• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden's executive orders on Day 1

Is it 4 million people will lose jobs?
Or 4 million jobs will be lost?

Because if somdone is working three jobs to survive, and two jobs fold, but the third becomes a survivable wage, losing two jobs there is actually an improvement. One commute, one uniform, no need to read a 3x5 card to know how to answer the phone at this particular hour....

When a company splits one full time job into 2-3 part time jobs, are they creating jobs? No. They are not. They are splitting one job and being shittier to each of the three workers than they could have ever been to the one. They are turning one job into three shit jobs.

When the society shifts in such a way that these jobs get recombined into a full position, it is similarly not the loss of a job, it is the improvement of a job moreso than even the sum of it's parts combined.

To use any other kind of calculus to represent it is straight up wrong. These are not "whole" jobs but fractional jobs with an "shit component" to them. So not only do you get the same work out, you get less shit when they recombine to whole positions.
Well, yeah.
That's why i asked, is this estimate 4 million people suddenly on Unemployment, or 4 million for-lack-of-a-better-word-"jobs" that represent work that still needs to get done, but not under quite as shitty terms? Maybe by one person over a week rather than 4 people without benefits?

Another consideration is when was that job loss projection made, and haven't many of those jobs been lost already? It isn't just part time jobs being consolidated, it is also low wage workers being replaced with automation, and that automation becoming cheaper and more efficient. Those jobs will be lost to automation sooner or later anyway. Automation efforts are increasing under COVID, and I would imagine that a good many of those 4 million jobs have already been shed because of the pandemic.

Also, fuck Rand Paul. He doesn't care about black teens, he doesn't care about blacks, he doesn't care about teens, he only cares about what he thinks will win him the next election.

Another consideration is when was that job loss projection made, and haven't many of those jobs been lost already?

Well, Rand made it a direct consequence.
During an interview with Fox host Sean Hannity, Paul alleged that a minimum wage increase would put 4 million people out of work.
So, ACCORDNG TO RAND, this isn't pandemic, or automation, but directly the result of the minimum wage. I would just like to know if there's anything behind this number.

I mean, it's Rand, so i doubt it, but when slightly more advance life forms bring this up, i want to know how that works.

Another consideration is when was that job loss projection made, and haven't many of those jobs been lost already?

Well, Rand made it a direct consequence.
During an interview with Fox host Sean Hannity, Paul alleged that a minimum wage increase would put 4 million people out of work.
So, ACCORDNG TO RAND, this isn't pandemic, or automation, but directly the result of the minimum wage. I would just like to know if there's anything behind this number.

I mean, it's Rand, so i doubt it, but when slightly more advance life forms bring this up, i want to know how that works.

Well, he said it on Hannity, so it has to be true, I will just take my objections and go home.

J/K, putting Hannity and Paul together and expecting anything that results to mirror reality is a futile endeavor.

Biden Repeals Union-Busting Executive Orders
He also appointed union officials to lead the FLRA, OSHA, and Wage & Hour division

On Thursday, Biden signed an order to direct OSHA to establish a temporary safety standard for COVID-19, a top priority of the AFL-CIO. On Friday, he followed that up by taking action on a top priority for federal unions; repealing Trump’s anti-union Executive Orders.

As UCOMM previously reported, in 2018 Trump issued a number of orders that severely limited federal unions' ability to protect their workers, subverted collective bargaining agreements, and even kicked some locals out of their offices in federal buildings. Then in October, Trump signed an order that created a new job classification within the government’s career civil service called Schedule F for “employees in confidential, policy-determining, policy-making or policy-advocating positions,” and called on agencies to identify and convert eligible employees to the new classification. Employees whose positions were converted to Schedule F lost nearly all of their civil service protections and could be fired without cause. It would also have allowed Trump to place his supporters in positions within the government, although it is unclear if anyone was appointed before he left office.

Biden’s Executive Orders would rescind both the Schedule F order and the orders from 2018. “[Biden] is taking critical steps to protect and empower federal employees, who dedicate their careers to serving the American people,” the White House wrote. “They keep us healthy, safe and informed, and their work transcends partisan politics . . . They are talented, hard-working, and inspiring Americans, worthy of the utmost dignity and respect. But over the last four years, they’ve been undermined and demoralized. The president will sign an executive order taking steps to protect and empower federal employees who are so essential to this country.”

Back
Top Bottom