• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bombshell: Opposition research memos (not yet substantiated) discuss compromising Russian info on Trump

4Chan Claims To Have Fabricated Anti-Trump Report As A Hoax

In a story that is getting more surreal by the minute, a post on 4Chan now claims that the infamous "golden showers" scene in the unverified 35-page dossier, allegedly compiled by a British intelligence officer, was a hoax and fabricated by a member of the chatboard as "fanfiction", then sent to Rick Wilson, who proceeded to send it to the CIA, which then put it in their official classified intelligence report on the election.

Here is 4Chan's explanation of how the story came to light:

That doesn't make any sense. Where are your critical faculties? The source of the story came from the company paid to do this research by opponents of Trump. The CIA then, at a later date, obtained these research memos and mentioned them, briefly, in a classified report to key senate officials, Obama, and Trump. There is no dispute about this. Buzzfeed even released the actual research memos. This article claims the CIA created this story which is false because we know it came from the research memo (dated June 2016).

Furthermore, the actual contents of the classified CIA report are unknown. To make a claim that " the CIA concluded the info was to be used to blackmail Trump." is an outright lie, given that the report has not been revealed to the public (it is classified, duh).

This doesn't mean that the research memo is true and credible. Just that this article you posted is demonstrably false.

The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.

Think he was desperately acting batshit insane in the hope that the american population would not vote him in?

edit: and that is one tape I'd never hope to see one second of :eek:

That doesn't make any sense. Where are your critical faculties? The source of the story came from the company paid to do this research by opponents of Trump.
So you say
Just that this article you posted is demonstrably false.
Demonstrate it with something that is not just an assertion.

Your article claims the story came from a classified CIA report (a report not available to the public, so how can anyone know what it says and what it concludes?), yet it is demonstrably from the research memo in the 35 page collection of research memos you yourself linked to, on page 2, and the information itself was corroborated by source E (a staff member - presumably at the hotel) and also source F (a female staffer at the hotel during Trump's stay). Sources also include a former Russian intellgience officer and "several knowledgable sources." - Page 1.

Do you even bother to read the things you link to?

4Chan Claims To Have Fabricated Anti-Trump Report As A Hoax

In a story that is getting more surreal by the minute, a post on 4Chan now claims that the infamous "golden showers" scene in the unverified 35-page dossier, allegedly compiled by a British intelligence officer, was a hoax and fabricated by a member of the chatboard as "fanfiction", then sent to Rick Wilson, who proceeded to send it to the CIA, which then put it in their official classified intelligence report on the election.

Here is 4Chan's explanation of how the story came to light:

View attachment 9450

This is plausible to have some of the aspects to have happened.

Rick Wilson talked about lurking (posting - concern trolling?) a lot in the past on the 4chan and 8chan /pol/ boards.

If some post that is very similar to this was on /pol/ it is probably archived and autistic /pol/tards are on the job. Godspeed and Deus Vult!

I give it 80-20% chance it came from 4chan vs 8chan, respectively. If it indeed did happen and can be traced.

It was a part of secret part of the CIA&Co report. Why was it made secret?
And why Hillary sat on it? Is it because it had no substance?

I don't quite understand what you are getting at. These memos were mentioned as part of a classified report (two pages out of a much longer report) provided to senate intelligence committee and Obama and Trump. Are you asking why they were mentioned as part of a classified report?
Yes, I am asking why this did not go into public version of it.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at. These memos were mentioned as part of a classified report (two pages out of a much longer report) provided to senate intelligence committee and Obama and Trump. Are you asking why they were mentioned as part of a classified report?

As has been reported multiple times in every article about the matter, there is insufficient substantiation for the allegations. Even the media sat on it for months. Note that insufficient/weak substantiation does not mean zero substantiation.

The intelligence officials wanted to make the top government officials aware of the existance of the memos since there are many serious people taking the allegations seriously. The reason it is being taken seriously is because the former British intelligence official whose company produced the memos has credibility within the intelligence community, a reputation which this individual presumably wishes to maintain. It's why serious people were willing to pay big bucks for the research in the first place.

I read through the archived 4chan thread and it seems like someone is claiming that he sent Rick Wilson the same story he went with a while ago. But I don't see evidence yet. Trying to follow a 4chan thread is a headache.

