• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Armed black supremacists march in Indianapolis

I just read a newspaper account (https://fox59.com/news/man-charged-w...-bond-hearing/) and it says:

Fox59 said:
Witness statements claim a group of people approached Newby and his friend downtown that night. Some sort of an issue arose between them before Newby claims he was shoved from the back to the ground.

Who are these unnamed witnesses? People like Alijah Jones and Nakeyah Shields, Murrell's accomplices? By the way, Jones is also Murrell's half-brother.

So, Newby gets pushed to the ground, rolls over and shoots a person standing over him. That person was unarmed. Newby had no idea of Murrell was the person who pushed him (which is not a lethal threat justifying shooting someone or else half of us should have been shot in middle school) or whether he was there to attack him or to offer him a hand up.

Given that Murrell was part of a group that was on a robbing spree that night, and had killed one of their victims, Newby's spidey senses telling him his life was in danger were spot on. And as they say, it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Here's another article on this:

Chris Beaty homicide: 2 more suspects charged with murder in 'Mr. Indianapolis' killing

Indy Star said:
A grand jury indicted Alijah Jones, 24, and Nakeyah Shields, 20, on murder charges more than a year after Beaty was found dead about 11:45 p.m. on May 30, 2020. Police say Beaty was shot and killed as he walked through an alley near his apartment building, minutes after city officials say a robbery had occurred nearby.
Jones and Shields were also charged Tuesday with five counts of armed robbery and a count of attempted armed robbery for their alleged roles in the robberies and attempted robberies of six other people the same night.
The pair are not the first to be charged in Beaty's death. In December, 23-year-old Marcus Jayon Anderson was charged with murder, armed robbery and pointing a firearm for his suspected part in the shooting.
Anderson and Jones in August were charged with armed robbery and criminal confinement with a deadly weapon in connection to a robbery in a parking garage minutes before Beaty was shot.
[...]
Court records indicate Anderson, Jones, Shields and Dorian Murrell, 18, were involved in five robberies or attempted robberies, in addition to the alleged murder, within about 20 minutes, according to the prosecutor’s office.
Murrell was never charged — he was killed hours after the reported incidents.
The first robbery occurred about 11:23 p.m., when five suspects robbed a woman at gunpoint in a parking garage at 167 E. Vermont St., according to court records.
Surveillance footage from the time shows a man identified as Murrell hand a gun to Jones, who sticks the weapon in the woman's face as Murrell takes her purse, investigators said. Anderson can be seen opening the passenger door and holding the woman down.

Again, Newby's self-preservation instincts were spot-on that night. And if the jury is allowed to hear the truth about Murrell I am confident that Newby will walk. Unfortunately such facts are often excluded from trials. The lefty DA is already making claims how what Murrell did was irrelevant when nothing could be further from the truth. :banghead:

Yes, the New Black Panthers are bad guys. How many of them are there compared to groups like the Proud Boys etc?
There are enough of them to be able to organize these armed marches pretty often. Also, they are only one of several black extremist militias. Another example is NFAC that harbored Othal Wallace, the guy who shot a police officer in the face, and which has a compound not too far away from where I live (east corner of DeKalb County).
We should condemn all extremists, not just those that are white or on the right!

Oh, so apparently I was wrong. This is in fact apparently another "chaos, scary black man, good shoot", as regards a white shooter? I'm not really surprised. Just got the side of the pattern this one was on wrong. Something about having the OP on ignore will do that, I suppose.

Who are these unnamed witnesses? People like Alijah Jones and Nakeyah Shields, Murrell's accomplices? By the way, Jones is also Murrell's half-brother.

So, Newby gets pushed to the ground, rolls over and shoots a person standing over him. That person was unarmed. Newby had no idea of Murrell was the person who pushed him (which is not a lethal threat justifying shooting someone or else half of us should have been shot in middle school) or whether he was there to attack him or to offer him a hand up.

Given that Murrell was part of a group that was on a robbing spree that night, and had killed one of their victims, Newby's spidey senses telling him his life was in danger were spot on. And as they say, it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Here's another article on this:

Chris Beaty homicide: 2 more suspects charged with murder in 'Mr. Indianapolis' killing

