• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Boy Who Went to Heaven Recants

“LifeWay was informed this week that Alex Malarkey has retracted his testimony about visiting heaven as told in the book “The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven.” Therefore, we are returning to the publisher the few copies we have in our Stores.”

The kid who made it up has the last name Malarkey. It doesn't get any better than that!

:laughing-smiley-014

Boy Says He Didn't Go To Heaven; Publisher Says It Will Pull Book

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...go-to-heaven-publisher-says-it-will-pull-book
Nearly five years after it hit best-seller lists, a book that purported to be a 6-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after being injured in a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

The book's publisher, Tyndale House, had promoted it as "a supernatural encounter that will give you new insights on Heaven, angels, and hearing the voice of God."

But Thursday, Tyndale House confirmed to NPR that it is taking "the book and all ancillary products out of print."

The decision to pull the book comes after Alex Malarkey wrote an open letter to retailer LifeWay and others who sell Christian books and religious materials. It was published this week on the Pulpit and Pen website.

“LifeWay was informed this week that Alex Malarkey has retracted his testimony about visiting heaven as told in the book “The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven.” Therefore, we are returning to the publisher the few copies we have in our Stores.”

The kid who made it up has the last name Malarkey. It doesn't get any better than that!

:laughing-smiley-014

Great minds think alike...

I was waiting for the movie.
Well, this just means they can take greater liberties with the source material.

"Starring Liam Neeson, as a father whose daughter's soul is in the afterlife prematurely. But even Death won't stop a man with a particular set of skills....and faith. Taken 4: Heaven Is Real."

Last edited:
I now await It Was All The 'Shrooms: Revelations Was a Drug Trip. 1st Century manuscript where John confesses to eating Amanita muscaria and none of the Book of Revelations was real.

Eldarion Lathria

His last name is Malarkey. People didn't see this coming? Sheesh.
They usually don't when they come early.
The God Delusion: No is U Led Dog By Dick Dawkins: Skinwad Kid
and DNA Evolution : No it U Love studded by Dr. Dick's Kin Wad

Gonna grab my skinwad and have a good time. :cheeky: Well, at least until I can avoid evolutionary biology when I do the ole dick dockins in a beautiful woman (who am I kidding? I'm a fuggly beast, and all right with it).

This kid is different from the Heaven is for Real book.

That kid was named "Burpo".

I see signs in that name too.

Expect a recant in the future where the kid blames early alcohol exposure.

BTW, where are all the narratives from atheists who were resuscitated or refibrillated and came back with wild visions of Satan and succubi and watching Darwin and Ingersoll getting stuck with glowing pitchforks?

This kid is different from the Heaven is for Real book.

That kid was named "Burpo".

I see signs in that name too.

Expect a recant in the future where the kid blames early alcohol exposure.

Burpo? Wasn't that the alcoholic Marx Brother? He was always too drunk to perform.

Eldarion Lathria

BTW, where are all the narratives from atheists who were resuscitated or refibrillated and came back with wild visions of Satan and succubi and watching Darwin and Ingersoll getting stuck with glowing pitchforks?

The ones that really make Christians irritated are the people who weren't raised Christians have NDIs and seeing THEIR gods. Apparently there are also reports of NDIs from ancient days - or so said one book I read - and yup, the ancients saw their own gods too.

The ones that really make Christians irritated are the people who weren't raised Christians have NDIs and seeing THEIR gods. Apparently there are also reports of NDIs from ancient days - or so said one book I read - and yup, the ancients saw their own gods too.
So, NDI's don't prove there are gods, but they do prove that if there are gods, they have no sense of humor.

I mean, if i knew Falwell was visiting my afterlife on a day pass, i think it'd be a moral imperative to greet him as Thor... "And then he tapped the skeleton of his goat on the forehead and brought it back to life! And then, i Swear, he tapped ME on the forehead and i woke up on the operating table, with the surgeon saying 'thank God,' and i said 'No, thank Thor, idiot!' True story!"

Also, isn't the Near Death Experience with the sneak preview of heaven an indictment of god's IQ or at the very least, his induction center bureaucracy? Are these celestial ass-clowns just going with an earthly 'We lost him' call from the intern? They're going with man's standard of no pulse/no heartbeat? They let you in, even though you don't belong? I guess they can't tell the future, either. What do they say to you as the doctors on earth suddenly pick up your vital signs -- 'Hey, you -- asshole -- get the fuck out of here, you're not dead yet. Yes, YOU. Nice try, dickhead.' (I just picture the seraphim as cussing everyone out because they have status and, really, who's going to talk back? They'd be the NCOs of heaven.)

Also, isn't the Near Death Experience with the sneak preview of heaven an indictment of god's IQ or at the very least, his induction center bureaucracy? Are these celestial ass-clowns just going with an earthly 'We lost him' call from the intern? They're going with man's standard of no pulse/no heartbeat? They let you in, even though you don't belong? I guess they can't tell the future, either. What do they say to you as the doctors on earth suddenly pick up your vital signs -- 'Hey, you -- asshole -- get the fuck out of here, you're not dead yet. Yes, YOU. Nice try, dickhead.' (I just picture the seraphim as cussing everyone out because they have status and, really, who's going to talk back? They'd be the NCOs of heaven.)

"All those newly deceased, take one step forward"
"Sir, yes sir!"
"Not so fast Perkins, you 'orrible little man; Get back in line! And don't you ladies dare call me 'Sir'; I fucking work for a living. It's 'Yes, Drill Seraphim!', or I'll have you scrubbing the pearly gates with a toothbrush!"

Also, isn't the Near Death Experience with the sneak preview of heaven an indictment of god's IQ or at the very least, his induction center bureaucracy? Are these celestial ass-clowns just going with an earthly 'We lost him' call from the intern? They're going with man's standard of no pulse/no heartbeat?

Nah- it's just when your consciousness collapses down to the molecular level. You take a bit of that back to topside with you when you're booted back up, because your whole brain wasn't shut down.

Normally, there are checks and balances to keep your consciousness focused topside, or keep you from having glimpses of the molecular level bliss (don't want to discourage the large scale workers about the ease of the molecular level life), the whole oxygen-dep thing breaks down the normal walls of consciousness in your brain.

Doesn't happen when you are asleep because your brain still functions to prevent your consciousness from collapse down to molecular level.

At least it's an interesting story... I wonder how many people would work hard at life if they knew that everything was bliss at the molecular level?

Back
Top Bottom