• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Celebrities you have killed

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Admit it! You are guilty of killing more than one celebrity in your lifetime. We've all done it. For instance, for myself, I apparently killed Dick Vitale years ago. Was pretty certain he has been dead a while, but was interested to see that he was, in fact, not dead. He isn't doing well, suffering from Lymphoma, but as bad as that sounds, it is better than dying several years ago because I thought he was dead that long.

This is merely the most recent celebrity killing I'm guilty of. I was curious how many others can admit to this rather forgetful homicide.

I confess, I was one of many that "killed" Nelson Mandela long before he actually died.

That should have taught me a lesson but Desmond Tutu's death announcement in Dec. 2021 was a surprise as I had "killed" him years earlier.

I can't think of any Hollywood stars that I have "killed" as I don't pay much attention to them. John Wayne was the only Hollywood notable that I could immediately recognize and assign the correct name to.

It was only 2 weeks ago that my wife asked me about Louie Anderson and I said he died a few years back.

Earlier this week, I misremembered a local radio personality, Michael Krasny, as having died last year. My partner gave me an odd look when I said this aloud, as Krasny is alive and well, he had simply retired from the radio. Perhaps he and I are both getting old!

Earlier this week, I misremembered a local radio personality, Michael Krasny, as having died last year. My partner gave me an odd look when I said this aloud, as Krasny is alive and well, he had simply retired from the radio. Perhaps he and I are both getting old!
There's this thing that happens among those of us in the radio industry. When a celebrity dies, we put the photo (or photos) we took with them on the social media, and wax poetic about meeting them. I've only done it once - Kenny Rogers, in case you're wondering - because for the most part I don't take a photo with them (or gods forbid a "selfie"). I just like to get an actual moment with them rather than a trophy. I've got a couple of very fond memories of a couple of them who are in their 80s now but I won't mention them here...because I don't wanna be that guy who causes an unfortunate incident.

I was positive John De Lancie was dead and thought putting him in STO was a little gruesome until I learned.

I'm pleased to announce that Lawrence Taylor is quite alive today, instead of being dead for like over a decade. This was confirmed when it was announced he'd be golfing in a pro-am event. Dead people don't golf, so clearly, Lawrence Taylor is still alive. :)

This is a big one. I killed this guy decades ago!

article said:
There was a whole lotta shaking going on in the music world Wednesday when Jerry Lee Lewis was reported dead at 87 — but that turned out to be incorrect.

"He's alive," Lee's publicist Zach Farnum confirmed to EW in a statement. He added that the initial report was made "erroneously off of an anonymous tip."
TMZ is decades late to the game.

I don't recall killing anyone (that way). Dick van Dyke is coming up on his 97th birthday — I never thought he was dead. Jimmy Carter celebrated his 98th recently: Did anybody ever kill him? Jane Russell was almost 90 when she died, but I never killed her.

My Thai nick-name is Sorapong which reminds everyone of the great movie-star Sorapong Chatri. Recently I learned he died earlier this year.

I accidentally "killed" a well-respected colleague today, in lecture... in fairness, who in their right mind makes it to 102?

This is a big one. I killed this guy decades ago!

article said:
There was a whole lotta shaking going on in the music world Wednesday when Jerry Lee Lewis was reported dead at 87 — but that turned out to be incorrect.

"He's alive," Lee's publicist Zach Farnum confirmed to EW in a statement. He added that the initial report was made "erroneously off of an anonymous tip."
TMZ is decades late to the game.

Thank god it was you. I thought about him in the last 48 hours before his death after not thinking about him for years.
But it was you. Good. I'm blameless.

Back
Top Bottom