• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can someone make a poll on this color deficiency test?

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
Not sure how to do it and also want the kind of poll that is anonymous at least to what your answer is.

Also not sure which forum is best.

I think that choices should be something like:

Male (XY), can read all the numbers
Male (XY), can only read 1-3 of the numbers
Female (XX), can read all the numbers
Female (XX),can only 1-3 of the numbers

IMG_2643.JPG

Anyway, my answer is male and only able to read the two numbers on the left.

There are a few other types of color deficiency than mine, which I think is weak-green or deuteranomaly. But it makes up the vast amount of issues.

My ability to read those numbers varies depending on the angle and brightness of the screen.

This is the kind of test that should only be administered using printed materials in a brightly lit office. Every device screen and PC monitor has a different colour profile which means the ability to read the numbers is partly based on chance.

I can read them all but the ones in the middle of each row are difficult. (My father has some form of color-blindness)...

Is the top middle a trick? I couldn't read it. I can read the other's just fine. I have 20-20 vision. Like an eagle.

I can read all of them and I'm also better looking than the rest of you.

What is the reason for the "(XX)" and "(XY)"? Will people viewing this poll not recognize the words "male" and "female"?

Is the top middle a trick? I couldn't read it. I can read the other's just fine. I have 20-20 vision. Like an eagle.

Nope. There's a number in it (6). It's a very subtle green/yellow distinction. "20/20" refers to acuity, not color perception. Apparently, you might have a bit of color blindness.

Last edited:
My ability to read those numbers varies depending on the angle and brightness of the screen.

This is the kind of test that should only be administered using printed materials in a brightly lit office. Every device screen and PC monitor has a different colour profile which means the ability to read the numbers is partly based on chance.

Second this. I have color vision problems (I see the top left clearly, the bottom left I'm not sure of, the rest don't contain anything to my eyes) and I know the lighting situation matters for me.

20-20 has nothing to do with this. With correction I'm 20-15, sometimes even 20-13 but I bomb this test because my color vision is flawed.

What is the reason for the "(XX)" and "(XY)"? Will people viewing this poll not recognize the words "male" and "female"?

I think he's talking about genetics as opposed to the gender one presents as. It matters in this case because color vision problems are sex linked. (They're carried on the X chromosome. A woman only gets hit if she gets two bad copies, a man gets hit with one bad copy. It's also possible for a woman with one bad copy to end up with better than normal color vision because she has 4 receptors instead of 3.)

I think he's talking about genetics as opposed to the gender one presents as. It matters in this case because color vision problems are sex linked. (They're carried on the X chromosome. A woman only gets hit if she gets two bad copies, a man gets hit with one bad copy. It's also possible for a woman with one bad copy to end up with better than normal color vision because she has 4 receptors instead of 3.)
Well, it seemed obvious to me why the OP was differentiating male and female. Unless he thinks this is a board where members would believe that gender identity or self image, as opposed to genetic considerations, would affect physical structures in the eye. Granted, the world is filled with uneducated doofs who actually believe that vision involves beams or rays coming out of the eyeball to perceive something visually. On another board, yeah. Either way, the poll just looks funny, like if the simple terms "male" and "female" confuse you, getting technical with the chromosome indicators should clear things up. :D

XY here, and I can read all of them. Apparently some XXs are tetrachromats and can perceive even more colors.

Male and I can read them all, but only the top left one obviously stands out. The rest are a more subtle color distinction.

Not sure how to do it and also want the kind of poll that is anonymous at least to what your answer is.

Also not sure which forum is best.

I think that choices should be something like:

Male (XY), can read all the numbers
Male (XY), can only read 1-3 of the numbers
Female (XX), can read all the numbers
Female (XX),can only 1-3 of the numbers

View attachment 9295

Anyway, my answer is male and only able to read the two numbers on the left.

There are a few other types of color deficiency than mine, which I think is weak-green or deuteranomaly. But it makes up the vast amount of issues.
XY all

25 easiest
6 hardest

56 second easiest
29 second hardest

Top row: easier
Middle column: hardest

http://www.colormunki.com/game/huetest_kiosk

I went to this website and did a color arrangement. I have about an 10 year old 22 inch HDTV monitor that is non-IPS of course. So I made sure to look straight on. At an angle I could have cheated as the colors and brightness get weird.

This is the random starting that I did not arrange and it scored 981 (0 is perfect)
Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 1.31.28 PM.png

This is how I arranged them and scored 108

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 1.24.29 PM.png

So anyone with good color vision, which rows look off to you?

looking at it again, I think I could do a little better, but I was getting a headache

Male, XY, can read them all.

Both my daughters have  grapheme-color synesthesia (amongst other types). These tests must drive them batshit.

I have multiple types of synesthesia, including color. Seeing colored letters and numbers anywhere outside of my head doesn't bother me in the least. It also doesn't seem to affect the synesthesia at all. The numeral 9, to me, will always be pale yellow in my mind regardless of how many red nines my brain sees through my eyeballs.

Male, XY, can read them all.

Both my daughters have  grapheme-color synesthesia (amongst other types). These tests must drive them batshit.

I have multiple types of synesthesia, including color. Seeing colored letters and numbers anywhere outside of my head doesn't bother me in the least. It also doesn't seem to affect the synesthesia at all. The numeral 9, to me, will always be pale yellow in my mind regardless of how many red nines my brain sees through my eyeballs.

Interesting. Older daughter says that she is "bothered" when letters are written in the "wrong" color. She has to turn off editors that change the color of the line when commented out and can't stand highlighting. Guess it is different for different people.

Back
Top Bottom