• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

can god be evolve?

Become a Mormon, Syed. You'll be happy. You get to BECOME a god!! Your god used to BE a dude!!! You can increase your glory in the afterlife by siring celestial offspring. If that aint evolving, then Mcdonald's don't make delicious $1 hamburgers.
(2nd possibility: all religions and deities are imaginary and in death we're pretty much like the flies you see on windowsills this time of year. Happy Christmas.)

just like atheist say universe come from NOTHING so god come from nothing

the magic word billions of year take to evolved god

anything can happen in billions years right?

The difference is that there is evidence for the universe, there is no evidence for god.
Big difference. :)

what evidence do you have?

Gods have obviously evolved! From animist nature gods via new stone age and bronze age gods, Olympian and Celtic ones to our modern velocoraptor type one gods.

Deism and atheism are also evolutionary - a starter cause god to the logical conclusion - no gods.

Someone needs to write up the clades of gods!

So where did the Universe that this ''not a god'' entity come from? How did it come about before this entity, who was not a god, evolved into a God that created our Universe?

Can you explain this difficulty, Syed?

just like atheist say universe come from NOTHING so god come from nothing

Which atheist/s say that? Science has several models ranging from quantum fluctuations, branes, quilted multiverse, etc, etc.
the magic word billions of year take to evolved god

Billions of years of evolution.... from what? What is this 'god stuff' that eventually evolves into a Creator of the Universe?

anything can happen in billions years right?

Not anything and everything, only things that are within the realm of probability and possibility.

The difference is that there is evidence for the universe, there is no evidence for god.

What is most likely Syed:

1. Nothing, then god, then it creates the universe

2. Nothing, then universe

As for evidence of the universe: I guess we can both agree we are here right? How it all came to be is still an exciting mystery that we don't have the full answer to - yet!

What evidence do you need to believe in the existence of the universe?

Do you not trust your senses anymore?

Doesn't the Quran say:
[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself.
I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

atheist ask that who created god?

can god be evolve and became creator all thing?

if no why not?

What a useless question.

You can't establish that your imaginary friend actually exists, so speculating on specific properties of your imaginary friend is as pointless as speculating on the details of Bigfoot society or alien politics or the musical preferences of elves.

It's an interesting concept, though.

Time is a property of the universe. So without time, can the pregod change into the Creator God? Um....no.

Ignore that, or throw in some apologist response, pretend that time isn't necessary for change: pregod is alone in the before space. What sort of selection pressures could exist that would drive the non-god to change towards a god?

Can't be a physical threat, Pregod hasn't created the universe yet. And if he created the before space, then it'd be damned stupid to create a dangerous before space. But more likely, he didn't create the before space, either. That would be an act of a creator, which he isn't, not yet.

And to evolve, there has to be differential selection. One pregod would have to out-perform all the other pregods, facing whatever natural selection exists in the pre-universe place or condition. Which would be difficult for monotheists, to establish that THE God was merely The Most Successful of Several candidate pregods.

On the other hand, evolution doesn't lead to 'perfect,' just to 'good enough to get by.'
Which would explain how God can make so many mistakes...

Another element i'm sure Syed never considered: If God evolved, when does God stop evolving?

Anselm said God is 'that which nothing greater can be conceived.' But if God continues to improve, He'll become something greater. Then Godplus would be greater than the god we have right now. That means the god we have righ tnow is not the greatest thing that can be conceived, so whoever Syed's been praying to is NOT God. Just a pre-god placeholder for the REAL God.

Why do you worship false gods, Syed?
They will surely prove your undoing.

Soooo.. then there is no god (yet), then? OK, let me know when to stop holding my breath... should be any millennia now....

Soooo.. then there is no god (yet), then? OK, let me know when to stop holding my breath... should be any millennia now....

You'll know. Someone will spontaneously pop into a Star Trek special effect as they, personally, enter the 'next phase of evolution.'
Because there are phases like that.
And an Estimated Time Of Evolution To Energy Being phase on the species life-cycle chart.

And then they immediately go off to seek their destiny, rather than hang around with shipmates, relatives and friends... Because energy beings can't do book tours.

Back
Top Bottom