• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ark of the Covenant Stolen

So you mean to tell me this thing I got from craigslist is not the Ark of the Covenant?
It does store socks well though...

The dirty dogs. Hopefully, the guards are ok. Indiana Jones will have to be called in. :)

The dirty dogs. Hopefully, the guards are ok. Indiana Jones will have to be called in. :)

Wasn't Debra Winger adorable in that movie? I would seriously ride the back of a German submarine across the Mediterranean Sea to rescue her.
OldMarion.jpg

Who did Debra Winger play? Must have been a bit role.

Karen Allen is photo'd above.

And yes, we need to remember WorldNetDaily (crazy ass right-wing news site) and WorldNewsDaily (still not sure what the fuck it is supposed to be) are not the same thing.

In other news, The Ark was discovered by some crack pot Ron Wyatt who took a couple really good blurry photos of it. But upon second look, seems like the website is stepping back from the claim now. I think Wyatt died a while ago (probably by those people with the funny hats in The Last Crusade). They no longer have the blurry photos.

Who did Debra Winger play? Must have been a bit role.

Karen Allen is photo'd above.

And yes, we need to remember WorldNetDaily (crazy ass right-wing news site) and WorldNewsDaily (still not sure what the fuck it is supposed to be) are not the same thing.

In other news, The Ark was discovered by some crack pot Ron Wyatt who took a couple really good blurry photos of it. But upon second look, seems like the website is stepping back from the claim now. I think Wyatt died a while ago (probably by those people with the funny hats in The Last Crusade). They no longer have the blurry photos.

I always get them confused. I love them both.

The article claims that they used a knock out gas on the guards. I thought knock out gas was a movie invention, and that our military in its research into non-lethal munitions had ruled out any sort of safe knock out gas. Yet here it is...

Is this whole article full of shit and a cover up? Or did they use an unsafe knock out gas...the article didn't mention fatalities.

The article claims that they used a knock out gas on the guards. I thought knock out gas was a movie invention, and that our military in its research into non-lethal munitions had ruled out any sort of safe knock out gas. Yet here it is...

Is this whole article full of shit and a cover up? Or did they use an unsafe knock out gas...the article didn't mention fatalities.

Yes the whole article is full of shit...it's satire. About the only true thing I can see in it that is true is that there is a Christian sect in Ethiopia that claims to have the Ark of the Covenant hidden away...

A few years ago, the Russians were faced with a hostage situation where some terrorists took over a movie theater full of people. The Russian pumped some kind of anesthetic gas into the theater and then stormed the place when everyone passed out. Quite a few hostages never woke up.

It's satire.

It's satire.

Not really; Satire is an untruth designed to make a humorous or political point; This seems to be fiction, rather than satire - unless they are making an in-joke that is hilarious or politically poignant to their target audience, but which is inscrutable to me as an outsider.

There seems to be a lot of fiction masquerading as satire these days. It is very similar to trolling - the aim is not to make people laugh or think, but simply to make them believe a falsehood, so that the originator can laugh at their error. It is the literary equivalent of tripping a stranger in the street so your friends can laugh at him for falling down - and it is the sort of thing most people realise isn't funny by the time they reach a double digit age.

It's satire.

Not really; Satire is an untruth designed to make a humorous or political point; This seems to be fiction, rather than satire - unless they are making an in-joke that is hilarious or politically poignant to their target audience, but which is inscrutable to me as an outsider.

There seems to be a lot of fiction masquerading as satire these days. It is very similar to trolling - the aim is not to make people laugh or think, but simply to make them believe a falsehood, so that the originator can laugh at their error. It is the literary equivalent of tripping a stranger in the street so your friends can laugh at him for falling down - and it is the sort of thing most people realise isn't funny by the time they reach a double digit age.
Satire or Fiction it's funny shit. I especially liked the Christ's blood part. And the colonoscope to find the Ark. How appropriate.

Last edited:
It's satire.

Seems to me like a very smart CYA move by the leadership of the Ethiopian Church.
It is highly likely that contrary to their contrived religious history propaganda BS they did not have The Ark and knew it. And knew that what they had long been passing off on the superstitious and ignorant rubes, was a fake that would never stand up under examination.
So concoct a cock and bull story about it being stolen, and the priesthood now can never be caught out on their bogus claims, and the faithful will never have their religious mythology shattered. Smooth move.

Back
Top Bottom