• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden's Crusade Against Solar Panels and Electric Vehicles

Why is it bad for China to produce electric vehicles and solar panels?

• Because it diverts needed resources away from their production of fentanyl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything made in China is crap, by definition, however good it might be otherwise.

• Clean energy technology is only an illusion if it's produced in China.

• We should trust Biden's experts who calculate that China is producing too much clean technology.

• If both Biden and Trump agree on this, it must be true.

• If it causes job loss to one American, it has to be bad, no matter what.

• Mistreating Uighurs obviously caused China to produce too much solar panels and EVs.

• The U.S. President should decide how much of any product another country may produce.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • U.S. labor unions should decide what China may produce and how much.

• America cannot be made great again unless China cuts its production of solar panels and EVs.

• Total voters
Random info dump: Seeing a Tesla Cybertruck in the wild is rare, but when I do, it looks like I'm running a high-fidelity video game on a low-end PC. The visual assets haven't fully loaded yet.
I saw two of them get in accident last week. :D It was like a live-action Tron sequel.

Those things are incredibly heavy. I would hate to be in anything other than a Tesla or a vehicle with equivalent safety ratings if struck by a Cybertruck. I'm surprised there hasn't been a fatality yet, but I suppose the high price range likely reduces the chances of it being in less responsible hands. It's also incredibly nimble for its size—I test-drove one. I literally couldn't feel the difference between a sedan and that truck, except for the awareness that it's enormous.

Those things are incredibly heavy. I would hate to be in anything other than a Tesla or a vehicle with equivalent safety ratings if struck by a Cybertruck. I'm surprised there hasn't been a fatality yet, but I suppose the high price range likely reduces the chances of it being in less responsible hands. It's also incredibly nimble for its size—I test-drove one. I literally couldn't feel the difference between a sedan and that truck, except for the awareness that it's enormous.
Their guts may have gotten a bit scrambled, but I must admit, I saw no obvious damage to either vehicle.

As for "less responsible hands", they seem to be attracted to Teslas like flies to honey.

Back
Top Bottom