• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Chick Fil A Owner Gets Arrested for Traveling across State Lines to Rape a 15yo

Haven't tried Chick-fil-A yet. I've been wanting to, but there is always a long line when I drive by. They're supposedly pretty good. I will definitely keep an eye out for the pedos though.

Thanks for the tip.

There's an article in the Charlotte Observer, which you can access for free by providing a name/email address (does not have to be valid based upon my experience) 48 hr free access:

An Ohio man is behind bars after officials say he traveled across states to meet and sexually assault a teenager. Stacy Lee Austin, 49, drove over 400 miles from Belmont, Ohio, to Rowan County, North Carolina, according to a Facebook post from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office. On March 5, the 15-year-old’s parent called 911 after he came home and found Austin inside his house, officials said.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article286378400.html#storylink=cpy

I am a bit surprised that there are no reports of gunshot wounds.

Haven't tried Chick-fil-A yet. I've been wanting to, but there is always a long line when I drive by. They're supposedly pretty good. I will definitely keep an eye out for the pedos though.

Thanks for the tip.

I've got one near my house, and the line is often long, but it moves pretty quickly. I go there every now and then for a breakfast biscuit, but their chicken sandwiches are decent and the employees are friendlier than most fast food workers.

The owners of the company are pretty far right Christians (which is why I rarely go there) but it will be interesting to see how they handle this. A very public, forceful statement and this guy losing his franchise would be nice. We'll see. Regarding the POS:

He had developed an online relationship with the 15-year-old after messaging via social media and had driven from Ohio to North Carolina to meet up, deputies said.

After allegedly confessing, Austin told officers that he was concerned about losing his job as the owner of a Chick-fil-A franchise.

Jesus Fucking Christ. If you're 49, and you find out that the girl you've been messaging with is 15, your first thought shouldn't be "this is worth driving across 3 states for." And really, his concern at this point shouldn't be whether or not he gets to keep his job or his franchise. He's going to lose both, and spend at least several years (and perhaps decades) isolated in a cell separated from the rest of the prison population because that's what will keep him from being murdered.

Jesus Fucking Christ. If you're 49, and you find out that the girl you've been messaging with is 15, your first thought shouldn't be "this is worth driving across 3 states for." And really, his concern at this point shouldn't be whether or not he gets to keep his job or his franchise. He's going to lose both, and spend at least several years (and perhaps decades) isolated in a cell separated from the rest of the prison population because that's what will keep him from being murdered.
Yeah. How many sentences does it take to find out you’re talking to a fifteen year old? 4? 5?

Yeah. How many sentences does it take to find out you’re talking to a fifteen year old? 4? 5?
A lot less than that! :D

Just wait until you see the words "Taylor Swift" spontaneously come up, then delete the conversation.

I'm vegetarian, so I don't think there's much on their menu that'd excite me. But I wouldn't go anyway, because the corporation has donated millions to fight same-sex marriage, and I would no sooner do business with them than with a business that supported a return to Jim Crow. Let 'em do what they want, but without my dollars enabling them.

Unless, of course, the staff in the North Carolina prison think it would be amusing to put you in a cell with a bunch of burly bubbas that will pass you around like a bag of chips.
Tom

I'm vegetarian, so I don't think there's much on their menu that'd excite me. But I wouldn't go anyway, because the corporation has donated millions to fight same-sex marriage, and I would no sooner do business with them than with a business that supported a return to Jim Crow. Let 'em do what they want, but without my dollars enabling them.
For what it's worth,
I had similar reasons for avoiding them myself.
I was kinda forced to go once. By a gay guy and his Christian Mom.

Props where they're due. The chicken sandwich was excellent for a fast food restaurant. And the waffle fries are way better than most fast food fries.

I refused to ever go back, but still...
Tom

For what it's worth,
I had similar reasons for avoiding them myself.
I was kinda forced to go once. By a gay guy and his Christian Mom.

Props where they're due. The chicken sandwich was excellent for a fast food restaurant. And the waffle fries are way better than most fast food fries.

I refused to ever go back, but still...
Tom
Ultimately, it's kind of a fool's game to not patronize a business that has management or a line of business you don't agree with politically. Realistically, you'd probably be self-flaggelating all day long if you did a deep dive into the details of who's behind all the products and services you buy on a daily basis and their sketchy business practices. You might as well live in a cave with stone knives and bearskins as your only possessions.

Meh. It's ChickFilA, WalMart, and Hobby Lobby I want nothing to do with, and the hell with 'em. That's not a long list, and WalMart is the only one I used to haunt, anyway. But if I find out Meijers is funding Moms for Liberty, then I'll leave them alone, too.

Meh. It's ChickFilA, WalMart, and Hobby Lobby I want nothing to do with, and the hell with 'em. That's not a long list, and WalMart is the only one I used to haunt, anyway. But if I find out Meijers is funding Moms for Liberty, then I'll leave them alone, too.
At this point in our late stage capitalism it's hard to pick a company that isn't neck-deep in exploitive shit-fuckery. I personally have been avoiding WalMart for decades because a local store directly contributed to a friend's suicide, but in a world of Nestle's that's small potatoes. It's almost like modern corporations looked at an outfit like United Fruit Company and said "yeah, that was terrible from a PR perspective, but what if we could screw over the local population and extract all the wealth from the resources available but without the negative PR? Like...we rape the land and exploit the workers, but we have a division of the company that puts out promotional videos that use high-dollar production values to lie about how we're good for the environment? Yeah...let's do that!"

Kinda like....

In my area, police regularly hold sting operations to catch middle age to elderly men who want to engage in sexual relations with someone they met on line and believe to be 15 years old. Publish names and photos as well. I don’t live near Ihio or NC, but I’d still be extremely shocked if he actually did NOT know full well that the girl was underage. He knew and that was precisely the attraction. The only things I find surprising are that it was NOT actually a sting and that the parents didn’t put a couple of holes in him.

At this point in our late stage capitalism it's hard to pick a company that isn't neck-deep in exploitive shit-fuckery. I personally have been avoiding WalMart for decades because a local store directly contributed to a friend's suicide, but in a world of Nestle's that's small potatoes. It's almost like modern corporations looked at an outfit like United Fruit Company and said "yeah, that was terrible from a PR perspective, but what if we could screw over the local population and extract all the wealth from the resources available but without the negative PR? Like...we rape the land and exploit the workers, but we have a division of the company that puts out promotional videos that use high-dollar production values to lie about how we're good for the environment? Yeah...let's do that!"

Kinda like....

You have a point but there are some companies that are a permanent hard NO from me. Walmart, Chik A Filet and Hobby Lobby top the list. There’s a local company that I boycott because of the owner’s politics and how he treats employees. I will confess that I occasionally use Amazon —I’m not proud of it but…part of that is due to Walmart driving under a couple of local businesses I used to frequent until they closed up.

I do what I can. Wish it were more.

Back
Top Bottom