• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Barton: The Founding Fathers Opposed The Theory Of Evolution, Which Was Established In 500 B.C.

Even if the U.S. founding fathers had rejected evolution as a falsehood, they would have simply been wrong.
I wonder if Barton thinks that slavery should still be allowed, based on what the founding fathers agreed upon?

Even if the U.S. founding fathers had rejected evolution as a falsehood, they would have simply been wrong.
I wonder if Barton thinks that slavery should still be allowed, based on what the founding fathers agreed upon?

Good eye, even if that one was right over the plate.

Everything he said and wrote is a work of fiction created by the atheists in on the conspiracy to prevent the USA from becoming a true Christian nation.

Maybe so, but in Jefferson's time, the church was an arm of the Government. At the time of the Revolution, every minister was born and educated in Britain. Their natural loyalty was to the King, as head of the Church of England. They were known to be Loyalists and suspected to be spies. Churches of all denominations, even the Presbyterians, Congregationalists and Baptists were tax supported. Jefferson and many other founding fathers repeatedly warned of religious influence in government and saw all as threats to their concept of liberty.

Modern Religious Conservatives have been skilled revisionist historians, with little more evidence than the few performatory prayers recorded from the time, such as George Washington at Valley Forge. The substance of the prayer is not known and the report of the prayer was made nearly 40 years after the fact. The famous painting of the event dates to 1976. Never let a good story go to waste.

I was being sarcastic. My reply was mocking the standard conspiracy theorists rebuttel of saying that they too were in on the conspiracy.

Slavery is illegal because of the attack on our freedoms by the politically correct. They used reverse racism and played the race card to make us all less free! Now the government restricts our freedom to own humans because the PC police are all communists who hate our freedoms! Freedom isn't free! :cheeky:

Back
Top Bottom