• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bowling Green not a "gaffe", but subliminal propaganda?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Some people scoff at Kellyanne Conway. I look at her with great fear. She has her pulse on the public and the media and is a skilled manipulator.

The opening claim, 'no one covered that Iraqis were involved in Bowling Green massacre' has now morphed into a 'the media doesn't report terrorism much anymore because it is so "prevalent".

article said:
Later Monday, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said ‘‘the real point here is that these terrorists attacks are so pervasive at this point that they do not spark the wall-to-wall coverage they once did.’’

‘‘If you look back just a few years ago, any one of these attacks would have been ubiquitous in every news outlet, and now they’re happening so often -- at a rate of more than once every two weeks, according to the list we sent around -- that networks are not devoting to each of them the same level of coverage they once did,’’ she said.
So what is this? They are painting a narrative, a very live narrative. People are listening because the Bowling Green "gaffe" got people listening. And now they are telling Americans there is so much danger (78 attacks globally in 28 months). Sure, in perspective, that number really isn't that high, from historical standards, but in trying to gain support for Muslim bans and the laws to follow.

Kellyanne Conway is really good at trying to appear pragmatic, or at least appeal to people's pragmatic, though naive or ignorant side. She wants them to think, OMG! 78 attacks, in 28 months?! That is a lot, maybe this ban thing is a good idea after all, until at least we get a better vetting plan (of which there is no new vetting plan).

Occam's Razor tells us simplicity is a better assumption, that nefariousness should rarely be concluded when incompetence is more likely. But this list of 78 attacks, either the White House used the gaffe as an opportunity, or the gaffe was never actually a gaffe, and the message they were feeding was 'don't rely on the media'.

She's ignorant and not capable of much more than kissing Trump's ass and massaging his ego.

This Bowling Green massacre was a story passed around in right-wing alternative facts circles.

She believed it.

She is a very very stupid woman.

She's ignorant and not capable of much more than kissing Trump's ass and massaging his ego.

This Bowling Green massacre was a story passed around in right-wing alternative facts circles.

She believed it.

This very very stupid woman got Trump elected President. You are terribly underestimating her.

This new 78 attacks, the media doesn't cover due to the prevalence of terrorism is too cozy with Bowling Green, to not be a piece of a larger puzzle.

She believed it.

This very very stupid woman got Trump elected President. You are terribly underestimating her.

This new 78 attacks, the media doesn't cover due to the prevalence of terrorism is too cozy with Bowling Green, to not be a piece of a larger puzzle.

Winning an election in the present day US has no connection to intelligence.

In fact intelligence is a hindrance in these know-nothing times.

I'd say that the Bowling Green gaffe, was exactly what it appeared to be 'a gaffe'. Conway seems pretty good at damage control and working to put the best Trump shit covered foot forward. But she isn't the great Houdini. Her 'alternative fact' quick fix blew up in her face as well.

I'd say this bashing the media with these 78 underwear attacks, is part of the administration's attempt to get the non-Muslim Muslim ban back on track. Attack the media is standard Trump, as well as standard Repug methods. They are also trying to jack up the scary boogieman factor to try and get those indy voters to start to start saying Trump is doin a good job. I think that even the administration realizes that if his ratings stay shitty, or Zeus forbid get worse, Trump World won't have as much traction in DC...

I'd say that the Bowling Green gaffe, was exactly what it appeared to be 'a gaffe'. Conway seems pretty good at damage control and working to put the best Trump shit covered foot forward. But she isn't the great Houdini. Her 'alternative fact' quick fix blew up in her face as well.

I'd say this bashing the media with these 78 underwear attacks, is part of the administration's attempt to get the non-Muslim Muslim ban back on track.
It isn't as much an attack. What they are saying is that terrorism is so common, that the media doesn't even cover some of them. In other words, 'be afraid, be very afraid'. That'd be some remarkable spin on a gaffe.

She believed it.

Yes, people give too much credit to these clowns, it was a gaffe and nothing else.

I'd say this bashing the media with these 78 underwear attacks, is part of the administration's attempt to get the non-Muslim Muslim ban back on track.
It isn't as much an attack. What they are saying is that terrorism is so common, that the media doesn't even cover some of them. In other words, 'be afraid, be very afraid'. That'd be some remarkable spin on a gaffe.
I don't think the Bowling Green gaffe that didn't help, and yesterday's '78 attacks' message are related at all, other than both are part of the administration's attempt to shift the focus on the Muslim Ban debate. The gaffe was a fuster cluck, and yesterday's whining about the under coverage of terrorist attacks, was a new salvo in their Muslim Ban PR battle. Of course they are trying to use fear to influence opinions... Basically, I'm saying that you are over thinking this.

Some people scoff at Kellyanne Conway. I look at her with great fear. She has her pulse on the public and the media and is a skilled manipulator.

The opening claim, 'no one covered that Iraqis were involved in Bowling Green massacre' has now morphed into a 'the media doesn't report terrorism much anymore because it is so "prevalent".

article said:
Later Monday, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said ‘‘the real point here is that these terrorists attacks are so pervasive at this point that they do not spark the wall-to-wall coverage they once did.’’

‘‘If you look back just a few years ago, any one of these attacks would have been ubiquitous in every news outlet, and now they’re happening so often -- at a rate of more than once every two weeks, according to the list we sent around -- that networks are not devoting to each of them the same level of coverage they once did,’’ she said.
So what is this? They are painting a narrative, a very live narrative. People are listening because the Bowling Green "gaffe" got people listening. And now they are telling Americans there is so much danger (78 attacks globally in 28 months). Sure, in perspective, that number really isn't that high, from historical standards, but in trying to gain support for Muslim bans and the laws to follow.

