• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bunch of OH officials arrested. Guess what party they belong to!

Yeah, this seems like a pretty big deal. A little background, First Energy wanted to sell Ohio its antiquated plants. That didn't work, but they were able to declare bankruptcy via a bullshit shell company and get money (a lot) from the state. It stank and people tried to overturn the bill, but failed because Ohio is the Alabama of the North.

In Ohio, there are two wings of the GOP, the crazy and the crazier, so there could be some of that under the covers. $60 million in bribes! Clearly this goes beyond Householder (that is his name). Which makes Speaker Householder one of the most confusing titles. Are they called Householders in the Ohio Legislature?

I like that First Energy didn’t approach them. They reached out to First Energy to be bribed.

And it looks like the legislature is going to pull back HR6 they jammed up our asses.
Now where will this leave First Energy and their tired old generation plants that can’t compete?

I like that First Energy didn’t approach them. They reached out to First Energy to be bribed.

And it looks like the legislature is going to pull back HR6 they jammed up our asses.
Now where will this leave First Energy and their tired old generation plants that can’t compete?
You mean First Energy Solutions right? Totally different company. Kind of like how you spun off TV and credit cards Solutions to have your house declare bankruptcy, but you keep everything... including the house.

You mean First Energy Solutions right? Totally different company. Kind of like how you spun off TV and credit cards Solutions to have your house declare bankruptcy, but you keep everything... including the house.

No wait. It's Energy Harbor now, I think. Oh fuck it. Let's go with the indictment: Company A.

Generally the party in power, whomever they may be, will suffer from such scandals.

No point try to bride the opposition when they can deliver nothing.

Generally the party in power, whomever they may be, will suffer from such scandals.

No, the people responsible for such scandals suffer from such scandals. No one is pointing a gun to the Republicans forcing them to be corrupt.

We are talking $60 million, that is a huge amount of money for a state scandal. The GOP have been in control of Ohio for a long time now, thanks to gerrymandering and Ohio being purple, making it manipulable.

These guys apparently went to First Energy not the other way around. You need to read into this scandal as it is much larger than you are appreciating. Part of it involves getting Householder elected as Speaker in the Ohio Legislator.

No really, guess.

I'm gobsmacked. :rolleyes:

It's like these guys have gazed in wonder at the stacks of cash that their agent orange has grifted out of American taxpayers, and exclaimed "why not me dear God, why not me?".

I thought it would happen a lot sooner, but I am still holding out hope for the fulfillment of my (and others') prediction of 4 years ago - Donald Trump will destroy the Republican Party. I only hope he doesn't destroy the United States of America in the process.

Would you like some salt to help that boot leather go down?

You should do some research and your 'both sides' bullshit will be shown for what it is.

I thought it would happen a lot sooner, but I am still holding out hope for the fulfillment of my (and others') prediction of 4 years ago - Donald Trump will destroy the Republican Party. I only hope he doesn't destroy the United States of America in the process.

I've been to that wake too many times. I've even brought the sandwiches and beer. Trouble is, you'd have to catch them all sleeping in their boxes of dirt at high noon and drive the wooden stakes in at the same time. My side just isn't that organized.

My side just isn't that organized.

Organization is optional if there is a strong enough consensus. Let's see what happens in November, and then on January 20, 2021.
If I wake up on 1/21/21 and that disgusting blob of useless orange protoplasm isn't exorcised from the Whitehouse, that's the day I will begin pulling up stakes.
I am fairly confident that cutting the head off the snake will kill it.

No, the people responsible for such scandals suffer from such scandals. No one is pointing a gun to the Republicans forcing them to be corrupt.

I know that no one is pointing a gun at their heads.
Corruption sadly can occur anywhere anytime. Political affiliation does not prevent one from being corrupt nor tell us who will be corrupt.

Corruption sadly can occur anywhere anytime.

Nope. It can only happen when someone is willing to be corrupt.
In America, there’s one party that is (in the last 50 yeears) willing much more often.

Corruption sadly can occur anywhere anytime.

Nope. It can only happen when someone is willing to be corrupt.
In America, there’s one party that is (in the last 50 yeears) willing much more often.

That may be, but it is only in the last 4 years that a entire party's congressional body (with less than a handful of exceptions) and their political appointments have been complicit in blatant corruption.
Either the Republican party or the United States of America is about to be destroyed.

That may be, but it is only in the last 4 years that a entire party's congressional body (with less than a handful of exceptions) and their political appointments have been complicit in blatant corruption.
Righto. We can only hope that the words of the valiant Lindsey Graham (as he postured 5 short years ago) come true: If the Republicans go with Trump, he will destroy the party. At a minimum, this should dog them for a generation, but memories are too short in this country. Those who support Trump don't deserve an open society with civil liberties. Those who actually work in his administration will, hopefully, be pariahs in 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom