• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden's Border Wall

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Biden is using Trump era funds to continue building a border wall. Biden says he had no choice, the funds were allocated and had to be spent, and his border wall policy has nit changed. He campaigned on never building a wall.

Sounds live Trump double speak. Ideological polarization that [rents practial solutions to problems.

There has been a media shift away form 'undaunted immigrants' back to 'illegal immigrants'. There is hope for rationality to prevail, however small.

My guess he is getting push back from mayors and governors on both sides overwhelmed by the migrants.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Thursday defended his administration’s decision to waive 26 federal laws in South Texas to allow for construction of roughly 20 miles of additional border wall, saying he had no choice but to use the Trump-era funding for the barrier to stop illegal migration from Mexico.

Asked if he thought such walls work, he said flatly, “No.”

The new construction was announced in June, but the funds were appropriated in 2019 before the Democratic president took office. Biden said he tried to get lawmakers to redirect the money but Congress refused, and the law requires the funding to be used as approved and the construction to be completed in 2023.

Democrats …
Biden’s monotonous, droning, barely understandable utterances are such a glaring contrast to Trump’s high energy, over-enunciated stupidity, it virtually guarantees a 2024 loss, regardless of the content of either’s speech.
And that is a perfect analogy for Dems’ handling of issues - especially the economy. Their ability to unthinkingly put their worst foot forward is unparalleled in the history of American politics AFAIR.

I suggest that either Ford or myself (or anyone else with on-air training and experience) should be appointed to dub the soundtrack to anything Biden wishes he could say. His stuff is as excellent as his delivery is bad, and it’s a stinking shame.

This country is going down with a muffled, barely audible, indistinct whimper.

Democrats …
Biden’s monotonous, droning, barely understandable utterances are such a glaring contrast to Trump’s high energy, over-enunciated stupidity, it virtually guarantees a 2024 loss, regardless of the content of either’s speech.
The Democrat Party didn't nominate Biden out of the blue. He was selected in a series of primaries, in which most of us weren't enamored with him as the selection. The people that did vote for him in the primaries helped him go over in states like Arizona and Georgia (in addition to the whole Roe v Wade thing).
And that is a perfect analogy for Dems’ handling of issues - especially the economy. Their ability to unthinkingly put their worst foot forward is unparalleled in the history of American politics AFAIR.
The problem is America is suffering from local state austerity... and the alternative option is whining about how bad things are are, yet that alternative is running a majority of the state Governments... and their solution is more state austerity. But the GOP is real good at selling this message that their failed economic policies are the solution to the lesser than great economic realities many Americans are faced with.

the GOP is real good at selling this message
Yeah - they can say it loudly, clearly and with inflection. That’s all it takes to win the day against someone who sounds like they’re choking on a baseball-sized wad of cotton balls.

From what I was reading on thw border wall issue - Biden is stuck between excoriating Trump for trying to default on spending what the Dem congress appropriated - calling it a terrible wrong that the president tried to subvert the will of the people through inaction - and doing it himself, thus making the next president able to oops-never-got-around-to-it-veto the will of the people.. And in that situation biden decided to follow the rule of law, and use the money congress appropriated in the way they appropriated it, and set a precedent that the President does not have the right to line-item veto the congress whenever he feels like it.

So I hate that, and there’s further arguments that he could have slowewd it down and done shenanegans. But I can’t hate him for upholding the rule of law. Let’s get a better congress rather than breaking democracy.

And I’ll be happy to dub Biden!

From what I was reading on thw border wall issue - Biden is stuck between excoriating Trump for trying to default on spending what the Dem congress appropriated - calling it a terrible wrong that the president tried to subvert the will of the people through inaction - and doing it himself, thus making the next president able to oops-never-got-around-to-it-veto the will of the people.. And in that situation biden decided to follow the rule of law, and use the money congress appropriated in the way they appropriated it, and set a precedent that the President does not have the right to line-item veto the congress whenever he feels like it.

So I hate that, and there’s further arguments that he could have slowewd it down and done shenanegans. But I can’t hate him for upholding the rule of law. Let’s get a better congress rather than breaking democracy.
We would all be better off if politicians, of what ever hue or stripe, would think about what the consequences of their words/actions would be 10 years down the track rather than thinking only 2 weeks ahead.

Back
Top Bottom