• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bod McColluch, Darren Wilsons "prosecutor" in the case about Michael Brown.

"Some" equals 3 plus Wilson. Meanwhile seven others specifically stated Michael Brown was surrendering, and 12 others said he had turned around or was walking back but not "charging" - 1 of those witnesses even very specifically said “I didn't get the impression of a charge because it wasn't fast enough to be a charge.”

So, we have 19 saying Michael Brown did NOT charge, and only 3 claiming he did.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/ferguson-witnesses/

I suggest we use a bit of critical thinking here. Don't just take a cherry-picked media summation as gospel. Think for yourself. For example, the witness who supposedly saw the encounter from an apartment porch, who said hands were up and Brown did not charge, later in the same sworn testimony admitted that this testimony was based primarily on assumptions, things heard in the media, and the autopsy report rather than personal observation. Good grief.

If you don't like the information provided, then provide your own sourced linked un-biased information instead of trying to be insulting.

In the meantime, no matter what any witness says or doesn't say, there is no question that Michael Brown was at least 25 feet away fro Officer Wilson, was already shot with bullets, had his hands up, yet was still shot and killed. There was no reason for Michael Brown to be killed.

THINK FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

Good grief indeed :rolleyes:

It is very important to note that what I am placing under scrutiny here is Wilson's choice to aim at Brown's head which could only cause a FATAL wound at a time Brown was already wounded several times and I maintain could not be "charging" towards Wilson.

He likely was not aiming at Brown's head. He was likely aiming at Brown's body and it was when Brown fell forward that he was hit in the head. If I recall correctly the head wound was an entry wound at the top of his head, which implies he was falling at the time of being hit by that bullet. And to those who would suggest that he was hit in the top of the head because he was charging at Brown's head with his head down I would suggest that they try doing that -- running forward at full speed while bent forward at the waist.

Except that Wilson himself said that he aimed at the head. From the grand jury testimony:
Darren Wilson said:
His hand was in a first at his side, this one is in his waistband under his shirt, and he was like this. Just coming straight at me like he was going to run right through me. And when he gets about that 8 to 10 feet away, I look down, I remember looking at my sites and firing, all I see is his head and that's what I shot.

I suggest we use a bit of critical thinking here. Don't just take a cherry-picked media summation as gospel. Think for yourself. For example, the witness who supposedly saw the encounter from an apartment porch, who said hands were up and Brown did not charge, later in the same sworn testimony admitted that this testimony was based primarily on assumptions, things heard in the media, and the autopsy report rather than personal observation. Good grief.

If you don't like the information provided, then provide your own sourced linked un-biased information instead of trying to be insulting.

In the meantime, no matter what any witness says or doesn't say, there is no question that Michael Brown was at least 25 feet away fro Officer Wilson, was already shot with bullets, had his hands up, yet was still shot and killed. There was no reason for Michael Brown to be killed.

THINK FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

Good grief indeed :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. Were you aware that the page you linked to further links to the specific testimony cited? It's not hidden or anything. But if you really need me to give you a link I erroneously presumed (my bad) you already knew of, here you go: http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1371088-grand-jury-volume-16.html#document/p60

So now Michael Brown is not only a demon and the Incredible Hulk, but also a grizzly bear, the abominable snow man and the snow beast from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer? Tell me, is he ever to be thought of as a human being and citizen?

Magical Negro

Brown is Grendel and Wilson is Beowulf

I thought Magical Negroes were supposed to be helpful ...

what about wilson being thought of as a perpetrator? is that too hard to ask?

And you're ok with that scenario? An officer gunning down an unarmed man walking towards him?

In a case like this where the hostile intent has been demonstrated, yes. At sufficiently close range an "unarmed" attacker can take your gun away and use it against you. If they're adequately trained they have nearly a 100% chance of doing this successfully.

Here is an article that says that the blood spatter will go about a maximum of 4 feet. So the blood 25 feet or so away means that he came came that 25 feet. How long does it take the cover 25 feet running compared to a supposed phased walk back?

http://www.twlk.com/Law/tests/LETN1600008ct.pdf

Thank you. I was finding a lot of things that discussed patterns, I found nothing about range for forward splatter.

Closing 20' on an attacker that has already shot you is clearly a threat unless you were doing it at their orders.

Except that Wilson himself said that he aimed at the head. From the grand jury testimony:
Darren Wilson said:
His hand was in a first at his side, this one is in his waistband under his shirt, and he was like this. Just coming straight at me like he was going to run right through me. And when he gets about that 8 to 10 feet away, I look down, I remember looking at my sites and firing, all I see is his head and that's what I shot.

Well, he certainly wasn't aiming at *the top* of Brown's head. It's clear that shot entered his head when Brown was falling forward. I believe it is nearly impossible to charge forward with your face facing the ground. Furthermore, I don't hold Wilson's testimony to be unbiased, so I can't take what he says as automatic truth. We have no idea where he was aiming, we only know what he hit.

Back
Top Bottom