• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Brandon's losing the plot

The OP is a hoot - someone complaining about President Biden losing something that they could never identify.

There, there. You're discounting, or even misrepresenting the meme of which TSwizzle is so very very proud: Calling Biden by the name "Brandon."

This is a witticism that many 5th-grade bullies would be proud of. TSwizzle probably now thinks the repetition of this precious meme makes him the envy of sixth-graders all across the nation. The content, if any, of TSwizzle's posts is not his particular prowess. It's the 3-word memes he's so proud of that dazzle us with their ingenuity. "Rapture like cult"* is another one; but I'm sure this clever man has 1 or 2 other short pieces of exquisite poetry I've missed.

* - The "rapture" posts are often accompanied with useful information about Santa Monica weather. How's the weather there today, Swizz? Unaffected by Hurrirapture Ian?

The OP is a hoot - someone complaining about President Biden losing something that they could never identify.
Well,  someone is losing the plot, I think. That's the important part, right?
Which is worse - someone who has the plot and loses it or the person who never got the plot in the first place?

BREAKING NEWS: Human makes human error.

Good thing Trump never made such a mistake. He'd be skewered by the people in this thread. I'm sure that up-and-comer Frederick Douglass can attest to that, right Fred? Fred, where are you?
That's a hell of an error.
Is it though?

Or is it one of these "tan suit" moments. There's so little controversy or plagues of dumb shit happening every day like the previous administration that a big deal has to made out of minor gaffes? Maybe if he was as ridiculous as Trump every single day we wouldn't notice the small things anymore. Right, Frederick? Fred, please stand up... Where are you?

Yeah, we get the occasional gaffe from the President with a speech impediment, instead of the guy bragging about acing a basic competency test.

There, there. You're discounting, or even misrepresenting the meme of which TSwizzle is so very very proud: Calling Biden by the name "Brandon."

This is a witticism that many 5th-grade bullies would be proud of. TSwizzle probably now thinks the repetition of this precious meme makes him the envy of sixth-graders all across the nation. The content, if any, of TSwizzle's posts is not his particular prowess. It's the 3-word memes he's so proud of that dazzle us with their ingenuity. "Rapture like cult"* is another one; but I'm sure this clever man has 1 or 2 other short pieces of exquisite poetry I've missed.

* - The "rapture" posts are often accompanied with useful information about Santa Monica weather. How's the weather there today, Swizz? Unaffected by Hurrirapture Ian?
He's probably very busy right now being outraged that Lizzo played an old flute.

Good thing Trump never made such a mistake. He'd be skewered by the people in this thread. I'm sure that up-and-comer Frederick Douglass can attest to that, right Fred? Fred, where are you?
Is it though?

Or is it one of these "tan suit" moments. There's so little controversy or plagues of dumb shit happening every day like the previous administration that a big deal has to made out of minor gaffes? Maybe if he was as ridiculous as Trump every single day we wouldn't notice the small things anymore. Right, Frederick? Fred, please stand up... Where are you?
You send out a press release morning someone's death. Then later call their name out at a presser? Come on, man.

Oh big Whoop. Trump one time confused 9-11 with the local 7-11 near his house! The Trump gaffes are legendary. But for further study: google “bush and Quayle gaffes”!!
If this is all Q-tards can complain about, Dark Brandon is doing a better job than I thought. Honestly, he should rock up wearing a tan suit and start asking for dijon mustard to really fuck with them.

Is it though?

You send out a press release morning someone's death. Then later call their name out at a presser? Come on, man.
I never said it wasn't an error.

I guess the implication is that if someone makes that error they are not mentally competent to hold the office of President. Well, I believe the standard for competence to hold the office of President has been set so low now that I'm not particularly worried about this kind of mistake. Should Biden resign because he called out the name of a dead person? Should he be impeached? Should he be forced to take the kind of dementia test that Trump so famously "aced"? Can he repeat "person, woman, man, camera, tv"? I think a person's competence is determined from an ensemble of actions, not a few simple statements. And, if you have followed Biden for any significant amount of time, you know that he's been making verbal gaffes for decades.

That being said, I would actually support an age limit to the Presidency that would rule both Biden and Trump out. I would also support other requirements than what's in the Constitution but I won't be holding my breath for those to come about.

Is it though?

I never said it wasn't an error.

I guess the implication is that if someone makes that error they are not mentally competent to hold the office of President. Well, I believe the standard for competence to hold the office of President has been set so low now that I'm not particularly worried about this kind of mistake. Should Biden resign because he called out the name of a dead person? Should he be impeached?

I mean, the right wing has already decided to impeach Biden if they take over the House. Over what? They'll point to gaffes or just make something up.

At the same time, they will continue to insist that Trump attempting to use tax dollars to extort a foreign nation in order to curry favor with one of our enemies was no big deal, and that the impeachment over literally trying to overthrow our own government was way out of line. It's a "witch hunt" or something, while Hunter Biden's laptop is the REAL threat to our nation. He did cocaine after all. That's practically destroying our democracy, and worse because it was an elected official....'s son.

And think about the alternative: a guy who suggested the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago to look for Hilary Clinton's emails.

This is something that the Reich don't/can't/won't comprehend;

There is Biden who is a confused old man who says stupid shit. And there is Trump who gassed protesters, kidnapped US citizens and put them in unmarked vans, openly praised fascist dictators, called the shooting of a journalist "a beautiful thing", took a giant shit on the US's traditional allies, very nearly destroyed NATO, lead a coup, asked domestic terrorist to "stand back and stand by", made it easer for gun manufacturers to sell arms to international terrorists, was openly laughed at at the UN, called the free press an enemy of the state, fucked up the covid response so badly there was one week where there were more new cases at the White House than New Zealand, Taiwan and Vietnam combined, compromised Israeli intelligence to appease Russia and is a confused old man who says stupid shit.

