• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Chick Fil A Owner Gets Arrested for Traveling across State Lines to Rape a 15yo

The only things I find surprising are that it was NOT actually a sting and that the parents didn’t put a couple of holes in him.

If I'd come home and found a "man" like this guy on top of my daughter, I can imagine a scenario where I found the nearest blunt object and tried to explain later how I "feared for the safety of my family."

The other thing I can't quite sort out is - looking at this guy's photo - how that kid thought "I'm okay with letting this person in my house while the parents are away." I realize it's a mug shot and he's not at his best, but fer crying out loud the dude screams "creep." A couple years ago there was this very creepy 50 something guy at work who said enough inappropriate things to female co-workers (in their 20s and 30s) that they all agreed to not be in the same room (or car) with him alone. I still work with a couple of them and every time his name comes up the response is "eww!"

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why this teenager would look at this guy and think "he seems alright."

What you do is, you call from the next room, "I made cookies!! Have some!! I'll be right out!" Cue: Chris Hansen.
Hansen: Good evening!

What you do is, you call from the next room, "I made cookies!! Have some!! I'll be right out!" Cue: Chris Hansen.
Hansen: Good evening!
Why do I get the impression that Mr. Chick-Fil-A showed up with a 4 pack of wine coolers?

Meh. It's ChickFilA, WalMart, and Hobby Lobby I want nothing to do with, and the hell with 'em. That's not a long list, and WalMart is the only one I used to haunt, anyway. But if I find out Meijers is funding Moms for Liberty, then I'll leave them alone, too.
At this point in our late stage capitalism it's hard to pick a company that isn't neck-deep in exploitive shit-fuckery. I personally have been avoiding WalMart for decades because a local store directly contributed to a friend's suicide, but in a world of Nestle's that's small potatoes. It's almost like modern corporations looked at an outfit like United Fruit Company and said "yeah, that was terrible from a PR perspective, but what if we could screw over the local population and extract all the wealth from the resources available but without the negative PR? Like...we rape the land and exploit the workers, but we have a division of the company that puts out promotional videos that use high-dollar production values to lie about how we're good for the environment? Yeah...let's do that!"

Kinda like....

Well, you can always shun the oil companies and switch to an EV, but you're just jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, given the horrendous cobalt mining situation in the Congo and elsewhere around the world. Pick your poison.

The only things I find surprising are that it was NOT actually a sting and that the parents didn’t put a couple of holes in him.

If I'd come home and found a "man" like this guy on top of my daughter, I can imagine a scenario where I found the nearest blunt object and tried to explain later how I "feared for the safety of my family."

The other thing I can't quite sort out is - looking at this guy's photo - how that kid thought "I'm okay with letting this person in my house while the parents are away." I realize it's a mug shot and he's not at his best, but fer crying out loud the dude screams "creep." A couple years ago there was this very creepy 50 something guy at work who said enough inappropriate things to female co-workers (in their 20s and 30s) that they all agreed to not be in the same room (or car) with him alone. I still work with a couple of them and every time his name comes up the response is "eww!"

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why this teenager would look at this guy and think "he seems alright."
I do realize we don’t know the whole story but I’d guess that she did not know his age or what he looked like —and that there was a lot more persuasion than a few wine coolers involved.

I do realize we don’t know the whole story but I’d guess that she did not know his age or what he looked like —and that there was a lot more persuasion than a few wine coolers involved.

The story so far has gaps. We may never know answers. My speculation has some differences and similarities to yours . I looked him up. I see he is actually from NC originally, lived in multiple places there, still owned property 40 miles from her town. I also note the following elements: he was talking to her on social media, in 2007 he was a registered Republican but his registration is not public info after that, one of his NC addresses had a Maximize Ministries Inc at the address...given these elements I am not sure he never encountered her in person prior to this, but moreover, patterns like conservatives, religion, social media contact tell me there likely was grooming going on. Some of that could have been in person and it's possible this was not the first time they met up. It's plausible for legal protection, that guy won't give up any of that info, but over time we might learn the whole story from news reports.

The story so far has gaps. We may never know answers. My speculation has some differences and similarities to yours . I looked him up. I see he is actually from NC originally, lived in multiple places there, still owned property 40 miles from her town. I also note the following elements: he was talking to her on social media, in 2007 he was a registered Republican but his registration is not public info after that, one of his NC addresses had a Maximize Ministries Inc at the address...given these elements I am not sure he never encountered her in person prior to this, but moreover, patterns like conservatives, religion, social media contact tell me there likely was grooming going on. Some of that could have been in person and it's possible this was not the first time they met up. It's plausible for legal protection, that guy won't give up any of that info, but over time we might learn the whole story from news reports.
Maybe.

