liberalism became anti-majority, the disparity in wealth between the ruling class and the ruled has increased tremendously. This has all been a puppet show in blackface. Realistic people know that racial equality is as silly as giving 10-year-olds the right to vote and drive a car. This whole Preppy Progressive agenda is chosen by how much it ignores majority opinion.

You haven't shown that there was any good reason for discrimination.

You haven't shown that there was any good reason for discrimination.

It has to do with the inescapable fact that second and third generation rich people have problems tying their own shoes and need the support of an underclass to perform for them and keep them rich. Racism is just a handy tool for these people they can use when they want to and not use also when it suits them. The real problem is economic and political disparity based on wealth. Both of you guys seem to have an off hand racism that seems to support you and give you succor. You talk about things you think are important...like driving a car and imply that people of color are immature and should not be empowered like you are. ;)

Last edited:

Born-to-Rule snobs created this imaginary sin of "racism" in order to satisfy their desperate desire to feel superior to the majority of Whites. "Racism" should more accurately be called Realism or Adultism. The idea of natural racial equality is a sign of degeneracy and defies all evidence.

But it is not laughed as it would be in a free society. We are actually put on the defensive when stating the obvious. Therefore, those who believe in this fantasy must have unearned and overwhelming power to intimidate us from calling them out. Otherwise, we'd be allowed to treat them like the wackos they are and inhibit them from preaching such nonsense. Having gotten away with the biggest lie of modern times, they go on into further absurdities such as animal rights and perverts' rights.

We won't live free until the 1% live in fear. What would destroy their dominance most quickly would be if Whites blamed the whole upper class for turning loose Blacks on us. We have to quit being tricked by this united plutocratic scheme into only blaming the Limousine Liberals.

You just want to feel superior to somebody.

Please explain, for the audience at home, the evidence indicating I'm an 'obvious racist'.

:eating_popcorn:

Wait, you disagreed with him so you must be racist. QED.

It's really amazingly disgusting that people can sink this low.

Also quite common here.

Back
Top Bottom