• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

Could be? Might have been? So you are just making shit up?

Making an educated guess based on statistical proof too difficult a concept for you? Although, I appreciate the irony of a libertarian criticizing what they consider make believe. That did make me giggle.
What irony? Libertarians are experts in make believe.

I guess London Breed is qualified to be the next governor of California. She is just as hypocritical as the current holder of the office.

San Francisco mayor scolds 'fun police' after being criticized for flouting city's indoor mask mandate

Egotistical people say things like: "No one has been more conservative about protecting themselves than I have, not just because I want to set an example, but because I don't want to get Covid,"

Reminds me of another politician who always claimed no one was more blank than he or he was the least blank person in the world.

She then goes on to describe her behavior in a way that makes it clear she could actually have been more conservative about protecting herself, thus putting the lie to the above quote.

In red California, anger over recall blowout. 'The Democratic Party is the New York Yankees' - Los Angeles Times
On election day, Denise Pickens had a surprising feeling: Hope.

Surely, she figured, Gov. Gavin Newsom would be booted out of office. Or at least get a good scare.

There was such fervor here in rural Lassen County — where a whopping 84% of voters supported the recall, the highest percentage in the state — that it was hard not to believe it could happen.

Then Newsom’s landslide victory landed like a kick in the shin with a steel-toed boot.

As for the California GOP, which had its best shot in over a decade of governing the state?

“Ineffective, as usual,” said Pickens, a longtime Republican.

“Part of me is just like, you know what, the Democratic progressive machine is what it is, and there’s just not enough of us,” she said.

Getting the recall on the ballot initially felt like a win here in Northern California, where conservatives have long felt they would be better off seceding to form their own state called Jefferson.

“The Democratic Party is the New York Yankees, and the Republican Party in this state is the Minor Leagues,” said Christopher Cole, the former chairman of the Lassen County Republican Party. “You can’t compete.”
No mention of Larry Elder and his platform, to the extent that he could be said to have one.

I guess London Breed is qualified to be the next governor of California. She is just as hypocritical as the current holder of the office.

San Francisco mayor scolds 'fun police' after being criticized for flouting city's indoor mask mandate

I heard an audio clip yesterday of her explaining that she was able to justify going maskless because it was Tony! Toni! Tone! playing together again after some twenty years. Um...OK. I sorta vaguely recall that group, but couldn't name a single song from them if you put a gun to my head. Now if it was Led Zeppelin playing again, that would be worth going maskless for and possibly killing innocent people, but Tony! Toni! Tone! ? I think not.

London Breed has turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. I liked her initially. She struck me as a moderate, pragmatic problem solver type who could keep her nose clean when she was running for mayor, rather than the typical SF progressive hypocritical lefty loony. Seems I was wrong.

I am very sad to report to you that I do not, in fact, have a time machine capable of traveling to an alternate dimension where Larry Elder got elected.

Very sad indeed.

You could have made a ton of money ferrying alt-Californians back here...

Making an educated guess based on statistical proof too difficult a concept for you?

There's making an educated guess based on evidence, and then there is what he did...

His stance is that if Larry Elder was governor the death rate in California would be comparable to that of Mississippi or Florida as Elder's view on Covid mirror's the Governors' attitudes in those states. I am also of the radical (apparently) attitude that if you place a Governor with similar attitudes as De Santis, you'll see similar outcomes in public health concerns. Feel free to point out the flaw in that determination.

I understand, you have to say it would be doomsday if a black man were elected.

Got it in one. You're a fucking genius.

It would be doomsday if that man, who happens to be black, got elected.

The way Jason says it is to imply that the person they respond to does not want black men elected despite the fact I would almost guarantee the person they talk to DID vote for Obama, and gladly, and probably Hillary too.

This is a dishonest and reprehensible tactic to use.

It is most certainly not rational. It is the forum equivalent of pulling your pants down, shitting in your hand, and throwing it.

Got it in one. You're a fucking genius.

The way Jason says it is to imply that the person they respond to does not want black men elected despite the fact I would almost guarantee the person they talk to DID vote for Obama, and gladly, and probably Hillary too..

No, I voted for Obama and then Hillary, with some serious reservations. The color of his and her skin, however, were not among those reservations. On some level, I think there is an inherent benefit to racial diversity in governance, but that cannot be a person's only consideration in deciding whom to vote for (nor do I believe, for even half a second, that Jason Harvestdancer would just blindly vote for any black man regardless of his politics).

The way Jason says it is to imply that the person they respond to does not want black men elected despite the fact I would almost guarantee the person they talk to DID vote for Obama, and gladly, and probably Hillary too..

No, I voted for Obama and then Hillary, with some serious reservations. The color of his and her skin, however, were not among those reservations. On some level, I think there is an inherent benefit to racial diversity in governance, but that cannot be a person's only consideration in deciding whom to vote for (nor do I believe, for even half a second, that Jason Harvestdancer would just blindly vote for any black man regardless of his politics).

I'm honestly quite happy you corrected me here. I do stand corrected.

And you are quite right.

My point still stands though, the part about rhetorical scatology.

So is your claim that if the Republicans had put forward a white conservative radio personality, Democrats would have voted for the recall?

Well, maybe. Despite the Democrats having a boatload of women and minorities to choose from for President in 2020, they went with a bumbling, old white guy. :)

So is your claim that if the Republicans had put forward a white conservative radio personality, Democrats would have voted for the recall?
Dude, he is a Devil's Advocate that lost his way and now their posts are almost exclusively trolling. That sort of stuff happens when they put themselves up on a pedestal so high that the air gets too thin.

Well, maybe. Despite the Democrats having a boatload of women and minorities to choose from for President in 2020, they went with a bumbling, old white guy. :)

Biden was chosen by the Democratic machine.

On Super Tuesday many people doing better than Biden dropped out for some reason. They now are VP or have jobs in the administration.

And let me be clear, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that racism (and old money and executive misogyny while we're at it) played a role in that.

That he makes the lefties this hysterical means we should support him; at least for the entertainment value.

Stop for a moment, and just look at this comment.

Regardless of any specific context it might be in reference to, is there a way to view a comment like this in any way other than juvenile?

There was a time when right wingers wanted respect from others. These days, as Trausti proves here, they seem to prefer scornful derision.

I swear that right wingers will start promoting NAMBLA soon just to hear the "histerical" reaction from the "lefties."

Back
Top Bottom