- - - Updated - - -

As has been reported multiple times in every article about the matter, there is insufficient substantiation for the allegations. Even the media sat on it for months. Note that insufficient/weak substantiation does not mean zero substantiation.

The intelligence officials wanted to make the top government officials aware of the existance of the memos since there are many serious people taking the allegations seriously. The reason it is being taken seriously is because the former British intelligence official whose company produced the memos has credibility within the intelligence community, a reputation which this individual presumably wishes to maintain. It's why serious people were willing to pay big bucks for the research in the first place.

How much money did the CIA spend vetting the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

I read through the archived 4chan thread and it seems like someone is claiming that he sent Rick Wilson the same story he went with a while ago. But I don't see evidence yet. Trying to follow a 4chan thread is a headache.

Once again, the claim makes zero sense. The 4chan post says it was sent to a government official who then sent it to the CIA who then ran with it. This is demonstrably false as the story originated in a memo produced by an opposition research company, paid for by private parties, produced in June 2016 run by a former British intelligence officer using alleged Russian sources, _not_ the CIA.

The only part where the CIA enters into the picture is to inform top government officials about the existance of these memos and that the allegations are circulating among government agencies and journalists.

So, we were led to believe that classified version contained all the actual proof. Now it turns out classified version contains even less substantiated data than the public version.

So, we were led to believe that classified version contained all the actual proof. Now it turns out classified version contains even less substantiated data than the public version.

The classified version contains zero proof and no one is claiming otherwise. All it did was reveal the existance of the allegations, the origin of the allegations, and the fact that some serious people are taking them seriously, meaning that they merit further investigation, in their opinion.

Where are you getting your info from?

Once again, the claim makes zero sense. The 4chan post says it was sent to a government official who then sent it to the CIA who then ran with it. This is demonstrably false as the story originated in a memo produced by an opposition research company, paid for by private parties, produced in June 2016 run by a former British intelligence officer using alleged Russian sources, _not_ the CIA.

The only part where the CIA enters into the picture is to inform top government officials about the existance of these memos and that the allegations are circulating among government agencies and journalists.

I think that they are saying it was given to Rick Wilson and then Buzzfeed published it. As with many 4chan things it very well may be a lie.

This is a post from the current thread:
REEEEEEEE

WE STILL DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL COMMENT ABOUT THE ANON TROLLING. ALL THESE COMMENTS ARE JUST TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE DID IT

FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT

funny stuff.

This is from Buzzfeed:

C12Y_RvXcAAVKKH.jpg

response from NYT:

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 12.22.05 AM.png

The classified version contains zero proof
Really? I thought you said it contained the proof which convinced 99 senators.
and no one is claiming otherwise. All it did was reveal the existance of the allegations, the origin of the allegations, and the fact that some serious people are taking them seriously, meaning that they merit further investigation, in their opinion.

From you.

I think that they are saying it was given to Rick Wilson and then Buzzfeed published it. As with many 4chan things it very well may be a lie.

This is a post from the current thread:
REEEEEEEE

WE STILL DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL COMMENT ABOUT THE ANON TROLLING. ALL THESE COMMENTS ARE JUST TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE DID IT

FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT FIND IT

funny stuff.

This is from Buzzfeed:

View attachment 9451

But the memo alleging that particular story is in the same presentation/format as all the other memos in that 35 page document. Not a single journalist is making the claim that the source of any if these memos is from the CIA. So are we to believe that the CIA falsified this one memo (after obtaining info from an admitted fake source), made it into the exact presentation/format as the other memos, and then leaked the entire set of memos, with their falsified memo included? And the originating company and the original groups who paid for the research remained silent on the matter of a falsified memo, circulating around along with the other memos, claiming to come from the same research company as all the other memos? Really? I've never heard of anything more absurd. Well, OK, maybe the Morman religion is slightly more absurd.

I am not saying anything about the CIA. This is about how Buzzfeed is cancer.

The classified version contains zero proof
Really? I thought you said it contained the proof which convinced 99 senators.
and no one is claiming otherwise. All it did was reveal the existance of the allegations, the origin of the allegations, and the fact that some serious people are taking them seriously, meaning that they merit further investigation, in their opinion.

From you.

What in the world are you talking about? Please quote me. It seems like you are getting your threads confused. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the basis for intelligence community consensus in Russian interference in US elections and cyber warfare allegations. That is based on something completely separate.

Back
Top Bottom