Indy Star said:
A grand jury indicted Alijah Jones, 24, and Nakeyah Shields, 20, on murder charges more than a year after Beaty was found dead about 11:45 p.m. on May 30, 2020. Police say Beaty was shot and killed as he walked through an alley near his apartment building, minutes after city officials say a robbery had occurred nearby.
Jones and Shields were also charged Tuesday with five counts of armed robbery and a count of attempted armed robbery for their alleged roles in the robberies and attempted robberies of six other people the same night.
The pair are not the first to be charged in Beaty's death. In December, 23-year-old Marcus Jayon Anderson was charged with murder, armed robbery and pointing a firearm for his suspected part in the shooting.
Anderson and Jones in August were charged with armed robbery and criminal confinement with a deadly weapon in connection to a robbery in a parking garage minutes before Beaty was shot.
[...]
Court records indicate Anderson, Jones, Shields and Dorian Murrell, 18, were involved in five robberies or attempted robberies, in addition to the alleged murder, within about 20 minutes, according to the prosecutor’s office.
Murrell was never charged — he was killed hours after the reported incidents.
The first robbery occurred about 11:23 p.m., when five suspects robbed a woman at gunpoint in a parking garage at 167 E. Vermont St., according to court records.
Surveillance footage from the time shows a man identified as Murrell hand a gun to Jones, who sticks the weapon in the woman's face as Murrell takes her purse, investigators said. Anderson can be seen opening the passenger door and holding the woman down.

Again, Newby's self-preservation instincts were spot-on that night. And if the jury is allowed to hear the truth about Murrell I am confident that Newby will walk. Unfortunately such facts are often excluded from trials. The lefty DA is already making claims how what Murrell did was irrelevant when nothing could be further from the truth. :banghead:

So far, I haven't seen any account, not even the accounts of two different Fox News stations, attribute the crime spree to Murrell and his friends. I understand why you think this is so. I also understand why you believe that Newby was justified in killing an unarmed man because he had been pushed down. Just like I know without even looking it up what color of skin all of the names of the people you mention have.

Oh, so apparently I was wrong. This is in fact apparently another "chaos, scary black man, good shoot", as regards a white shooter?
Given that the dead guy (Murrell) and his buddies were out robbing people (killing one) makes them scary regardless of race. And they pushed the victim down. He then defended himself. Self defense - Newby should never have been charged and if not for present political climate, he would not have been.

In Derec's America, you shoot first & are asked no questions later. =

Small clarifications:

Not even close!
More like:

In Gospel and Toni's America, you can go around robbing people (killing one), if you are black.
In Gospel and Toni's America, you can't defend yourself against people robbing you, if you are white.

In Gospel and Toni's America, if a heavily armed group of extremists is marching, that's good and progressive, if they are black.
In Gospel and Toni's America, if a heavily armed group of extremists is marching, that's bad and fascistic, if they are white.

Yet, somehow, more black people than white are arrested, tried and convicted and imprisoned than are white people. Of course that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a lot of white people get a pass when caught in possession of a minor amount of pot or having expired tages, etc., Or that white people are less likely to be convicted and if convicted, receive lighter sentences for the same offenses than do black people. Starting in preschool.

Somehow, there's no problem to Derec with people shooting up elementary schools or night clubs or concert venues or movie theaters or burning churches...if you are white.

Somehow, Derec conveniently forgets that I'm not at all in favor of anyone armed with assault weapons, period, much less marching en masse throughout the streets of anywhere. It doesn't fit his narrative of how downtrodden and misunderstood and abused white men are.

So far, I haven't seen any account, not even the accounts of two different Fox News stations, attribute the crime spree to Murrell and his friends.
Huh? Read the article I posted. It is pretty explicitly spelled out, and it's not even Fox - it's the local Indy newspaper. Do you suffer the same reading comprehension problems as Patooka?

I understand why you think this is so.

I think so because I read it. I mean, the sentence "Court records indicate Anderson, Jones, Shields and Dorian Murrell, 18, were involved in five robberies or attempted robberies, in addition to the alleged murder, within about 20 minutes, according to the prosecutor’s office." is not that difficult to parse and comprehend.

I also understand why you believe that Newby was justified in killing an unarmed man because he had been pushed down.

Being pushed down by a group of people is an inherently threatening act. Newby was not the aggressor here. Murrell et al were. And Newby felt that his life was in danger, as it turns out quite rightly.

Just like I know without even looking it up what color of skin all of the names of the people you mention have.

You could tell that because New Black Panther Party was involved.
If Newby was black, or if Murrell was white, NBPP would hardly be marching on his behalf. They are not marching for Chris Beaty (killed by Murrell and his good time buddies) because that's just another black-on-black crime. :rolleyes:

We should condemn all extremists, not just those that are white or on the right!

Don't worry, nobody is accusing you of that. Now please excuse me whilst I harbour some black cop killers, something I have always advocated for.

They are both vile, racist ideologies. I do not know why you leftists are always so keen on defending black supremacists ...

(a) You've never provided a cite that BLM or other black activists are "black supremacists." Instead your prattle most resembles a 3rd-grader's "I'm rubber and you're glue."

(b) Domestic pro-Trump terrorism is now regarded as a far bigger threat to the U.S.A. than Islamism or any other type of terrorism. It isn't "liberals" saying that; it's hard-nosed analysts at places like FBI and some even have names like Bobby-Joe.

You're welcome.

