• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $778. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

China's Warning to the World

Jarhyn

Contributor
When you can't even defeat Afghanistan after 20 years its ...
Par for the course. USA has simply added its name to every other country that has ever tried to "defeat Afghanistan" (win in Afghanistan)
NONE of them have ever prevailed. Except maybe in the RVonse imagination, where it is apparently a minimal accomplishment to "defeat Afghanistan".
It is confusing to me why people would want to live there. It's not the most ideal climate is it?
Because they know how to survive as few others can and that makes it hard to take. And then they just operate whatever makes them money and doesn't run game.against their own folks.

It's the ideal climate for what they are.

As respects the ruling organization. The people are... Well, normal, within the bounds of being buried in an impenetrably fortified desert. And overseen by that.

barbos

Contributor
Australia is too big, too populated, too separated by the sea and too well protected even now.
The only reliable way for China to expand is by land.
Russia is easy target for Chinese expansion - easily accessible, not very populated in the Far East. The only thing which prevents chinese invasion are nukes.
Of course on paper, Russia and China have good relations, but that does not mean much. Russia had "good" relations with Nazi Germany.

Patooka

Veteran Member
Australia is too big(1), too populated(2), too separated by the sea(3) and too well protected(4) even now.
2 of those 4 points are correct.

With regards to the original topic, if you consider the Chinese government* as extremely xenophobic and motivated towards having buffer nations between themselves and "those people", their actions start making a lot more sense.

It's not about conquest - it's about paranoia derived from unhealthy isolationism. With a little dash of authoritarians fucking terrified of losing power thrown in for good measure.

*(not China as a whole, not the Chinese people but the ruling government)

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would take an armada of "freighters" to transport sufficient troops which would be noticed. Really, your argument is ridiculous.
Coupled with the fact Australia loses its collective shit whenever only one of these enters its waters :

0b1bcd977891ba1256b9cda183daa6c9

unless those freighters are equipped with Romulan cloaking devices, someone's gonna notice.

Of course they're going to notice. What I'm saying is they won't be able to scramble a strike fast enough. Same thing that happened with 9/11--the only fighters that even got off the ground in time were unarmed and unable to make the intercept anyway.

Top Bottom