• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Can we call this insurrection? (Split from Race for 2024)

To notify a split thread.
No but what I am seeking to imply is that the Jan 6 attack was still at a political level versus the VIOLENT level at Seattle. And Ill take politics (which is really just verbal negotiations) over violence any day of the week.
Are you suggesting that these people died from politics?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/us/politics/jan-6-capitol-deaths.html
They were accidental casualties. Sometimes that even happens at rock concerts and sporting events.

Capital video footage shows armed police giving a tours to unarmed members of this mob. That hardly compares to armed and intentional violence

The only difference I see is that that Jan 6 protesters were obviously NOT armed to the teeth like shown above.

That's the only difference you see? Seriously?

How about this difference.
Much as I oppose BLM and all that crap, what is being described here is a local issue.
That is exactly how all territorial expansions start out. Locally. Did Ghengis Khan acquire most of Asia in one afternoon? Or did he take over local villages until his empire was vast?

I don't know how to respond to this with anything but derision.
Genghis Khan did his thing and died so many centuries ago, I don't remember how long. Comparing that to the Seattle dumbassery is almost as ignorant as comparing the Seattle dumbassery to the Trump Insurrection.

I cannot understand how a modern person with basic education and internet access could make arguments like that.
Unless they just flat out hate the USA, our values, institutions, and traditions.
Tom
Because just about everything that becomes big is someone or something who started out very small and then got big. You would laugh at how small Amazon and Microsoft were at one time. The activities in Seattle did not last long or become more threatening to our nation. But they surely could have and that's not hyperbole.
But the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol could not have?

Is that seriously what you're seeking to imply?
No but what I am seeking to imply is that the Jan 6 attack was still at a political level versus the VIOLENT level at Seattle. And Ill take politics (which is really just verbal negotiations) over violence any day of the week.
You are still dismissing a huge attack on my country with "they weren't that violent"
Eff that. The people you're justifying tried to cause more damage than Osama bin Laden. I was OK with his execution and I would be OK with the execution of the top level of the Teaparty Insurrection terrorists.
Tom

Last edited:
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

The president is an officer of the United states. Also, the underlined part is the only way this amendment wouldn't apply.

Back
Top Bottom