• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bjorn Lomborg, electric cars, Prager "University"

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
[YOUTUBE]hwMPFDqyfrA[/YOUTUBE]

Seeing anything on Prager "university" should be a giant red flag in and of itself. Any YouTube channel that calls itself a university in order to add credibility to their 5 minute videos is simply not to be taken seriously, but I've heard a lot of conservatives citing Bjorn Lomborg, so it's worth talking about his claims, however idiotic.

It really depends where you live, and where you get your electricity from. Electric cars are FAR better than petrol powered cars if you live in Sweden, France, or Ontario, for example; And rather worse than petrol if you live in Queensland, New South Wales, Poland, or Estonia.

If you don't know whether an electric or a gasoline car is more CO2 intensive where you live, then you could just assume electric is better (you will be right slightly more often than you are wrong if you do this); Or you could look up the actual CO2 emissions per kWh in your grid, at a site such as:

https://www.electricitymap.org/

...and make an informed choice.

As a Queenslander, I am confident that my petrol driven car does less harm to the environment than an electric car powered from the local grid would do. However if my efforts to lobby for less coal and more nuclear, wind and solar power were effective, that could change dramatically in the future.

It really depends where you live, and where you get your electricity from. Electric cars are FAR better than petrol powered cars if you live in Sweden, France, or Ontario, for example; And rather worse than petrol if you live in Queensland, New South Wales, Poland, or Estonia.

If you don't know whether an electric or a gasoline car is more CO2 intensive where you live, then you could just assume electric is better (you will be right slightly more often than you are wrong if you do this); Or you could look up the actual CO2 emissions per kWh in your grid, at a site such as:

https://www.electricitymap.org/

...and make an informed choice.

As a Queenslander, I am confident that my petrol driven car does less harm to the environment than an electric car powered from the local grid would do. However if my efforts to lobby for less coal and more nuclear, wind and solar power were effective, that could change dramatically in the future.

The focus really should be on Bjorn's bad arguments. If you get into any arguments with climate change deniers, Lomborg is the popular "it" boy right now that gets cited a lot.

Not a fan of Prager, his people and his organization.

Saw him at an event I worked once, oily son a bitch. Total scumbag. But the christcucks lap it up. Fucking chosenite.

Back
Top Bottom