Oh, so apparently I was wrong. This is in fact apparently another "chaos, scary black man, good shoot", as regards a white shooter?
Given that the dead guy (Murrell) and his buddies were out robbing people (killing one) makes them scary regardless of race.
Those are facts not in evidence. Mr. Murrell is a suspect in the robberies. Do you have a link where some witness said that Mr. Murrell or his buddies pushed Mr. Newby down?
[
He then defended himself. Self defense - Newby should never have been charged and if not for present political climate, he would not have been.
Shooting someone because you feel they will punch you ought to be crime in any civilized society. We don't know and Mr. Newby admits he does not know who pushed him down. It is possible that Mr. Murrell was looking to aid Mr. Newby.

You are confusing your fear and biases with fact here.

This whole argument is a case of whataboutism.

Whataboutism requires both examples to be even remotely equivalent. Comparing Black Supremacy and White Supremacy is bullshit with respect to frequency, harm caused and how much has been legitimised throughout history and society.

They are reasonably equivalent in vileness. They are very different in group size.

I just read a newspaper account (https://fox59.com/news/man-charged-with-murder-claims-self-defense-covid-19-delays-bond-hearing/) and it says:

Witness statements claim a group of people approached Newby and his friend downtown that night. Some sort of an issue arose between them before Newby claims he was shoved from the back to the ground.

Court documents indicate when he rolled over, a man later identified as Murrell, was standing over him. Newby stated he thought Murrell was going to start punching him. He fired one fatal shot, killing Murrell. Witness statements claim Murrell did not have a weapon on him at the time.

Court documents state right after Murrell was shot, Newby found a nearby reserve deputy and told that person he just shot someone. He then handed his handgun to the deputy, and he and the friend he was with went downtown to give a statement. Then, Newby was arrested.

Key: "A group of people". Weapons don't need to be involved if there is a sufficient disparity of force.

He's down and believes he's about to receive a beating from a group of people. If that holds up, it's legitimate self defense.

Shooting someone because you feel they will punch you ought to be crime in any civilized society. We don't know and Mr. Newby admits he does not know who pushed him down.

Doesn't matter who pushed him. The group is responsible for the actions of the group.

And you're mischaracterizing it--it's not the fear of being punched which, as you say, isn't a valid reason to shoot, but the fear of a beating, which is a valid reason to shoot.

It is possible that Mr. Murrell was looking to aid Mr. Newby.

You are confusing your fear and biases with fact here.

This doesn't pass the laugh test.

They are both vile, racist ideologies. I do not know why you leftists are always so keen on defending black supremacists ...

(a) You've never provided a cite that BLM or other black activists are "black supremacists." Instead your prattle most resembles a 3rd-grader's "I'm rubber and you're glue."

(b) Domestic pro-Trump terrorism is now regarded as a far bigger threat to the U.S.A. than Islamism or any other type of terrorism. It isn't "liberals" saying that; it's hard-nosed analysts at places like FBI and some even have names like Bobby-Joe.

You're welcome.
It's actually cited in the OP. And if you read the linked article, it links to a SPLC piece on the New Black Panther Party (again, disavowed by the more well-known one), I'll conveniently link to it here:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/new-black-panther-party

Shooting someone because you feel they will punch you ought to be crime in any civilized society. We don't know and Mr. Newby admits he does not know who pushed him down.

Doesn't matter who pushed him.
Of course it matters. Neither we or Mr Newby knows who pushed him.
Loren Pechtel said:
The group is responsible for the actions of the group.
So if the shooting victim was coming to his aid, then the whole group was innocent?

Loren Pechtel said:
And you're mischaracterizing it--it's not the fear of being punched which, as you say, isn't a valid reason to shoot, but the fear of a beating, which is a valid reason to shoot.
If you bothered to read the reports, Mr Newby said he was worried he was going to be punched. Do you have a link to a report with different information or are you saying you know what Mr Newby was thinking while he did not.

Loren Pechtel said:
The group is responsible for the actions of the group.
So if the shooting victim was coming to his aid, then the whole group was innocent?

Loren Pechtel said:
If you bothered to read the reports, Mr Newby said he was worried he was going to be punched. Do you have a link to a report with different information or are you saying you know what Mr Newby was thinking while he did not.

Worried about "being punched" in a case like this is worrying about a beating.

Worried about "being punched" in a case like this is worrying about a beating.
Do you have any evidence that your interpretation of Mr. Newby's words are correct?

This whole argument is a case of whataboutism.

Whataboutism requires both examples to be even remotely equivalent. Comparing Black Supremacy and White Supremacy is bullshit with respect to frequency, harm caused and how much has been legitimised throughout history and society.

They are reasonably equivalent in vileness. They are very different in group size.

Which makes it deflection, not whataboutism.

Back
Top Bottom