• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can someone make a poll on this color deficiency test?

It doesn't appear to have any number. I see five distinct colors but no coherent shape. Just a suggestion of a 3 and an 8. Is this a trick sample?

Yes. It's a control question, there is no number.

Ask Barbos if he sees it saying "NO" like I do..

this is an inverted color from my Mac:

reverse_color_blindness_test copy 2.gif

this is false color:

reverse_color_blindness_test copy 10.gif

and another one, forgot what I tweaked:

reverse_color_blindness_test.gif

---------------------------------------

I did same methods to the standard tests in the first post and it doesn't help me see them. So maybe only me and Barbos will be able to see the "NO".

This is the website that has the image and explanation:

http://www.archimedes-lab.org/colorblindnesstest.html

on reddit someone made it more obvious, probably manually:

J4Snh.png

Last edited:
[
This is the website that has the image and explanation:

http://www.archimedes-lab.org/colorblindnesstest.html

This website says the following:

Many others are always buying and biting into unripe bananas - they cannot tell if they are yellow or green

Is anybody really that red-green color blind?? I have no problem telling the difference. I can tell ripe from unripe tomatoes too. I can tell red from green lights when I drive, otherwise it would be unsafe for me to drive, wouldn't it?

Many others are always buying and biting into unripe bananas - they cannot tell if they are yellow or green

Is anybody really that red-green color blind?? I have no problem telling the difference. I can tell ripe from unripe tomatoes too. I can tell red from green lights when I drive, otherwise it would be unsafe for me to drive, wouldn't it?

I don't have that problem with bananas and I do terribly on the color plates.

Only if someone had mounted the lights upside down. Red is at the top, and green is at the bottom.

A handful of jurisdictions use horizontally mounted lights, but these usually also have a standardized layout (either red on the left, green on the right; or with two red lights, with the single amber and green lights in between).

Some places even have shaped lights specifically for colour-blind drivers - Red is a square, amber is a diamond, and green a circle.

By the way, I can easily tell the different between red and green traffic lights.

Now if they were rusty orange and pale lime green I would have problems.

By the way, I can easily tell the different between red and green traffic lights.

Now if they were rusty orange and pale lime green I would have problems.

My problem is sometimes in the distance I can't tell a green light from a streetlight. I'm going along and suddenly a yellow shows up where I didn't see a traffic light at all. It never happens when I'm close to them, though--at that point the light stands out due to position.

Why do you think a person would see all black as deep navy blue?

Only if someone had mounted the lights upside down. Red is at the top, and green is at the bottom.

At night sometimes you only see the light.

Then your eyesight isn't good enough to drive at all. Or you forgot to turn on your headlights. In either case, you shouldn't be driving at night - how do you see where the edge of an unlit road is?

Or maybe you are too far from the traffic light for it to matter what colour the light is.

Then your eyesight isn't good enough to drive at all. Or you forgot to turn on your headlights. In either case, you shouldn't be driving at night - how do you see where the edge of an unlit road is?

Or maybe you are too far from the traffic light for it to matter what colour the light is.

Well, the edge of the road is lit up by my car's headlights, which are actually pointed forward and down, you know, on the road, not up toward the street lights. And yes, when at a certain distance, in the dark, the metal framing around a traffic signal, which is often painted black, can be difficult to see and all that is seen is the light. You are correct that as you get closer it gets easier to see the framing and thus interpret which light is on based on its position, but it's certainly useful to know the color of the light before reaching that point.

I don't understand about headlights. They aren't going to show you the frame for the traffic light until you're awfully close to it.

I don't understand about headlights. They aren't going to show you the frame for the traffic light until you're awfully close to it.

You don't need to know what colour the light is until you're awfully close to it.

It doesn't happen to me with black but I do see grays as bluish.

sometimes I see grays as green

Gray is blue, too. Totally feel you there. And sometimes other colors. I figured that was how gray is supposed to look until NVidia was setting up my screen and asked me to differentiate by sliding a bar left or right. I was totally lost. Got someone else to do it for me. Text does it when I read on a screen, depending on what other colors are written near the word that is supposed to be black. Colors sure are tricky.

I'm always frustrated when in a talk someone says "And the red line is..." and I'm thinking "Which one is the red line? They all look black." If the line is really thick then I can see the color, but if it's a thin red line, it's a no go.

I'm always frustrated when in a talk someone says "And the red line is..." and I'm thinking "Which one is the red line? They all look black." If the line is really thick then I can see the color, but if it's a thin red line, it's a no go.

Argh! I hate thin lines!

They don't look anything like black to me but a one-pixel red line and a one-pixel green line I can't tell apart.

Back
Top Bottom