Wow, it's so fucking hard to see who is more preferable. I'm really going to have to rack my very large a-brain on this one :rolleyes:

I found the plot. Like making lemonade out of lemons, I will endeavor to to make something meaningful out of this thread. And as The Daily Mail thrives in the mind of TSwizzle, President Biden's National Security Strategy should thrive in the United States.

The plot: National Security Strategy It's all about autocracy versus democracy.
But if you don't want to read all that...
The Three Important Shifts Tucked Within the New National Security Strategy That's more my speed.
Joey B said:
These competitors mistakenly believe democracy is weaker than autocracy because they fail to understand that a nation’s power springs from its people.
-So a shift away from global free markets to reshoring and nearshoring. A turn toward home.
-Recognizing China and Russia for the evil entities they are. No more trying to nudge them toward democracy with economic incentives. That sure didn't work out for us. It just confirmed that Russia and China are liars, cheaters, and their word don't mean shit.
-Ensuring critical and cutting edge technologies are held close.
-Shifting away from the Middle East and toward homegrown energy production.

What I'd like to know is...
if the Biden administration is so concerned with building out the middle class with a strong manufacturing base, any federal incentives companies may avail themselves of should come with the caveat that state site selection be based on merit alone i.e., workforce, needed infrastructure, etc. The federal government should do what it can to disincentivize states from allowing companies to shortchange the taxpayers on needed revenue for schools, social services. Also, from states creating a "business friendly environment" which for all intents and purposes means allowing companies to shit all over its workers and the environment.

I found the plot. Like making lemonade out of lemons, I will endeavor to to make something meaningful out of this thread. And as The Daily Mail thrives in the mind of TSwizzle, President Biden's National Security Strategy should thrive in the United States.

The plot: National Security Strategy It's all about autocracy versus democracy.
Joey B said:
These competitors mistakenly believe democracy is weaker than autocracy because they fail to understand that a nation’s power springs from its people.

This point reminds me of one Churchill made during Britain's darkest hour. (He wrote this about Parliament's refusal to follow his suggestion that they find a safer venue for their sessions.)
Winston S. Churchill said:
After all, a free sovereign Parliament, fairly chosen by universal suffrage, able to turn out the Government any day, but proud to uphold it in the darkest days, was one of the points which were in dispute with the enemy. Parliament won.

I doubt whether any of the dictators had as much effective power throughout his whole nation as the British War Cabinet. When we expressed our desires we were sustained by the people's representatives, and cheerfully obeyed by all. Yet at no time was the right of criticism impaired.... Even the threat of annihilation did not daunt our Members, but this fortunately did not come to pass.''

And think about the alternative: a guy who suggested the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago to look for Hilary Clinton's emails.
The alternative is actually Kamala “Heels Up” Harris, that really is scary.

Anyway the old duffer Biden was on about the 54 States today;

President Joe Biden made yet another blunder when he spoke in Philadelphia on Friday, claiming he had been to '54 states' at a rally to drive support for embattled Democrat John Fetterman. Biden, 79, gave garbled remarks on how his administration has improved healthcare and mistakenly said 'we went to 54 states' to stop pharmaceutical companies from driving drug prices.

Daily Mail

Not a joke.

Anyway the old duffer Biden was on about the 54 States today;

Daily Mail

Not a joke.

When I discuss the electoral college, I frequently write "51 states" just to save typing. I DO know that D.C. is not a "state" but figure any wise-cracker who needs to point that out is demonstrating his own ignorance, not mine.

POTUS is President of the entire United States, not just the fifty states. He's President of D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands. I'll guess that when he's briefed on military matters, advisors do NOT overlook Puerto Rico just because it's "not a state."

Do some of Biden's "gaffes" reflect his age? I think so. I see it in myself — frequent misspellings; I have trouble counting all the suits when I play Bridge; and increasing difficulty with simple math problems. But I still solve IBM's monthly Ponder This; and I can compose an intelligible IIDB post if I proofread.

Nancy Pelosi is even older than Joe Biden, but she has more political savvy — and certainly more integrity — than all the Republican Congresscritters added together.

All else equal, would I prefer a POTUS in his late 60's over one in his late 70's? You betcha! But all else was not equal The choice was between a man whose integrity, compassion and moderation were praised on "both sides of the aisle" and a criminal sociopathic narcissist. A narcissist who confessed to Bob Woodward that he delayed vaccine rollout costing thousands of American deaths for every week of delay in order to maximize the political benefit to himself.

Trump's opponents include some of the top criminal prosecutors in the country. Biden's detractors include fifth-graders who think that calling him "Brandon" instead of "Biden" makes them clever; and QAnoners who celebrate a madman's attack on Paul Pelosi.

What a joke.

Is it though?

This honestly reminds me of when my dad started losing his mind weeks before he passed away. One day he was talking to my sister and then excused himself from the room saying he needed to go call my sister on the phone about important matters. But he was always able to cope with this by writing notes to himself what he did and when he did it.

Nancy Pelosi is even older than Joe Biden, but she has more political savvy — and certainly more integrity — than all the Republican Congresscritters added together.
She and her husband are crooks.

Back
Top Bottom