But I really need to stress that to virtually all 15 year old girls, men who are in the same age range as their father…are not seen as sexually attractive. Obvious exceptions for famous celebrities.

I suspect there’s more to this story.

Maybe.

But I really need to stress that to virtually all 15 year old girls, men who are in the same age range as their father…are not seen as sexually attractive. Obvious exceptions for famous celebrities.

I suspect there’s more to this story.
If any of the above speculation is true, I'm interested to know more about the parents. When my daughter was 13, AOL instant messenger was big, her mom confronted an adult male who'd been in the chat rooms with her, and I found another person who was supposedly her middle school "friend" that was online when they were all in class. It was scary over 20 years ago, and I can't imagine what parents have to deal with nowadays.

Despite the thread's specific title, search shows me that this is the thread for general complaints against modern American hyper-capitalism. Therefore let me link to a story about how Uber, once it coerced monopoly power, has been impoverishing its drivers to enrich its shareholders.

At this point in our late stage capitalism
1. What do you mean by "late stage capitalism"?
2. What does that have to do with a thread ostensibly about someone trying to get his freak on with a 15 year old?
it's hard to pick a company that isn't neck-deep in exploitive shit-fuckery.
[citation needed]
I personally have been avoiding WalMart for decades because a local store directly contributed to a friend's suicide,
How so?
but in a world of Nestle's that's small potatoes.
GUEST_70a23996-eab7-46d6-8657-82f229a08abc

What's so horrible about Nestlé?

Or Chevron for that matter. We need oil and oil derivatives and will need them for a few more decades. And even with synfuels, it will be the oil companies that will have the knowhow to supply those kinds of fuels to e.g. the aviation industry.

Well, you can always shun the oil companies and switch to an EV, but you're just jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, given the horrendous cobalt mining situation in the Congo and elsewhere around the world. Pick your poison.
Yes, the conditions for mining workers in the Congo are horrific. You have to consider, however, that
1. You only need to mine the cobalt and other metals once. Oil for gasoline and diesel has to be provided throughout the life of the car. The metals can also be recycled from old batteries.
2. There are cobalt-free battery chemistries, such as LiFePO4.
3. This is all the more reason to encourage more diverse sources of metals like cobalt, lithium, nickel or copper, including domestic mining. Unfortunately, to some radical environmentalists, mining is as much an anathema as drilling.
64a4a55ab1f938ad407f05ed_62a8bdce5d709f58f7e90ac5_Fig19.png

Obviously, some diversification is much needed.

Yeah. These things are usually false flag operations.

Despite the thread's specific title, search shows me that this is the thread for general complaints against modern American hyper-capitalism. Therefore let me link to a story about how Uber, once it coerced monopoly power, has been impoverishing its drivers to enrich its shareholders.

And where in that article is there any proof that it was a bluff? Their "evidence" seems to be what has happened elsewhere, nothing about Minneapolis.

And I note a lot of bashing of supposed greed--never mind that Uber has only shown a profit in one year and it's net earnings over time are still negative.

2. What does that have to do with a thread ostensibly about someone trying to get his freak on with a 15 year old?
[citation needed]
I personally have been avoiding WalMart for decades because a local store directly contributed to a friend's suicide,
How so?

Or Chevron for that matter. We need oil and oil derivatives and will need them for a few more decades. And even with synfuels, it will be the oil companies that will have the knowhow to supply those kinds of fuels to e.g. the aviation industry.
Maybe Dylan Mulvaney endorsed Nestle's Quik?

This thread is getting derailed big time. Back to the OP, is it relevant that this creepo works for Chick-Fil-A? Seems like kind of a cherry picked "See, conservatives are evil bastards" claim to me. Would I have a hard time finding some skinny hipster vegetarian dude working at a Sprouts or Trader's Joe market doing a similar thing?

[citation needed]
How so?

Maybe Dylan Mulvaney endorsed Nestle's Quik?

This thread is getting derailed big time. Back to the OP, is it relevant that this creepo works for Chick-Fil-A? Seems like kind of a cherry picked "See, conservatives are evil bastards" claim to me. Would I have a hard time finding some skinny hipster vegetarian dude working at a Sprouts or Trader's Joe market doing a similar thing?
Yes, it is relevant because he has a lot of money to own a restaurant, decided that the restaurant with religious affiliation was relevant, and then went on to do something the Bible doesn't actually condemn but which is absolutely wrong.

Back
Top Bottom