• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

BRITONS IN THE UK ARE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS BY EURO-FARCICAL LAWS

Technically it is UK law, as the UK actually has a law that says treat brits like this, and EU citizens the other way. The UK has this law because they had chosen to become members of the EU which, in part, requires members to have that law about the EU citizens.

Little OT though: I am wondering, could a brit actually go to the EU court to get the same rights?

There is a legal challenge but I have been trying to see when this will convene.

My guess is that they would have had an excellent chance of winning actually. That is, until recently, now theres no chance for the low pay brits married to non-EU citizens. That is, if that really was your concern, then brexit was a very bad move.

Maybe they earned 2nd Class status with their decision to give the EU the finger?
Just like Americans earned the right to get fucked by Uncle Vlad with their choice...

Oh for fuck's sake. This neo-Red scare is the last straw for me as far as the Dems are concerned. They really are a just Neo-cons who don't try to court the religious right.

Apparently some people didn't get the memo that the cold war ended something like twenty-five years ago... and that the West won decisively.

Oh for fuck's sake. This neo-Red scare is the last straw for me as far as the Dems are concerned. They really are a just Neo-cons who don't try to court the religious right.

Apparently some people didn't get the memo that the cold war ended something like twenty-five years ago... and that the West won decisively.
While I am not scared of the Russians, it is obvious that Putin and some million Russians did not get that memo.

It truly shows the depths of partisanship. Now I have to put up with the media propping up Michael Morell as something other than a fucking lunatic who wants to steer us into some Cold-War era final showdown with the Ruskies.

The Democrats deserve Trump. America deserves Trump.

Even before that Russia moved it's missile bases from Cuba.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a legal challenge but I have been trying to see when this will convene.

My guess is that they would have had an excellent chance of winning actually. That is, until recently, now theres no chance for the low pay brits married to non-EU citizens. That is, if that really was your concern, then brexit was a very bad move.

This happened a few years ago; before BREXIT. Things like this assisted BREXIT.

Even before that Russia moved it's missile bases from Cuba.

- - - Updated - - -

But only because lots of morons believed the obvious (but VERY popular) lie that Brexit would improve such things, rather than make them worse.

Brexit was presented as the solution to a whole bunch of problems, most of which could not possibly actually be solved by Brexit. But there are enough poorly educated people, who were eligible to vote in the referendum and who believed the lies for long enough, for the exit vote to just edge over the line.

It is the purpose and the responsibility of parliament to ignore the non-binding referendum result, and to do what is best for Britain. Whether they will stand up and shoulder that responsibility is not clear at all; and it seems quite likely that the opportunity to avoid what all informed observers (including a majority of MPs) can see is a HUGE mistake will be lost, under a tide of ignorant populism and neo-facist jingoism.

I'm not quite sure you understand what I'm saying. Could you please clarify what you think I am arguing?

I'm not quite sure you understand what I'm saying. Could you please clarify what you think I am arguing?

Now I see this. However I'm not sure the courts would be changed by the BREXIT as they tend to be impartial on legislation.

You are griping because others can do something you want to be able to do. And your preferred solution is to let NOBODY do it; and to take your bat and your ball and go home and refuse to play anymore. That's seriously fucking childish.

Grow up.

If non Nationals can do something that Nationals cannot doe then that is discriminatory.

Discrimination is not wrong in itself. There are plenty enough cases where discrimination is necessary and good.

Note that you are compairing the conditions for ordinary citizens with REFUGEES.

While I am not scared of the Russians, it is obvious that Putin and some million Russians did not get that memo.

I thought the US President and Secretary of State weren't on copy.

- - - Updated - - -

If non Nationals can do something that Nationals cannot doe then that is discriminatory.

Discrimination is not wrong in itself. There are plenty enough cases where discrimination is necessary and good.

Note that you are compairing the conditions for ordinary citizens with REFUGEES.

A refugee should have equal rights but the British citizens are not. The way forward is to correct this issue and build more houses to reduce the chronic shortage in the London boroughs

The rationale for the law is obvious: UK doesn't want "foreigners" who have British citizenship to import spouses from their home countries, which in turn would bring their entire families, which would then bring more spouses and so on, and live on welfare. But the tricky part is that they can't discriminate against anyone based on their ethnic background, so the law obviously applies to all British regardless of where they or their parents or grandparents may have come from. As a side effect, now EU citizens residing in Britain happen to have a loophole via EEA treaty.

I wouldn't think of this as a personal rights issue, as much as issue of whether the original intent of the law is scuttled. Are there actually that many EU citizens who are in the same category as the "brown people" that this xenophobic law is supposed to work against? Does it make UK a more attractive goal to welfare tourism? If there is no statistical reason to think so, I don't see what the big deal is. Brexit of course allows UK to modify the rights that EU citizens have in Britain and can harmonize the treatment, but I think the same could have been achieved by simply lobbying within the EU to amend the treaty; this isn't something that only UK in principle is affected with as many other countries seek to curb immigration as well.

The rationale for the law is obvious: UK doesn't want "foreigners" who have British citizenship to import spouses from their home countries, which in turn would bring their entire families, which would then bring more spouses and so on, and live on welfare. But the tricky part is that they can't discriminate against anyone based on their ethnic background, so the law obviously applies to all British regardless of where they or their parents or grandparents may have come from. As a side effect, now EU citizens residing in Britain happen to have a loophole via EEA treaty.

I wouldn't think of this as a personal rights issue, as much as issue of whether the original intent of the law is scuttled. Are there actually that many EU citizens who are in the same category as the "brown people" that this xenophobic law is supposed to work against? Does it make UK a more attractive goal to welfare tourism? If there is no statistical reason to think so, I don't see what the big deal is. Brexit of course allows UK to modify the rights that EU citizens have in Britain and can harmonize the treatment, but I think the same could have been achieved by simply lobbying within the EU to amend the treaty; this isn't something that only UK in principle is affected with as many other countries seek to curb immigration as well.

These are mainly British with British citizenship by birth that went abroad when the government advised that if they can’t find a job locally get on their bikes instead of relying on the state.
Many have been married for 20 years and even more. Some stayed abroad but some had planned for years to return to the UK at one point when the work completed.
There is a problem with sham marriages but these used to be evaluated on a case by case basis where quite a few were caught (e.g. the groom not knowing the bride’s name).
EU Citizens can bring a non British or EU spouse wherein the law is unevenly applied arising out of EU legislation.

Before the introduction of written EU Laws, people were judged on a case by case basis. Though some got away with it many were caught.

Back
Top Bottom