• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bonespur's Approval By The US Military

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
President Donald Trump’s approval rating among active-duty military personnel has slipped over the last two years, leaving today’s troops evenly split over whether they’re happy with the commander in chief’s job performance, according to the results of a new Military Times poll of active-duty service members.

About 44 percent of troops had a favorable view of Trump’s presidency, the poll showed, compared to 43 percent who disapproved.

The results from the survey, conducted over the course of September and October, suggest a gradual decline in troops’ support of Trump since he was elected in fall 2016, when a similar Military Times poll showed that 46 percent of troops approved of Trump compared to 37 percent who disapproved. That nine-point margin of support now appears gone.

During that same period, the number of neutral respondents has dwindled from almost 17 percent to about 13 percent, suggesting political polarization inside the military community has intensified in recent years.

3VOYRDE25BAUZJ36AFEEFS7HJ4.png

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/10/15/support-for-trump-is-fading-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/

Much more in the link below.

President Donald Trump’s approval rating among active-duty military personnel has slipped over the last two years, leaving today’s troops evenly split over whether they’re happy with the commander in chief’s job performance, according to the results of a new Military Times poll of active-duty service members.

About 44 percent of troops had a favorable view of Trump’s presidency, the poll showed, compared to 43 percent who disapproved.

The results from the survey, conducted over the course of September and October, suggest a gradual decline in troops’ support of Trump since he was elected in fall 2016, when a similar Military Times poll showed that 46 percent of troops approved of Trump compared to 37 percent who disapproved. That nine-point margin of support now appears gone.

During that same period, the number of neutral respondents has dwindled from almost 17 percent to about 13 percent, suggesting political polarization inside the military community has intensified in recent years.

View attachment 18943

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/10/15/support-for-trump-is-fading-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/

Much more in the link below.

Just a technical note:

As of today, his name is no longer Bonespur.
His new name is Bonesaw.

I have found it very difficult to distill me views of him to just one word.

"Lying evil dogshit" is the shortest I description I've come up with.

Fragilego Mussolini.

I had liked Mango Mussolini, but that was supplanted by Cheeto Benito.

I also like Narcissistic Boob (rather the the obvious Flaming Asshole), although I do have reservations that I might be slandering boobs.

Moose

I going to go out on a limb here and guess that a lot of military people are rural, religious, and supportive of relaxed gun laws.

I going to go out on a limb here and guess that a lot of military people are rural, religious, and supportive of relaxed gun laws.

Yeah, but that can apply to Americans in general.

The GOP has claimed the military as its own for so long, and always promises them the moon. So if you were an employee of a company, and there were two guys vying for job of Head Honcho, and one of those guys was offering to give the employees more, who would you want to win?

If Americans were asked who supports the military more, most would say the GOP does. That's complete bullshit, particularly given the facts of the past 17 years or so, but that's the common perception. So it makes sense that military personnel would vote Republican for the most part because they do that crazy thing where they vote what they perceive to be their best interests. The fact that they were sent into a war in Iraq with no post-war plan, inappropriate equipment, were undermanned, and were killed and wounded in the tens of thousands due to gross mismanagement and a shocking lack of foresight by a Republican administration doesn't seem to occur to them. But hey, assholes back home with no skin the game were able to slap "Support the Troops" stickers on their cars and vote Republican, so it's all good.

I remember when the right screamed like little girls at Bill Clinton for drawing down the military so much. Never mind that it saved us billions, possibly over a trillion dollars because the Soviets were dick-down in a ditch and we didn't need that big of a military anymore; dammit, that commie whoremonger and his hippie wife were endangering 'Murica! And since then, conservatives have been willing to pipeline as much money to the armed forces as possible.

I call him the "New York City Slicker" that outsmarted all the cowpokes.

You mean all those Texans who were duped into voting for him? Or those idiot farmers who are still buying his "pain now, gain later" bullshit?

Elixir said:
You mean all those Texans who were duped into voting for him? Or those idiot farmers who are still buying his "pain now, gain later" bullshit?
basically.

Back
Top Bottom