Kellyanne Conway is really good at trying to appear pragmatic, or at least appeal to people's pragmatic, though naive or ignorant side. She wants them to think, OMG! 78 attacks, in 28 months?! That is a lot, maybe this ban thing is a good idea after all, until at least we get a better vetting plan (of which there is no new vetting plan).

Occam's Razor tells us simplicity is a better assumption, that nefariousness should rarely be concluded when incompetence is more likely. But this list of 78 attacks, either the White House used the gaffe as an opportunity, or the gaffe was never actually a gaffe, and the message they were feeding was 'don't rely on the media'.

You give too much credit to an incompetant who gave her adversaries a name for her government's BS: "Alternative facts"

This is a retrospective fuck-up on the level of 'Teh Deplorables.'

I don't think the Bowling Green gaffe that didn't help, and yesterday's '78 attacks' message are related at all, other than both are part of the administration's attempt to shift the focus on the Muslim Ban debate. The gaffe was a fuster cluck, and yesterday's whining about the under coverage of terrorist attacks, was a new salvo in their Muslim Ban PR battle. Of course they are trying to use fear to influence opinions... Basically, I'm saying that you are over thinking this.
The message was the same, though. In the Bowling Green claim, she said the media didn't cover it. Now they are expanding on that saying there were several dozen attacks and the media isn't reporting it. They are telling people you can't trust the media.

The message was the same, though. In the Bowling Green claim, she said the media didn't cover it. Now they are expanding on that saying there were several dozen attacks and the media isn't reporting it. They are telling people you can't trust the media.
I don't recall you reflexing like that over Psaki & calling russians subhumans debacle.

I don't recall you reflexing like that over Psaki & calling russians subhumans debacle.
The Trump Admin is telling the American people to ignore "The Media" because "The Media" can't be trusted to safeguard our lives. They are starting to make the W Admin look like amateurs.

The Trump Admin is telling the American people to ignore "The Media" because "The Media" can't be trusted to safeguard our lives. They are starting to make the W Admin look like amateurs.
And Obama administration was OK with referring to russians as subhumans.

And Obama administration was OK with referring to russians as subhumans.
A tad bit off topic here, seeing this is about the White House trying to convince people that the Fourth Estate should not be trusted, meaning we should accept the Admin's interpretation of the world and read into their "alternative facts".

Feel free to complain about being denigrated by a previous Press Secretary as being subhuman in another thread.

She believed it.

She is a puppeteer pulling the paranoid strings of Trump's base. They have been playing the "It didnt get covered" card a lot. It is a calculated action on their part to repeat the altfacts from the altright and then insist that we haven't heard these 'real facts' before because 'the corrupt media' hides them. It is an act to reinforce the followers' isolation from reality and increase the attachment to the alternative facts. Limbaugh is playing along with his rants about fact checkers and insistence in hertofore unreported 'facts' such as that there was no immigration to the US for several decades in the mid 20th century and that media and schools hide that fact from Americans...

Of course I think that Limbaugh is a true believer that spews the press releases handed to him by Heartland Institute and company. He likely believed his bit about immigration just like he believes all the crap he has spewed about science from ozone/cfcs, sulfur/acid rain, etc...

Maybr Conway is a believing string and not a puppet master. But her words are calculated manipulation of Trump's base in either case.

She believed it.

Yes, people give too much credit to these clowns, it was a gaffe and nothing else.

I dont agree. Her concluding the Bowling Green remarks with "It didnt get covered" fits a greater theme as opposed to it being a one-off word substitution.

Her insistance that people hadnt heard about it because the media hadnt covered it indicates that she meant to say what she said.

I dont agree. Her concluding the Bowling Green remarks with "It didnt get covered" fits a greater theme as opposed to it being a one-off word substitution.

Her insistance that people hadnt heard about it because the media hadnt covered it indicates that she meant to say what she said.

Nah - they simply retrofit her idiocy to their new "the media never covers terrorist attacks" mantra.

Nah - they simply retrofit her idiocy to their new "the media never covers terrorist attacks" mantra.
But the mantra was attached to the original message.

She believed it.

She is a puppeteer pulling the paranoid strings of Trump's base. They have been playing the "It didnt get covered" card a lot. It is a calculated action on their part to repeat the altfacts from the altright and then insist that we haven't heard these 'real facts' before because 'the corrupt media' hides them. It is an act to reinforce the followers' isolation from reality and increase the attachment to the alternative facts. Limbaugh is playing along with his rants about fact checkers and insistence in hertofore unreported 'facts' such as that there was no immigration to the US for several decades in the mid 20th century and that media and schools hide that fact from Americans...

Of course I think that Limbaugh is a true believer that spews the press releases handed to him by Heartland Institute and company. He likely believed his bit about immigration just like he believes all the crap he has spewed about science from ozone/cfcs, sulfur/acid rain, etc...

Maybr Conway is a believing string and not a puppet master. But her words are calculated manipulation of Trump's base in either case.

These tactics are not new to Trump.

They are old fashion totalitarian tactics.

Attack other sources of "information" besides your own as somehow defective to get people to stop trusting them.

Yes it works with many Americans.

But this idiot, who I repeat has no other talent than the ability to kiss Trump's ass with a straight face, is no mastermind for doing it.

But the mantra was attached to the original message.

I think that it emerged from the original lie. There are very few false statements that Cheato's Bannon's minions might make that can't be subsequently made to conform to another set of lies they've been telling.

Back
Top Bottom